• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think that Anna should use her awakening form and then use her other appearances outfits as her alternate colors albeit with a sheath and others things that the trickster class carries.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm starting to side with the others, classic Anna re-envisioned, like Marth was for his Melee design.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think difference is that Marth's redesign came after not appearing in game for 7 years. And also appearing as a 2D character with basic graphics. Even in concept art, character were deliberately designed to make it easier for them to transition into 16 bit.

Anna's redesign is relatively recent. It will be around 2 years when Smash comes out in 2014. I think in respect of Yusuke Kozaki's wonderful redesign, she should appear as she does in the game. Yusuke Kozaki's art really contributed to the game's popularity so I think that should keep it as long as they can.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
They seem to have more of a soft spot for Lucina, to be quite honest.
Do you mind elaborating on this statement? How have they shown this?

He has sooooo much bias when it comes to making game decisions that it's pretty damn evident. I'm sure plenty of others would agree with me on this if you believe me.
I can see this, sort of, but can you elaborate it also?

Nado

Smash Cadet
Every fire emblem game (except sacred stones I believe) had a sequel where they used the same characters just at a different point in time. Prince Marth-King Marth, Little Sothe- Big Sothe, Kid Roy-Teenage Roy(although reverse chronological). So its pretty likely Lucina will eventually be in another game and probably as one of the main characters, if not the main character. It wouldn't be too far-fetched due to the popularity of this game that Chrom finds his way into a future sequel and plays an Ike type role.

They've already announced that Fire Emblem will have a new game for Wii U(yes, I know its a partnered game with Shin Megami Tensei so it could have nothing to do with Awakening) and they probably already know who the main character is and what the basis of the story will be. So if that game has an Awakening influence and an Awakening character as the main, its pretty likely that that character could be added to this Super Smash Bros. If you want to follow the trends of past Fire Emblem game normally a younger character will be placed as the lead and awakening happens to have a cast of children characters in the game. When you look through the children characters, it makes it seem that the most likely characters to be the main of the next game are Morgan and Lucina.

Also id play the dlc mode(or watch it online) the future past(a summary without spoilers is its an alternative ending to the game) as it might change your perception on who is the most likely fire emblem characters to be added.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Every fire emblem game (except sacred stones I believe) had a sequel where they used the same characters just at a different point in time.
Fire Emblem: Gaiden
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

There is also Fire Emblem: Awakening, but that is obvious.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Fun Fact kinda relating to FE characters being in multiple games: Catria and Est have been playable in the most FE games, with 7 game appearances. This composes of: FE1, FE2, FE3, FE11, FE12, FE13 and BSFE (a collection of Fire Emblem games available on the Satellaview in Japan in the 90s, based off of FE1. They're downloadable chapters in FE12).

Est for Smash 4!

because she's the best! :troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Lunatic Mode is nuts, Relying on Frederick too much, only beat 3 chapters to finally get to wireless mode, realizing I can't grind on freaking spotpass, as they only give 1 exp. I think I'll wait till I get the DLC just to beat this horrible mode and get the perfect team while am at it.
For now I'm just gonna do a new file again on hard mode, and make the perfect team there.
(I haven't beaten the game yet)

Hong

The Strongest
Palla is my favourite of the three. ^~^ Who is yours?
Lunatic Mode is nuts, Relying on Frederick too much, only beat 3 chapters to finally get to wireless mode, realizing I can't grind on freaking spotpass, as they only give 1 exp. I think I'll wait till I get the DLC just to beat this horrible mode and get the perfect team while am at it.
For now I'm just gonna do a new file again on hard mode, and make the perfect team there.
(I haven't beaten the game yet)
I recommend having Frederick and Chrom take up the helm in Ch0-2, then start feeding your Avatar as soon as Ch1 is over. She should be able to carry your team from that point on until Ch16, and you can get her to at least Lv 8 by Paralogue 1. Chrom will help out where he can and when you reach Ch5, a chapter with a fortress you can reach on the first turn and an enemy army mostly comprised of wyverns and bandits, he should practically level himself. If you are having a hard time, you can pick up a Physic from the Spotpass shops.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't really want Marth's Awakening look unless it is "Marth". It feels like they used that design for the convenience of being a Lucina headswap.

Either they renew the FE3->SSBM look or go with the slightly altered FE12 look.

Aside from that, that roster is entirely acceptable, to me.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
What would everyone think of Marth, Robin, and Chrom? All in their Awakening forms (which for two, is their "only" form)?
I'd be a bit annoyed if Ike got cut and Robin was put in his place. I don't think a create your own character type from FE should be one of the Smash faces from the series. That would undercut so many other FE main characters if they did that. It's not even funny

If Chrom gets in I'm ok with it. I'm hoping for Marth, Ike, Roy personally but I doubt it'll happen.

