• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's OoS Game (lolwut?)

Metatitan

Smash Master
Well at bigfoot's smashfest i was getting my *** handed to me in some friendlies by junkinthetrunk when he told me to start using OoS options (even though a second later he admitted he wasnt quite sure if yoshi had any). So i started doing OoS options and did a lot better :bee: (he could still **** me anytime tho xD). I could actually block marth's f smash and throw my own f smash back, and shielding his b side and spotdodging at the last hits proved very effective. I'd really like bwett to contribute to this thread since ive heard hes the only yoshi with a true OoS game.

Metatitan

Smash Master
yep, what bwett mentioned awhile ago that i just started trying yesterday was to shield the beginning of the attack and spotdodge the rest (since yoshi has a fantastic spotdodge). the result should be something close to OoS if you perfect it

auroreon

Smash Ace
Yoshi has no true OoS options, but with good timing and using of the spotdodge the shield can become far more viable.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
^^

Ummm yea that's the entire point of this thread. Shield then spotdodge. Glad you got it though.

Metatitan

Smash Master
the point of this thread is to see which characters its most viable with, and eventually which attacks specifically its most viable with

Depster

Smash Champion
Lots of good advice in just a couple days I've gotten... I can see myself doing better in the next week or two

bobson

Smash Lord
I saw this thread on the front page and thought, "Yoshi's OoS game? What, spotdodge?"

Funnily enough, that's exactly what it was.

Bwett

Smash Ace
You have the basic info down. It's just a simple strategy for multi-hit moves that tends to work better than just dropping the shield for me. I'm not sure by frame data which would be faster though. I just got hacks to do frame data and I plan on testing some things for Yoshi, including OoS options. Also, shield grab is viable in certain situations, like when G&W uses bair or Marth uses DB.

bigman40

Smash Master
You have the basic info down. It's just a simple strategy for multi-hit moves that tends to work better than just dropping the shield for me. I'm not sure by frame data which would be faster though. I just got hacks to do frame data and I plan on testing some things for Yoshi, including OoS options. Also, shield grab is viable in certain situations, like when G&W uses bair or Marth uses DB.
You have the basic frame data in Chaco's big thread (he posted my chart there). So you wouldn't need to get the boring stuff xD

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Lol, Melee Yoshi OOS game was roll around until they left you alone and then pop out. Nothing's changed.
You can drop your shield to an attack like 10 times faster now though, so him not being able to attack OoS IMO is less of a detriment than it used to be. Unless I'm wrong and for some unfair reason Yoshi's shield drop is way slower than everyone elses... ;P

D

Deleted member

...yea its slower....
:(

*cuts self*
Yoshi doesnt need OOS options, hes too good already :p

bigman40

Smash Master
You can drop your shield to an attack like 10 times faster now though, so him not being able to attack OoS IMO is less of a detriment than it used to be. Unless I'm wrong and for some unfair reason Yoshi's shield drop is way slower than everyone elses... ;P
It's faster drop time than it was in melee, but it's about proportional to the speed time melee's shield did. If we had the guard where coming out of your egg wouldn't get you hit in brawl, then it'd better better than what it is now.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Hopefully I can get my Wii working again tommorow if the motherboard I ordered arrives, then I have a couple of tournaments Im going to over the next week or two, so I'll be working on my guide to Yoshis defensive options.
If anyone has any useful information about Yoshis shield spot dodge or defensive stratergies in general, would be useful if you PMed me, don't worry, I'll give credit =P.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
So far no one has been punishing me very much for simply dropping my shield and jabbing out of it. Everyone expects Yoshi not to be able to do anything out of shield, that when I drop my shield and jab it almost always connects. Maybe it's matchup inexperience but at least it gets them thinking twice about just waiting for Yoshi to roll or side dodge.

Top Bottom