• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A You Found the Hint Glasses! - Q&A and FAQ

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
Which stages to BAN when playing Link? (Apex stage-list)

I understand there's another thread on stage discussions but after some reading it looks like just about every stage is preferred.... That's not very helpful unfortunately.

I've been banning mostly due to preference which is pretty inefficient. Those stages being Lylatt with the other depending on who I'm facing. The other bans are Castle Siege, Wuhu, Kongo 64 or Skyloft for counter-picks.

I suppose another way to word the question is if there's a stage I'm banning that is actually Link favoured.

Also what are Link's good and bad match-ups as of this patch? I honestly think things have changed and that question's answer should be updated.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
It all depends on the matchup. I've taken people to every single one of the legal stages - even castle siege because the first transformation is great for the arrows. I love taking people to Duck Hunt due to the fact that we can kill horizontally and aren't reliant on a vertical kill. Plus we can hide in the grass with a charged arrow, or hide a bomb behind it.

Stage striking is all about matchups. Don't always ban Lylat unless you know your opponent's strong there. For instance - if you ban Lylat against a DDD, you're wasting a ban. No DDD will ever take anyone to Lylat it's his worst stage. Since DDD's best stage is Halberd, you'd be best off banning there. But if you're playing against a DDD and they don't ban Lylat - you should take them there. You hardly even have to do anything to shut down Gordos now.

You have Wuhu, Kongo 64, and Skyloft where you are? How many bans do you get? We don't have any of those stages on our singes list and we have 2 bans after winning. But - Kongo 64 is great for bomb shenanigans. If you time an upward toss (either smash toss or otherwise) so that it lands on the descending platform at the right moment, the bomb will bounce the entire distance down, constantly having active hitboxes. Also it's very easy to soft toss the bomb on the stage.

Holy crap I'm all over the place. What I'm trying to say is - there isn't a single stage that makes Link horrible. So instead of always banning the same stages, ban the stages that your opponent will be best at, not the stage that you personally are bad at utilizing correctly.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
It all depends on the matchup. I've taken people to every single one of the legal stages - even castle siege because the first transformation is great for the arrows. I love taking people to Duck Hunt due to the fact that we can kill horizontally and aren't reliant on a vertical kill. Plus we can hide in the grass with a charged arrow, or hide a bomb behind it.

Stage striking is all about matchups. Don't always ban Lylat unless you know your opponent's strong there. For instance - if you ban Lylat against a DDD, you're wasting a ban. No DDD will ever take anyone to Lylat it's his worst stage. Since DDD's best stage is Halberd, you'd be best off banning there. But if you're playing against a DDD and they don't ban Lylat - you should take them there. You hardly even have to do anything to shut down Gordos now.

You have Wuhu, Kongo 64, and Skyloft where you are? How many bans do you get? We don't have any of those stages on our singes list and we have 2 bans after winning. But - Kongo 64 is great for bomb shenanigans. If you time an upward toss (either smash toss or otherwise) so that it lands on the descending platform at the right moment, the bomb will bounce the entire distance down, constantly having active hitboxes. Also it's very easy to soft toss the bomb on the stage.

Holy crap I'm all over the place. What I'm trying to say is - there isn't a single stage that makes Link horrible. So instead of always banning the same stages, ban the stages that your opponent will be best at, not the stage that you personally are bad at utilizing correctly.
We get two bans lol. I just ban depending on what I think I wouldn't like not what I know is advantageous or not.

Interesting idea with Duck Hunt. Never thought of that as I still haven't unlocked that stage.

Indeed, sometimes I do not ban Lylat as I know my opponent does not want to go there. Many people won't go to Skyloft or Wuhu disliking the transformations as much as I do. However I wouldn't know what to ban against them afterwards. I guess ultimately it depends on me knowing what stages my opponent is best on.

However what I'm interested in are the stages that Link is least favoured on. While I'm sure he won't be terrible on them I'd like to know what to ban when I'm unsure.

Last edited:

Koby_T

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kobyteith
I'm doing some testing and need to confirm some information. Does the front hit of spin attack hit on frame 4 or 8? Our frame data by FSK says 4 but our patch notes say 8.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I'm doing some testing and need to confirm some information. Does the front hit of spin attack hit on frame 4 or 8? Our frame data by FSK says 4 but our patch notes say 8.
If it was frame 4 it'd solve a lot of Link's OoS problems. Lol

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Just picked up Link and so far i'm loving him he has so much potential. I just have a few questions which i couldnt find on the threads.

-How strong is Link's dtilt spike and where does it spike? Can it get people on the ledge? If so, who?
-Does Link's pivot grab have extended range?
-How do the knockback angles on bombs work? Like how do you know which direction a bomb will launch a foe or does that come with practice?
-Does Link have any combo breakers? Bombs? What frame are bombs pulled out?
-Also I found alot of stuff about arrow locks and how to use bombs, but how useful is the boomerang? like when should I use it?

If there is anything I asked that has already been answered in one of the threads feel free to link me.....although most of the Link threads are really complex :/ well, as expected from a complex character like Link.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
-How strong is Link's dtilt spike and where does it spike? Can it get people on the ledge? If so, who?
Link's dtilt spike is strong enough to kill someone on the ledge at about 120 in my experience. I'll record me pulling it off on someone on the ledge soon so you have an idea of how his Dtilt spike works now.
-Does Link's pivot grab have extended range?
Yes, Link's grab parameter on normal and dash grab is 32, and on pivot grab it is 41 (i.e. significantly larger).
-How do the knockback angles on bombs work? Like how do you know which direction a bomb will launch a foe or does that come with practice?
Like anything it can be DId, you have to respond. See me getting a kill out of that, for instance, here and then again here. If they DI very horizontal you can easily Usmash or Utilt. If he DIs away you'll have to chase then full hop Fair or Uair. It seems that, on later percents, when they're close, they'll usually get knockback towards you.
-Does Link have any combo breakers? Bombs? What frame are bombs pulled out?
The bomb pull-out is slow, don't use it as a combo breaker you'll eat aerials -- especially Uairs. I know many Links here have a tendency to double jump bomb pull out of things, which I could always neatly read with Palutena for a very early kill off the top with Uair. But when you already have one (and you should have one often) it does break combos. Just press Z to drop it anywhere along the line. A notable use of this is breaking up grabs after a full hop bomb pull -- press Z close to the ground and any dash attack / dash grab will be broken up: see here at the start.
-Also I found alot of stuff about arrow locks and how to use bombs, but how useful is the boomerang? like when should I use it?
I'd say just watch some Link videos, it's not a bad projectile at all just sluggish and laggy.
Requiem:4link: vs DLA:4ganondorf:
13 June 2015 Tournament
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlMmfazcLiA

KirinBlaze:4link:vs HoM@LoN:4charizard:/:4rob:
KirinBlaze 8 February 2015 Smash Attack 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2UtIvOQBY

Also know when it's dangerous to use it much:
Scizor:4link:/:4greninja: vs Angbad:4olimar:
4 June 2015 Tournament *Customs*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93DtaAFvwjo

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Link's dtilt spike is strong enough to kill someone on the ledge at about 120 in my experience. I'll record me pulling it off on someone on the ledge soon so you have an idea of how his Dtilt spike works now.

Yes, Link's grab parameter on normal and dash grab is 32, and on pivot grab it is 41 (i.e. significantly larger).

Like anything it can be DId, you have to respond. See me getting a kill out of that, for instance, here and then again here. If they DI very horizontal you can easily Usmash or Utilt. If he DIs away you'll have to chase then full hop Fair or Uair. It seems that, on later percents, when they're close, they'll usually get knockback towards you.

The bomb pull-out is slow, don't use it as a combo breaker you'll eat aerials -- especially Uairs. I know many Links here have a tendency to double jump bomb pull out of things, which I could always neatly read with Palutena for a very early kill off the top with Uair. But when you already have one (and you should have one often) it does break combos. Just press Z to drop it anywhere along the line. A notable use of this is breaking up grabs after a full hop bomb pull -- press Z close to the ground and any dash attack / dash grab will be broken up: see here at the start.

I'd say just watch some Link videos, it's not a bad projectile at all just sluggish and laggy.
Requiem:4link: vs DLA:4ganondorf:
13 June 2015 Tournament
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlMmfazcLiA

KirinBlaze:4link:vs HoM@LoN:4charizard:/:4rob:
KirinBlaze 8 February 2015 Smash Attack 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2UtIvOQBY

Also know when it's dangerous to use it much:
Scizor:4link:/:4greninja: vs Angbad:4olimar:
4 June 2015 Tournament *Customs*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93DtaAFvwjo
Thanks so much for an amazing response!

8bitArcher

Smash Rookie
I main Link but I'm having trouble finding a secondary to cover Link's bad match-ups. Can somebody help me with this? Which characters (or type of character) would be a good idea to learn?

Frankly, a high tier one.

Link's bad match ups tend to be against the better characters in the roster, so your best bet is someone who can handle those characters, the best bet? Another high tier. The problem? Odds are the other person mains their character and will just thrash you on equal footing due to greater experience with the match up.

High tier characters also tend to do as well or better than Link in match ups he doesn't suck at, which begs the question, why play Link? Why have a secondary if you're determined to play Link anyway?

Which is it? Are you in it to win as Link, or just to win? I have no taste for tier whores. If the answer to that question turns out to just be that you want to win, just jump ship, and scramble off.
Otherwise... If you're determined to do this the hard way, the better way... The safest advice I can give you is to find out what specific bad match ups you desperately need a secondary for, and pick your character based on those specific match ups and practice that character in those match ups. Pick a niche character if possible, one not seen often but that can handle those specific match ups competently.

Your question is too vague, you need specifics, or else the answer to your question, due to it being so general, is simply "play someone better than Link, duh", which is not the sort of business we do on the Link boards.

But my best advice, is just go all Link, all the time.

Last edited:

8bitArcher

Smash Rookie
Frankly, a high tier one.

Link's bad match ups tend to be against the better characters in the roster, so your best bet is someone who can handle those characters, the best bet? Another high tier. The problem? Odds are the other person mains their character and will just thrash you on equal footing due to greater experience with the match up.

High tier characters also tend to do as well or better than Link in match ups he doesn't suck at, which begs the question, why play Link? Why have a secondary if you're determined to play Link anyway?

Which is it? Are you in it to win as Link, or just to win? I have no taste for tier whores. If the answer to that question turns out to just be that you want to win, just jump ship, and scramble off.
Otherwise... If you're determined to do this the hard way, the better way... The safest advice I can give you is to find out what specific bad match ups you desperately need a secondary for, and pick your character based on those specific match ups and practice that character in those match ups. Pick a niche character if possible, one not seen often but that can handle those specific match ups competently.

Your question is too vague, you need specifics, or else the answer to your question, due to it being so general, is simply "play someone better than Link, duh", which is not the sort of business we do on the Link boards.

But my best advice, is just go all Link, all the time.
Thank you for the advice. I have a request though. Can you give me an example of how I could have made my question more specific? Because I thought it was a pretty obvious question to be honest. Like..I main Link and I'm looking for a secondary character that can counter Links bad MU's. What else could I have added? (This was a real question. I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I have VERY little experience posting in forums.)

I mean in terms of which match ups give you the greatest deal of trouble. The problem you'll face with a generalist character who excels in many match ups is they're commonly picked, everyone knows how to fight them, and if you're not maining that character, your odds of winning with them are somewhat lower if they're simply a 'pocket' pick.

To be more specific, you'd have to think of exactly which match ups you want to cover, and also why you have trouble handling them as Link. Simply asking "who should I second?" doesn't really give us enough to work with to help you, it's too general, too open of a question.

Also, don't worry too much about being sarcastic around here. Feelings are not easily hurt on the Link boards, we have something of a reputation for our coarseness, actually. So long as you read our stickies and don't break our rules, there's not much you can say that will bother us in any serious way.

Other boards may be more sensitive, if you're truly new to forums I suggest you check out the social threads of any character you intend to play, it's a good way to get an eye on the different board cultures.

On final piece of advice, newcomer. Stay out of my shed.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I main Link but I'm having trouble finding a secondary to cover Link's bad match-ups. Can somebody help me with this? Which characters (or type of character) would be a good idea to learn?
As Shin has said, Link actually has the same issue as in Melee almost, that is, his bad MUs are the high tier one, and the onlly ones who can counter High tiers are other High tiers. Sheik would be the easier answer since she can counter everyone, but if you play Sheik well enough, then why bother ever changing back to Link? Picking Link has no advantage over picking Sheik almost.

However, if you want a character to counter Link's bad Mus, you should pick a character that it not encessarily high tier, but that is the opposite of Link. Usually Link's bad MUs will rely on his weight (which leads to being easily juggled), slow speed of moves and attacks, and how he has no guaranteed combos. Then a safe bet would be a char that is maybe lighter so it can escape combos fater, faster in movement so you can be more aggressive, and with safe guaranteed combos. Some chars who satisfy this criteria are Sheik, Diddy, Luigi, Fox, ZSS, and Mario. You can pick from that list the ones who best fits your playstyle and you should be good.

Personally, my new main alt is Ryu, because I play chars I like and screw the MUs. As an example, My alts are Sheik, Fox, and ZSS, yet I always go all Link in tourneys regardless of MU. As Shin said, my main focus is winning with Link, not just winning.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
In practice, fine Link players' secondaries are: Mario, in the case of KirinBlaze, see him use it against for example Kirby. Scizor has Greninja, see him use it against for example Ike. Cat has a Metaknight, see him use it against for example ZSS. Unknown has a Pit, see him use it against for example Luigi. StaticManny, when he was still planning to switch to Link, would go Link first then switch to his Sonic if necessary. Mook, when he still felt like it, went Pikachu after losing with Link. Cyner & Requiem have a Samus (who does not offer fine coverage in most instances).

Conclusion: most reasonably competent characters, starting at, say, MK, Kirby and Pit and moving up, should be able to help you. The more light and agile the better.

Last edited:

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
I play Link and Samus because I have a personal connection with them. I have Marth, Zero Suit Samus, and captain falcon as pockets but I don't use them at all in tournaments.

Last edited:

Mrawesome48

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrawesome48
No matter what i do i cannot beat Link or toon link. If im approaching im getting pelted with projectiles. If i get near im being pushed back with jab. I cannot connect any attacks. I have no literally no idea how to do anything against both of these characters. I'm aware of perfect shielding but i cannot perfect shield everything that comes my way. I am sick and tired of being beat by spam

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
No matter what i do i cannot beat Link or toon link. If im approaching im getting pelted with projectiles. If i get near im being pushed back with jab. I cannot connect any attacks. I have no literally no idea how to do anything against both of these characters. I'm aware of perfect shielding but i cannot perfect shield everything that comes my way. I am sick and tired of being beat by spam
well... uh.... this is awkward.

You play rosalina right? Don't you have a move that nullifies projectiles? You don't even need to power shield. If Link's spamming on FG, just spam down-b and make him approach, then juggle the crap out of him. Link's easy to juggle. So do that.

Last edited:

Mrawesome48

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrawesome48
well... uh.... this is awkward.