I'd be a bit annoyed if Ike got cut and Robin was put in his place. I don't think a create your own character type from FE should be one of the Smash faces from the series. That would undercut so many other FE main characters if they did that. It's not even funny

If Chrom gets in I'm ok with it. I'm hoping for Marth, Ike, Roy personally but I doubt it'll happen.
Robin wouldn't be a create your own character in Smash though, as they would give the character the default male and female costumes. It would represent the avatar character, which represents multiple Fire Emblem games. Not just one or two.

It also gives us a character that is multi-gendered (like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer) as well as a new moveset (Tactician, or in other words a sword mage).

Just a thought.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
What would everyone think of Marth, Robin, and Chrom? All in their Awakening forms (which for two, is their "only" form)?

Edit: Ah, didn't get that you were proposing those three as characters instead of just asking what design they would use.

I think everyone should use the Awakening designs with the sole exception of Micaiah.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would be really disappointed. Marth is okay. Robin would probably have an okay moveset, as could Chrom, but I dislike them both as characters.

Honestly I dislike Robin more than I do Chrom.

Would be really disappointed. Marth is okay. Robin would probably have an okay moveset, as could Chrom, but I dislike them both as characters.

Honestly I dislike Robin more than I do Chrom.
Reason why? Just wondering.

I think he/she would be interesting representation to the series. Different moveset and represents the avatar (which has been in multiple games).

Oops, double post.

But still I just think Robin would bring something new to the franchise. Just my thoughts on the matter though.

And then a popular choice can be DLC.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I dont think characters should use their awakening redesign because those are designed with a specific class in mind. Additionally, I'm big advocate of replicating in game mechanics and looks. If everyone took from their awakening redesign, it would take away from the individuality they have from their own games. Marth should look like he does FE12, Ike should like he does in FE10, and the Awakening rep should keep their Awakening look. It also a great way to see how style has evolved through out the series.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
If we get the Avater, I think it'd be cool if they gave us Female version.. just to differentiate further.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If we get the Avater, I think it'd be cool if they gave us Female version.. just to differentiate further.
How about a Male costume and a female costume?

They could do the same for Pokemon Trainer and Villager.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Give Marth this one.

His awakening redesign is him in lucina's outfit which isn't really part of marth's character. The outfit above would be.
Other than that, I would be very happy with that roster. New games that are drastically different are always met with a lot of cynicism. If they were to be added in game, it wouldn't take long for people to warm up to them. Heck, lots of people accepted WiiFit Trainer already.

Also that roster meets sakurai's criteria on variety pretty well.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Reason why? Just wondering.

I think he/she would be interesting representation to the series. Different moveset and represents the avatar (which has been in multiple games).
I meant it more in the sense that I would argue that Robin ruined a lot of FE13's storyline, characters, and character development, in addition to being a downgrade from FE12's My Unit. Robin could have an interesting moveset, but for me it doesn't matter when I dislike the character as a whole.

In comparison, I don't hate Chrom, but I don't like him either, I just don't have much hope for his moveset.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Other than that, I would be very happy with that roster. New games that are drastically different are always met with a lot of cynicism. If they were to be added in game, it wouldn't take long for people to warm up to them. Heck, lots of people accepted WiiFit Trainer already.

Also that roster meets sakurai's criteria on variety pretty well.
One thing though.

People accepted Wii Fit Trainer because she is a bonus. Nothing had to be taken away for us to get her.

If Ike was removed people really wouldn't like that move. We don't like to give up what we have. That's why Mewtwo and Roy are so popular. At the very least make it...

Marth
Ike
Chrom and/or Robin

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
How about a Male costume and a female costume?

They could do the same for Pokemon Trainer and Villager.

And have two separate voices? I don't think they want to put that much effort into something extra. Same for PT. I'm not sure how the Villager will sound, but if he doesn't have a voice then I could see having a female option.

Hong

The Strongest
In terms of gameplay while trying to cover the most of the series in a reasonable fashion (IE important characters), I think the best roster would be

Marth
Ephraim
Chrom

No, I am not an Ephraim fan, but there is no denying he could make for an awesome character. I would love tose a PRIMARY lance user appear in Smash Bros.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I meant it more in the sense that I would argue that Robin ruined a lot of FE13's storyline, characters, and character development, in addition to being a downgrade from FE12's My Unit. Robin could have an interesting moveset, but for me it doesn't matter when I dislike the character as a whole.

In comparison, I don't hate Chrom, but I don't like him either, I just don't have much hope for his moveset.
This is the same feeling I have. If Robin was more along the lines of Kris from New Mystery of The Emblem, a custom character that's treated as a side character who's influence is mainly for side quests, I wouldn't mind him/her as much. But when the custom character is a main character, then things start to feel like some sort of bad fanfiction.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
And have two separate voices? I don't think they want to put that much effort into something extra. Same for PT. I'm not sure how the Villager will sound, but if he doesn't have a voice then I could see having a female option.
You have no faith in the development team.

This is no group of moders where adding another set of audio is a confusing, long project not worth taking on. This is a professional development studio producing a triple A game. As long as the system has the hardware capabilities, they're not going to be stopped by such a small hurdle.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
You have no faith in the development team.

This is no group of moders where adding another set of audio is a confusing, long project not worth taking on. This is a professional development studio producing a triple A game. As long as the system has the hardware capabilities, they're not going to be stopped by such a small hurdle.

100% agreed, bringing in a voice actor for a day and linking the sounds isn't particularly grueling.

Besides, the default appearance of Robin isn't that macho/old seeming. They could easily have a rather ambiguously androgynous voice that's shared by both sexes.

Hong

The Strongest
Also, let's not forget that Nintendo has taken a full 180 when it comes to voice work in games since Brawl. Have you played Kid Icarus: Uprising, or Fire Emblem: Awakening? They got some of the best talent in the industry, and even off characters have decent voices. Also, I liked the voice work in Sin & Punishment: Star Successor as well. Besides, since they have stopped taking character requests and if they truly started spending more time implementing what they have, I don't think we will have the mess we had with Brawl. I expect more quality with this entry overall.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
You're right, my bad. I was more thinking that it doesn't seem like they generally go down that route, limiting their character selections to one model, generally (and with that, one voice/no gender switches or whatever), such as Pokemon Trainer.

I loved the voices in Awakening. They made the characters so much more developed. I wished they'd done that for the DLC characters. Lucina's voice in particular was my favorite, made me like the character that much more.

Nado

Smash Cadet
Fire Emblem: Gaiden
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

There is also Fire Emblem: Awakening, but that is obvious.
Yah wasn't quite sure about that game as well as a few others as I hadn't played them myself although I did exclude sacred stones. Being that it is 10/12 games that do something like that.
Oops, double post.

But still I just think Robin would bring something new to the franchise. Just my thoughts on the matter though.

And then a popular choice can be DLC.
I like Lucina way more than I like Robin. Even if she is another blue haired lord.

I like Morgan's personality more(reasons being said in the spoiler and its actually a spoiler so don't look unless you want stuff spoiled) so if she was maybe a future my character unit/future something else(also in spoilers) Id prefer her. Of course thats 100 percent hypothetical but being that this thread is solely based on flimsy assumptions I don't think I'm that out of line with my guessing. Also MU/Robin doesn't really have a character design while Morgan does and Morgan's is basically the same for both genders so they wouldn't need to do massive editing. But most importantly, Morgan is the best character in the game which makes her/him an instant favorite for me.

I like how Morgan's character shows the extreme positives of her/his personality. In the present she is overly cheerful and respects everything her/his dad says more than anything else. But in the future the latter trait makes her/him a psychotic mastermind villain who kills all her friends to please her father. Amnesia makes her forget that she was suppose to track down and kill all the people so she isn't ever really suppose to be an ally. In any event I like Morgan, only a protagonist because she forgot what she was suppose to be doing.

Nado

Smash Cadet
[ collapse ] <hidden text> [ /collapse ]

Just take away the spaces and put your stuff in the middle.
Aww thank you I kept on trying to use spoiler instead of collapse and unsurprisingly it wasn't working.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I would like an out realm stage that goes through worlds from most games in the series...
image.jpg

Anna being a common FE char. Raises her chances

Yah wasn't quite sure about that game as well as a few others as I hadn't played them myself although I did exclude sacred stones. Being that it is 10/12 games that do something like that.

I like Lucina way more than I like Robin. Even if she is another blue haired lord.

I like Morgan's personality more(reasons being said in the spoiler and its actually a spoiler so don't look unless you want stuff spoiled) so if she was maybe a future my character unit/future something else(also in spoilers) Id prefer her. Of course thats 100 percent hypothetical but being that this thread is solely based on flimsy assumptions I don't think I'm that out of line with my guessing. Also MU/Robin doesn't really have a character design while Morgan does and Morgan's is basically the same for both genders so they wouldn't need to do massive editing. But most importantly, Morgan is the best character in the game which makes her/him an instant favorite for me.

I like how Morgan's character shows the extreme positives of her/his personality. In the present she is overly cheerful and respects everything her/his dad says more than anything else. But in the future the latter trait makes her/him a psychotic mastermind villain who kills all her friends to please her father. Amnesia makes her forget that she was suppose to track down and kill all the people so she isn't ever really suppose to be an ally. In any event I like Morgan, only a protagonist because she forgot what she was suppose to be doing.
Well it could be either or, but still, it is a Tactician/Mage Sword User in the end.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Fun Fact kinda relating to FE characters being in multiple games: Catria and Est have been playable in the most FE games, with 7 game appearances. This composes of: FE1, FE2, FE3, FE11, FE12, FE13 and BSFE (a collection of Fire Emblem games available on the Satellaview in Japan in the 90s, based off of FE1. They're downloadable chapters in FE12).
You forgot Palla, the eldest of the 3 Sisters.

I've been saying this for a while but having them as an Assist Trophy would be perfect. Triangle Attack anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom