• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Supah Ninja Wave Dash

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright so Yoshi's wave dash actually has two methods!

The one Sub interpreted as mine but actually found a different one, that I believe has good approach and defensive priorities.

And then you have mine which is the fast moving, Foxtrot into Forward DR, (WITHOUT THE TILT OR SMASH) and then you keep doing so until you want to attack. You can also turn around with this. By DRing the opposite direction, you can control you turn direction by the analog stick on the cancel.

Updated, more info needed?

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I don't have the DR down by any means, so anyone who does, please test this. It has a lot of potential I think.

Good work, Chaco. You've been on a roll with these discoveries. XD

Chaco

Never Logs In
Eh, sorta...forget the usless walking in place...this might take the Yoshi sized cake.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I has blisters...the trick is to not turn around accidentally with dR, and do mantain your speed. i tested a little attacking with it....still need help with it...I'm trying to get Mmac to help out with this.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yes over and over, it takes really quick hands.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to go try this out. So basically Fox Trot to DR? And thanks for the heads up

EDIT: Okay, I just tried it out. Looks great so far

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
I'm working on it. Mmac agreed to help me record the....what are we calling this again? How about the super ninja **** explosion mega top tier wavedash? Yeah, that's fitting

anyways, expect it up later

EDIT: GROUND BREAKING NEWS! I have come up with an even more epic name. Fox Trotting Dragon. MIRITE!? Chaco, give it an epic name plz =P

Also, I'm going to have the video up today

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yay, I love the Yoshi boards. I'd also like to see a vid of this in action - sounds awesome. @_@

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for uploading it Mmac, I'll go put it on YouTube. btw, i'm ND! in that video.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or does Yoshi find a new exploit every other week?

And is it also just me, or does no one consider these exploits in tier discussions?

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Ooh, thanks for the video. And it does look very promising, even though I can't do the DR effectively at all, lol.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Why don't I see the difference between this and a normal DR?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If what I'm seeing is right, the difference is only very slight.

What I'm seeing is that the normal DR is mainly used for turning around or stopping. Even still, if you go forward, it's not very quick. This particular method of performing the DR seems to either preserve some momentum or something else that I may not be able to see.

I could be reading too deeply into this, but it's my best guess at this point.

Chaco

Never Logs In
FDR it is...wow I still can't evn believe this actually worked. I was talking with Les about our normal Yoshi convos and I suggested that fox trotting then DRing could possibly act like a wave dash and I guess I was right! And as far as further uses go I think we'll be able to find a lot within the next week, especially with a long weekend do
Ing up. And to end this because I'm pulling into school, I think I'd every Yoshi main learns to do this the tiers will greatly shift...yoshi for god tier. m

Chaco

Never Logs In
Double post sorry. But here is the difference Shiri, the normal DR is. Not usually performed that fast but you can speed your DR up by performing it quicker, which in this case meaning that you don't even leave the ground and qothe this it moved you forward at a much quicker pace and you really don't know the complete use until you've atleqst tried it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Triple post but this is worth it....in the video they were doing his WD wrong. You see you don't stop to attack unless the enemy is near you and you want to kill them. LOL But you foxtrot then do a DJC without the attack. And as soon as you cancel foxtrot again. And so on and so forth..

I've also found that when you do your cancel on the foxtrot can determine your speed of the WD. I'm still not great at this but , I'll try to send Mmac or someone a replay soon to make the real video out of.

Chaco

Never Logs In
:yoshi: If what I'm seeing is right, the difference is only very slight.

What I'm seeing is that the normal DR is mainly used for turning around or stopping. Even still, if you go forward, it's not very quick. This particular method of performing the DR seems to either preserve some momentum or something else that I may not be able to see.

I could be reading too deeply into this, but it's my best guess at this point.
Going for four...

and here is why it looked the same Shiri, it's because it was, they did it wrong. Don't gripe at them or anything, but I was in a hurry due to school. So I have posted the right way to do it again, using DJC instead of dR, since dR uses attack..I should've just said DJC. So my fault.

Also major news, the speeds very in difficulty, I can do the hardest one, but I got blisters.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
i don't think you can do it backwards, but the only reason i can see that mattering is for aerials, a grab you would want to pivot anyway and for a smash direction wont matter after, right?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Ahhhh, I see, I see.

I'll try this out some when I get a chance.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
aw, I did it wrong? Oh well, still looks awesome =P

And awesome name lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
i don't think you can do it backwards, but the only reason i can see that mattering is for aerials, a grab you would want to pivot anyway and for a smash direction wont matter after, right?
Well actually you can turn around and I have with it. All you do is turn with a DR and don't do the attack portion of the DR, them you continue on with the method.

bigman40

Smash Master
Okay, now you confuse me...You say that the DR is involved, but when you explain it, you say we need to use the DJC, which only works with B-moves. Also, according to what I'm understanding from it, if I decide to foxtrot, then DR, wouldn't that just give me a tad more movement? I'm not seeing how it's a wavedash when it has to include the DR, which I believe we essientially said that it was the wavedash.

Chaco

Never Logs In
THank you, Fingerpass. THat;s what I'm trying to say...Foxtrot into Forward DR, but don't attack. Jiust cancel. THat's the just of it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
First page updated, I;ve added stuff about sub's trip up that might be useful. XD And a retyped explanation of the original.

Top Bottom