• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Am I allowed to wish for another Magvel series game, or is my kind not allowed here?
The Lord will probably be

[collapse="Not to be taken seriously"]the child of Ephraim and Eirika[/collapse]
:troll:

Jokes aside, I would like to see another game in the Magvel Timeline as well.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Jokes aside, I would like to see another game in the Magvel Timeline as well.
Is it just a timeline or another world entirely?
Also, Blue haired swordsman as main character pls :marthmelee:
Yes, more support for Anna would be gained, I agree.
Honestly I think they left it up for individual interpretation. Just like how they never say explicitly who gets married in a Fire Emblem. Lyndis is the possible mother of 3 children(with separate men) for god's sakes.
I'm curious about this, there seem to be many implied favored pairings, though I love individual interpretation when left open ended because it fuels the imaginations and fan writings. For example, ChromxSumia (sorry ladies that did ChromxAvatar :3), AnnaxJake (Ish, this one is complicated), it somehow seems implied to be the canon pairing. But we shall see if those favored pairings become more than they are later.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I know this is really overboard and ridiculous, but I wish everyone could support with everyone, and I wish that there were no generic parent conversations.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This. But maybe the Wii U can handle so many support conversations.
It isn't really a case of system limitations... more like writer's limitations. With so many units, it would a hell of a task to imagine and write down that many support conversations.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It isn't really a case of system limitations... more like writer's limitations. With so many units, it would a hell of a task to imagine and write down that many support conversations.
Maybe writers can have their own character, and each writer interacts with the other to come up with ideas for support conversations.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Maybe writers can have their own character, and each writer interacts with the other to come up with ideas for support conversations.
I don't know much about game development, but how many writers are usually involved in writing the story for a game? :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
For Christ sake, here's the part I really hate about Fire Emblem with Smash Bros.

Support comes in for the newest toys, it's really extensive and passionate, and then it gets all dumped aside for something new around the corner solely because it's the newest thing.

NEW FLASH MORONS: NONE OF THIS IS GOING TO INFLUENCE JACK SQUAT.
Why is it that you always have to insult people? I wasn't even dumping support from Chrom or Roy into this new not even confirmed character. I guess if I don't include a troll face sarcasm can't be found.

I still want Chrom.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I don't know much about game development, but how many writers are usually involved in writing the story for a game? :p
I'm too lazy to find it, but there was an interview with the whole FE team (just the leads I think?), and it was something similar to individual writers per character, they would have assignments and such.
Agh, there are a few supports I'd think they would have a tough time writing for, maybe those sorts of things are insurmountable.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think the new character would have to really stand out visually and fighting wise in order to get in over the most recent addition to the main character roster. But I prefer to talk about what we know instead of phantom games.

For the supports, I'm surprised they did so much for this game. I personally would rather the supports be a cross between this game and the GBA games. I would want everyone to have about Chrom's selection in terms of husband/wife, and his amount of other supports. I would rather they focus on having a few really great and emotional support conversations (perhaps even with art) than having such a large approach. I would still want the avatar to have a large amount of conversations.

Are you Gaius?
I think Gaius would keep the candy.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What, you want me to throw candy and french kiss everyone instead?

:facepalm:

No. I didn't say that. This is the internet. Be an a**hole to whoever you want. You can throw hard candy at people for all I care.

However, when I made that comment, it wasn't because I had the idea of, "WHAT? NEW LORD? SCREW CHRAM I LIEKS TEH NEW ONE!!111!". It was merely a means of approaching the conversation because who knows who Sakurai will pick if this is a new game, with a brand new lord. He could pick any of those three.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
If they are registering the trademark now, and still hard at work on SMTXFE, then this game would be too far away for the new protagonist to have been reasonably developed in order to be selected. I think the FE newcomer (if there is one) would come from an already released game.

D

Deleted member

I love how Habanero only has extremities for personality.

It's either "Be an ass or be super lovey dovey and nice" as he describes.
It's like there's no middle ground in existence. :laugh:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I love how Habanero only has extremities for personality.

It's either "Be an *** or be super lovey dovey and nice" as he describes.
It's like there's no middle ground in existence. :laugh:
Dichotomy is a strange principle. Anyways, enough talk about users.

I know we've had this discussion before, but things may have changed, how many representatives do you all think Fire Emblem is going to get? How many do you think it deserves? How many would you like to see?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
how many representatives do you all think Fire Emblem is going to get? How many do you think it deserves? How many would you like to see?
I'm betting on 3 reps this time. Though FE probably deserves 4.

As for how many I would like to see.... Over 9000! :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would say three at minimum, four as the maximum, with three being more likely, but four isn't impossible.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It seems everyone agrees on the same thing, here. Anyways, how would you feel if a troll character like Oliver gets in filling the 3rd spot.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It seems everyone agrees on the same thing, here. Anyways, how would you feel if a troll character like Oliver gets in filling the 3rd spot.
Yeah, everyone agrees 3 probably, deserves/wants 4 :3
If a troll character got in I would feel jipped.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I know this is really overboard and ridiculous, but I wish everyone could support with everyone, and I wish that there were no generic parent conversations.

I think they wanted the Future Past 3 DLC to primarily feature twelve children to reflect the Twelve Crusaders seen in Holy War and Thracia, which could be one reason why Morgan was possessed and not counted as one of the heroes throughout Future Past 1 and 2. But I can most certainly agree with having unique parent conversations rather than the generic, cookie cutter ones we've seen.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
3 characters is my bet, but with rosters restrictions I think the FE series could even stick to 2. I really doubt four.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I'd like and expect to see three. I wouldn't be surprised to see only two but would be disappointed and I would love to see 4 but think that might be a little optimistic

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I wish Anna could marry Lon Qu :(
But their convos would suck...
Anna: MONEY MONET MONEY MONEY MONEY SCAM MONEY MONEY MORE MONEY MONEY MONEY PUNS MONEY
Lon'Qu: .....
Lon'Qu x Say'ri is clearly the best "impossible" ship.
On that note... I still hate IS for not letting me ship Lon'qu and Say'ri. What am I saying, I could never hate the people who made Lyn, Ike, Ephraim, and Chorm.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Yeah, I'm really disappointed in the support options for Basilio, Flavia, Tiki, Anna, and Say'ri. They all should have had supports with at least other characters. They could have also married some characters other than the Avatar.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Yeah, I'm really disappointed in the support options for Basilio, Flavia, Tiki, Anna, and Say'ri. They all should have had supports with at least other characters. They could have also married some characters other than the Avatar.
Agreed.
I'd totally ship Emmeryn and Gangrel every time, just to screw with the potential of Chrom becoming the exalt.
Also, why, WHY is Basilio x Flavia only up to A? Seriously!

Also, I think it'd be neat if the children could talk to Gen 1's that aren't their parents.
Oh, and why the generic convos with families? It always urked me that Kjelle would act exactly like Cynthia and Inigo in her first convo with Lucina. Lucina also needed more unique convos with her different mothers, (ex. Sully not wanting a dress and taking a more serious approach, Maribelle giving Lucina shopping advice, Olivia teaching Lucina how to dance, etc.)

Wow, that's a big post..

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, I wish the children characters had more supports, I wish the next FE allows everyone to support with everybody else really, if it's possible. I didn't understand why Emmeryn couldn't support with Chrom and Lissa, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom