• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Supah Ninja Wave Dash

Chaco

Never Logs In
Whats the point of this thread again?
-facedesk-

The Yoshi wave dash, DR in not alone considered good enough to be a wave dash. This is what it does I'll try to describe to the freaking best of my abilities:

Alright, so you Foxtrot with Yoshi back and forth get good at Foxtrotting. Then practice DR until you can do it without even leaving the ground, insanely fast, no? But when doing the DR, you have to press two jump buttons and an attack. THen your press it again for the attck actually to activatye, DON'T do that though. Just do the cancel.

Alright so once you can do both things, put them together, initiate the Foxtrot, as soon as you see the dust, forward DR, then as soon as it cancels wuickly Foxtrot again, once the dust hits up, Forward DR.

Doing this send you forward VERY quickly, I mean you can get across FD in mere seconds.

Shök

Smash Champion
wow
nice technique!

and hurry up chaco!

im waiting to brawl you!! 9MM9 tourney)

Chaco

Never Logs In
The speed is really good, but I would let Sub do it, I tend to go good for a few and then do a skidding fair... but let me and him practice for a day or two and then we will try to gets some vids up.

And also, it's basically a better extension of the DR, and through it I've learned to control angles with DR. =D aaaaand I think we discovered two better alternatives from this:

DRD--DR Dash --SubMan originally did this...
THen the WD-- Which is super fast when you do it right...I've seriously gone insanely fast...we're talking like matching Falcon fast.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Awesome bro, so far I've done it once for a few steps online before having a sword jabbed into my head. lol

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
welp, I'm going to try to practice this more often so I can use this tech in my matches. It basically makes Yoshi the second fastest character in the game, so yeah. Pretty useful

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright DP, but this is worth it. I'm going to type out a large guid of all the things you can do with this, I needs some help though, so Sub are you free to help this weekend. We can talk it up on a chat.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Awesome...come to my clan's chat and we can Private Chat there.

xat.com/NeWSmashClan

And make sure to change your name to something I'll recognize you by.

Top Bottom