• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Theater: video thread

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
This thread will serve to gather all video footage of Smash 4 Yoshi into one place.
Feel free to contribute if you have anything you'd like added.

Yoshi's reveal:

1v1's:
AirJay

BuRnT EGGs

Denti

Doublenickels

Dr.Robotnik

DustinxD

Dyz

Eevzy

Fingerp@ss

GSM_Dren

Hound

Ja3

Jaguar360

jeck95

KenboCalrissian

Lacoot

Lukinhasss

MaZzone

ptrk83

ShadoChimera
https://youtu.be/0RkctsDUCG4 vs Wii Fit Trainer

Skull_kid

Slice~

Slush

Xeon

Yokoblue:

Yoshidora

Zudenka

2v2's:
YellowRello

Advanced techniques/Educational videos:

Combo Videos:
"2 Fast 2 Puicyan" (Zude) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPE8Rb4EdlE
"The Eastern Washington Terror" (Dr.Robotnik) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2P3cF3J0l8
"Unleash The Beast 2" (BuRnT EGGs) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQLTf6ttFms
"Yoshi combo exhibition" (Muramishi) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPP_LdL1Rk8
"Yoshi combo video" (ElevenOnze) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlqEzLL7jsA
Happy viewing!:yoshi:

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Another for San-Diego Comic-con, several times in the same vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idw0P5x5b14
At 1:42:45,
4:06:15 (two matches in a row by the same, second starting around 4:12:20; why did Yoshi's victory in the first match here not count?)
4:45:50 (green -and- yellow Yoshi)
4:53:40
5:44:40
6:20:20

After that it's just Toon Links, Luigis, and Sheiks. Oh, and Bowsers, because they totally did not dominate the tournament.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
amazing thread ! love yoshi players :4yoshi:
wish there were more threads like this

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Another for San-Diego Comic-con, several times in the same vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idw0P5x5b14
At 1:42:45,
4:06:15 (two matches in a row by the same, second starting around 4:12:20; why did Yoshi's victory in the first match here not count?)
4:45:50 (green -and- yellow Yoshi)
4:53:40
5:44:40
6:20:20

After that it's just Toon Links, Luigis, and Sheiks. Oh, and Bowsers, because they totally did not dominate the tournament.
Thanks a bunch, added to the OP :) (lol @ how late this is)

amazing thread ! love yoshi players :4yoshi:
wish there were more threads like this
Cheers :) your Peach thread is beyond impressive btw, I'll try not to steal your ideas :p

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Thanks a bunch, added to the OP :) (lol @ how late this is)

Cheers :) your Peach thread is beyond impressive btw, I'll try not to steal your ideas :p
:love: aw thanks !! that's really nice of you
see this is why i love yoshi players.
you can steal my ideas ! spread the yoshi love

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
:love: aw thanks !! that's really nice of you
see this is why i love yoshi players.
you can steal my ideas ! spread the yoshi love
Then if it's okay (and if Nikes wasn't planning on it), I can make a Yoshi thread similar to your Peach one! :) I'll credit ya for the official layout of course~

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Then if it's okay (and if Nikes wasn't planning on it), I can make a Yoshi thread similar to your Peach one! :) I'll credit ya for the official layout of course~
Well I was sorta, but my writing skills are bad so I think you'd do a much better job constructing it, so go for it if you'd like.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Bumping this, I've added some categories to the OP for the future, but there's double and even triple-ups on spoiler tags. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Scykoh

Smash Cadet
Found a couple more Yoshi matches on YouTube. They're both over fairly quickly, but there's a few interesting moments.

Yoshi vs Kirby
Yoshi vs Little Mac

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Found a couple more Yoshi matches on YouTube. They're both over fairly quickly, but there's a few interesting moments.

Yoshi vs Kirby
Yoshi vs Little Mac
RIP my eardrums ;-; Added to the OP, thanks a bunch for these as well, a few things occurred to me in watching these;
-We can't seem to drag anyone down to gimp them with Dair since it pops them up. Was hoping the pop-up would only happen to grounded opponents...might be able to use it for unique stage spiking though
-Fair seems easy and solid to hit with
-Dthrow to Uair is definitely in

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Can't wait for this thread to pick up steam! It's about time we started getting some yoshi footage. I'll do my best to contribute once smash is released in the states.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Here's a Yoshi that at the time even ZeRo thought was good.

Honestly now that I think about it Yoshi has a lot going for him doesn't he? Strong smashes, good aerials, clearly a few combo's at least, fast mobility, heavy as hell, a good projectile, and now a out of shield game? ****, could yoshi be actually really good this time around?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The Yoshi he got dunked against was Zudenka and I believe Nikes already added that video.
Or at least I recall it being posted in the social.

Didn't realize till now, but Zero was making excuses for getting beaten and even says stuff like "If I played a better character he'd be losing." lol

Last edited:

thelastreplicant

Smash Cadet
NNID
thelastreplicant
3DS FC
3480-2884-6458
Damn Zero got rekt. That Yoshi player was really good!

Yoshi is looking strong so far in Smash 4. It's about time he got his due in terms of buffs.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I don't think this thread could possibly have had a better name.

yiggs

Smash Rookie
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24533567

Don't think this one has been posted
It's Peach vs Yoshi

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Can't watch it.
But I assumed that anyways since that nico site isn't that reliable even though most japanese people upload from there.

yiggs

Smash Rookie
Can't watch it.
But I assumed that anyways since that nico site isn't that reliable even though most japanese people upload from there.
Hmm.. i think you need to sign up! Should do it :p the yoshi player is pretty good!

+EDIT+ Uploaded to youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=2-PSzY_Q_UM

sorry, don't have 10 posts yet

Last edited:

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
I wish we could have some comprehensive guides on combos and what-not we can look for with Yoshi. I wanna know where to look when I get this thing.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well the game has only been out for like 2 or 3 weeks in Japan and hasn't been released yet in the US until 2 days from now. So give us a month or so before any guides are made lol

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I've made a a Yoshi guide that will be filled with things like combos and such when the game comes out for everyone, your best bet would be to check back there or to keep an eye out for more vids.

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
Some of denti's matches before he made the switch to sheik are a pretty decent start at knowing little bits about how Yoshi can utilize parts of his moveset. You could give those a shot other than that, we'll need to het the game first before we can fully understand how to play Yoshi first hand.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I dunno about Denti.
I honestly think the current best matches to look at is the Sonic vs Yoshi one anything Raptor for now cause he's the only brawl Yoshi vet that has a hold of the Japanese game and playing at the incredibly active NY/NJ area so he'll have like 4 or 5 Smash4 tournaments/smashfests a week, and any Zude matches which kudemo is kind enough to provide us these past few years for us to keep up with his crazy Yoshi.

Edit: Nikes you should put the name of the person and character so we can know who we're watching. Or at least the person who's playing Yoshi.

Last edited:

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
I've already learned a decent amount about Yoshi based on Zudenka's play alone. He is so good. Haven't seen the Raptor vids yet. I'll need to check those out.

Top Bottom