• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm happy arena ferox is a map, it really deserves a spot and works well. If there are no hazards, it could be a tournament stage

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Playing through Path of Radiance, It seems that Ike's famous quote didn't come out of nowhere.:laugh: :p

Hong

The Strongest
Well to be fair, Soren is Ike's girlfriend.

:troll:
;~; The unlocked scene in RD is so touching...
AND THEN THEY LEAVE TO AN UNKNOWN LAND TOGETHER THAT IS SO ROMANTIC

Also I found it hilarious how Elincia was friendzoned by Ike between PoR and RD so she just settled for Geoffrey.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Personally, I'd like to see another type of unit playable from Fire Emblem. It's all Lords. Having a Thief or a Mage would make for a more interesting character.
I would like a Micaiah/Sothe tag team thing, but that seems completely out of the question.
I do, however, recall Gaius placing very highly on a Japanese poll for SSB4 character wishes. Gaius would be a pretty badass character and I would be happy if he was playable. But seeing how Gaius is a more minor character in Awakening I feel it is also very unlikely.
Chrom is clearly the frontrunner for a new Fire Emblem rep, but I think there's a significant possibility that the Avatar character from Awakening could be the new playable character - given he/she is just as important to the game's story. Avatar would give some much needed variety to the current roster of Fire Emblem reps (Roy included) given his ability to use magic.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Certainly not the only one with a chance.
But I didn't really consider her a possibility, I suppose since she's been in nearly every Fire Emblem game (or actually every game) it would make sense. Though she's never been very important. I think she would make a perfect Assist Trophy - that suits her better.

Hong

The Strongest
This time around they have rounded off their roster early in development. This hopefully means the art team will have more time to implement trophies. With this, I would not be at all surprised if Anna shows up as a trophy, and I would be happy with that.

Of course it has to be said that I would not at all be opposed to a playable Anna, but really, it would be hard for them to not please me with who ever they choose to represent Fire Emblem. As long as they are notable, whether it is out of fan popularity, playing an iconic role (Anna, Tiki, Pegasus Sisters, etc.) or of course being a lord, I am happy to have them appear in the game. I mean, SSB64 didn't even acknowledge the series, so we have come a long way to getting two characters with different moves and their own stage. I was pleasantly surprised to see an Elincia trophy in SSBB. I don't think it is unreasonable to hope for more Fire Emblem stuff in the next game.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
My late answer to the 3 characters I want question.

Lords only. Lucina or Lynn, Martha, Ike
Nonlords. Anna, Martha, Ike

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Who else? (Just to clarify, I'm talking about non-lord characters.)
The only Non-Lord I think even seems realistic to is Robin/MU/Avatar whatever you wanna call it. I'd say they are potentially even more important to the plot than Chrom (though really in the end the whole theme of Awakening was BONDS). The biggest issue I see with Robin is that making a generic version of the character kinda kills the point of the character IMO. Anna is cool enough, in fact she was initially one of my top choices for S rank, but I don't see why you think she'd be a likely character. The only thing she really has going for her is that she is reoccurring throughout the entire series but her importance isn't ever significant in any of her appearances. She didn't even score that great on the Awakening specific poll where she got 13th out of 25 for the females. After that I suppose I'd agree though unless you were counting Robin as a Lord for some reason.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Ah, well. For some reason I remember her as a Swordmaster. In any case Lyn seems like she would play differently then male Lords.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Lyn is categorized as a Swordmaster in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Her general stat distribution, stat growths, and signature weapon Mani Katti are all also reminiscent to a typical Myrmidon in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Considering Manly Spirit's Character Archetype thread, I've listed the FE newcomers and possible archetypes for the one's whose moveset I've came up with:
Offensive:
Momentum:
Lyn
Lucina
Mix Up:
Lyn (arrows)
Anna (levin sword)
Beatdown:
Chrom
Sniper:
Micaiah
Trap Layer:
Micaiah
Semi-Grapplers:
Anna
Stance Users:
Chrom (With swords and lances)
Lucina (double handed and single handed)
Counter Users:
Lucina (more than just counter)
All other FE characters.

For Lucina, the archetypes thread game me the idea to give her two different stances. One more like the standard one handed sword stance, and the other in her signature, slightly crouching, two handed stabby stance. The former is faster and uses more slash, while the second incorporates more stabs but requires more time for moves while being stronger.
Here's Lucina's two stances:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
We'd all be happy if they made a Fire Emblem fighting game. Wouldn't we? Hey if Persona got one why can't we?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
It's either that or a dating sim.

Pick your poison.

A dating sim and a fighter aren't technically mutually exclusive...

"You wish to court me? Absurd! ... well, first things first. Draw your sword, then, and we'll see how good your... swordplay is."

FIGHT!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New Fire Emblem game? Yay!

Also, that one comment on the article was funny.

"Fire Emblem: Emblem."

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hmmm...well this adds more drama to Fire Emblem now.

Will Sakurai choose Roy, Chrom, or the newest Lord? Whoever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom