• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi vs. ______

Erusmors

Smash Apprentice
A good Shiek would be too fluid to hit with eggs, and the lag after throwing the egg would give the Shiek ample time to grab/hit you. If you're talking ledge canceled eggs, then you only have to go slightly above the edge before Shiek can hit you with a round of needles, cancelling your egg throw and leaving you without a second jump as you plummet to your death.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Erusmors
A good Shiek would be too fluid to hit with eggs, and the lag after throwing the egg would give the Shiek ample time to grab/hit you. If you're talking ledge canceled eggs, then you only have to go slightly above the edge before Shiek can hit you with a round of needles, cancelling your egg throw and leaving you without a second jump as you plummet to your death.
Im only goin to ledge cancle if im on the edge other than that im be on the edge above the ledge. I dont need to hit sheik with with the egg. I just need her to have to move. givien me enough time to attack. im goin to stick to a defensive attack plan. since sheik is so straight foward and agresive. All i do is just hold threw the storm of attacks. short attacks then bring out the bigger moves to finish the job.

Erusmors

Smash Apprentice
You realize that the time it takes a Shiek to dodge your egg and charge at you is significantly less than the lag you have after you throw an egg, right? You'd end up being a sitting duck, and a good Shiek won't even need to think about dodging your egg, he'll just do it instinctively, and you'll soon find yourself eating a dsmash.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
im not goin to charge. And im not goin to use the eggs all the time. its been workin so far. If u have any suggestions for Yoshi i would love to hear them. Im not stupid i know sheik is faster and more agile than me. But she cant bench more than me. thats what made me when so many times before. An if they change to zelda then i can just have fun and go on a more all out attack. AN just be weary of the air mainly her kick.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sorry offtopic..but quick question..can i play the pal version of the game if i buy it? or do i need a special tv/gamecube?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If you have an NTSC GameCube, you need FreeLoader to play the disc.

D

Deleted member

U need a pal gc. and yes that was off topic. (i think im right).

D1

Banned via Administration
This topic seems perfect enough to keep away the flood of Yoshi vs. "yadda yadda to yo' mama" threads.

Lets try to use this thread more often to keep this section looking clean.

Kthx.

D

Deleted member

What we need is an all purpose 'read this first all yoshi info here' thread, which I'll set up after exams.
Ya. Too many random Yoshi topics. Shiri's matchup thread is nice, but would this be a discussion thread, or a thread with like thousands of links?

Top Bottom