You play rosalina right? Don't you have a move that nullifies projectiles? You don't even need to power shield. If Link's spamming on FG, just spam down-b and make him approach, then juggle the crap out of him. Link's easy to juggle. So do that.
I play like half the cast and im not playing her at the moment. I'm playing chars like Charizard who have no way to deflect projectiles and are forced to approach

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Perfect Shielding in FG is very close to impossible due to the lag. Even the slightest lag will render PSing a damn nigh insurmountable task. My advice would be to study their behaviour and find an opening in their spam. Most people playing FG aren't that good, and their spam won't be top notch. That means, that spam to spam without having a plan beyond "throw crap at you". Take some time to analyze their pattern, how do they spam, when, when do they roll, how do they react to me approaching, and then predict and counter them. This is what is called "reading".

So, in essence, learn to read your opponents and punish accordingly.

Now, that being said, we can't get one specific than that unless we know what character you're using since each character has a different specific way of dealing with spam and approaching.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Hello. When I play as toonlink vs link I have trouble punishing link for some reason. He seems to have very little end lag on everything. One of my biggest grips is punishing links roll. Even when I know its coming I cant seem to hit him. I dont have this trouble when facing other toonlinks or most of the cast in general but link for some reason is a rolling maniac master. Any advice?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Hello. When I play as toonlink vs link I have trouble punishing link for some reason. He seems to have very little end lag on everything. One of my biggest grips is punishing links roll. Even when I know its coming I cant seem to hit him. I dont have this trouble when facing other toonlinks or most of the cast in general but link for some reason is a rolling maniac master. Any advice?

Link actually has considerable end lag on all of his moves. I'd recommend getting MU advise from the gay boards on how to play vs Link. And as for punishing rolls, if you can't time a hit on time, try going for a grab.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
Any tips on Nair locking properly? I read the AT thread and practiced it for a little while but I'm not getting it at all. Does this AT work on the whole cast? And are there any characters that are particularly easy to get the nair lock on?

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Any tips on Nair locking properly? I read the AT thread and practiced it for a little while but I'm not getting it at all. Does this AT work on the whole cast? And are there any characters that are particularly easy to get the nair lock on?
I alluded to and specified a few of the potential problems you may be experiencing in the AT thread, but essentially, the window in which the Nair will hit the opponent soon enough in order to lock them is very tight. Tighter than it was in Brawl I believe. Assuming your opponent is not on too high a percent (as it will only lock on low to medium percents) it all comes down to the character you're versing and the timing of each step to make the window less strict.
As I said in the AT thread, some characters are simply too thin when they are lying down such that Nair cannot hit them at all. You want to at least make sure you're not versing one of these characters (I never bothered to make a list but it could easily be done).

Now as for making the window of opportunity more accessible, there are a few things you can do, and I believe that this should get to the heart of your question now that the preliminary factors have been dealt with.
The character you're versing can certainly make it easier. It stands to reason that if you're versing someone who presents a large target vertically while lying on the ground (e.g. Bowser or ROB) then there will be less distance for you to travel while fast falling the Nair meaning you will naturally hit them sooner meaning the tech will be easier.
The higher up you footstool them, the larger the window of opportunity will be yet again. You obviously can't be too high up otherwise they will be able to act before they touch the ground, and you have to keep in mind that the opponent can drift left or right while falling which can make it difficult in the sense that you have to follow them, but when comparing a higher up footstool to a closer to the ground footstool, the opponent falls slower than Link, meaning that if they spend more time falling they will hit the ground and enter their flop state later which gives you more time to hit them with FF Nair.
In the AT thread I specifically say that you must do the Nair toward the peak of your footstool jump and then once you've reached the peak immediately after, fast fall. In smash 4 using an aerial will cancel the fast fall, so the aerial must be done first in order to get the full amount of fast fall time from the peak of the footstool jump all the way to the ground. But Nair doesn't last all that long so it must be done as late as possible to make sure the hitbox is still out by the time you reach the opponent. The order and timing must be perfect. It's possible that you are just fast falling a few frames too late or something.

It's a difficult tech, and that's just the basic form of the tech and not the extended Nair lock which incorporates one of the other difficult techs, the instant z-drop.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the meaty response, I just learned how to footstool yesterday so now I'm trying to focus on doing the SH out of the footstool and getting an appropriate height so they fall for long enough. Is there any video footage I can use as a reference?

I'll definitely practice it on a R.O.B. or someone with a large flopped over hurtbox first and then figure out who on the cast this works on. The ability to get multiple locks is super cool and its not like it's the riskiest tech either. If you mess it up you'll just get bomb drop into zair which at certain ranges will true combo into jab1,2,3

I think SH with bomb is a disgustingly good approach option in this game and being able to do jab lock swag out of it sounds like so much fun.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
We don't have a 'jab lock' though. We have a lock but it doesn't involve jab. Link's jab locked in Brawl but not in smash 4.

I'm unaware of there being any footage of the Nair lock. DF might know.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
When I say 'jab lock' I just mean weak hit on knockdown to force standard getup. I'll refer to it as a 'lock' from now on and I know jab in fact does not cause locks, which is kind of sad really. Are nair and arrow the only moves that cause locks with Link?
Edit: Just checked smash academy thread looks like its only nair and arrow. If zair worked that would make life a lot easier.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Can we talk doubles for a bit? I've played in doubles tourneys with a couple of different people and different characters, with different results. My best placing at a local tourney was third, where I teamed with a Megaman. As we know, Link isn't all that great when it comes to doubles. So my question is, is there a character that best compliments Link's playstyle when it comes to doubles?

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Ness is your best bet for a doubles partner as Link. Most of Ness' aerials have good disjoint, covering aerial options while Link covers grounded options with soft thrown bombs, angled boomerangs, arrows, and his natural disjoint with options such as f-tilt and u-tilt. U-tilt and bombs in particular are good for knocking enemies into the air for Ness to combo. During down time, Link can throw bombs at PSI Magnet, healing Ness for 8% each.

Lucas is also a viable option, although lesser so than Ness. His nair, fair and uair are good options that can be used to follow up Link's tilts and bombs, however this team setup will play more defensively than Ness and Link, using Zair to space out in neutral. During down time, Link can throw bombs at PSI magnet, healing Lucas for 12.5% each.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I've personally found that Pikachu is a good partner to have. With how well he can control space and due to how good his offstage game is. All we provide is the strength to finish off stocks, really. But since Link is usually terrible in doubles due to how well he gets sandbagged, I'm trying to stick with Lucas unless I absolutely need to go Link.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Link actually has considerable end lag on all of his moves. I'd recommend getting MU advise from the gay boards on how to play vs Link. And as for punishing rolls, if you can't time a hit on time, try going for a grab.
Thanks for the tips. Yeah links roll is hard to grab, I always seem to miss even with an attack. Hardest roll in the game for me to punish. Are you sure link has less end lag? Seems to me like he recovers very quickly compared to toonlink. And his aeriels have no lag hardly at all. He's incredibly quick compared to TL in my opinion outside of run speed.

Last edited:

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Link players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Link and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Hey Link players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Link and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!
This post should've been posted on the social thread rather than the Q&A since it's not a question. Also, it'll get more views in social than here.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
This post should've been posted on the social thread rather than the Q&A since it's not a question. Also, it'll get more views in social than here.
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. I'll go post it there in a sec.

Lotuz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lotuzz
Are there any high level Link matches that'd be good for studying? I know Scizor is kinda good, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of decent Link gameplay to watch besides that. Haven't found a lot of decent matches in the video thread either.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Are there any high level Link matches that'd be good for studying? I know Scizor is kinda good, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of decent Link gameplay to watch besides that. Haven't found a lot of decent matches in the video thread either.
We don't have any more than that. Unfortunately all our footage of Scizor save one set is of him losing which isn't ideal. KirinBlaze hasn't been as active the last few months due to work, but he's planning to get back. Here are some FG games he uploaded last week -- hopefully we'll see more of him in tournament soon. You can try Hyrule Hero.

Top Bottom