• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Super Jump Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
This will probably be patched, but I hope it isn't by the time the US gets it so I can at least try it out

Tristan_win

Not dead.
For whatever reason it looks like you can also do a little teleport forward away from the ledge too

edit: I don't think so...... If you did then I'm sorry please ignore this post.

Last edited:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Don't say such a thing as banning the lean mean green machine. I NEED Yoshi to be viable in smash. :'(
I know, right? That cute little green guy is my ACE! I seriously hope and pray that doesn't happen...

Last edited:

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
Yeah saw it about 20 minutes after I posted. On another note these bugs on up b are getting rediculous.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is very broken. On the other hand, You can use this to take some pretty enlarged screenshots of characters. Mine is going to be of ROBs off switch.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
You can create spawn locations to teleport to these. And you can postpone the teleport itself after landing and proc it on demand.

Gonna post a vid+tutorial later.

Last edited:

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Accidentally did this online somehow... its messed in free for all would hate to be "that guy" in 1v1.

Really hope they patch this and Yoshi doesn't get banned from tournaments or something.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Online doing what? A 1v1 or a FFA?

If you don't explain what's happening, we can't figure out why it's happening lol.

Besides, his egg lay has had size changing effects in all smash games except 64. Unless it's do-able in 1v1s or teams, it shouldn't be a problem.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Free for all think it was the egg roll it makes his model bigger you do it too fast or maybe jump with it. There was also some lag in that match and I got my Final Smash at one point, so those may factor in as well.

I didn't do the egg lay glitch misread topic lol

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Ok LOL that was too much. Well ok so when yoshi ledge jumps he does a somersault. As long as you start doing a non down b special move before he does the whole flip animation and continue to buffer them before touching the ground the game will hold onto your ledge teleport.
The only part you actually need the eggtoss for is to trigger the teleport itself.

Like idk how useful this will be but its at least really flexible and the timing is dumb easy. Also if you do your first teleport from a platform, you auto snap the ledge and an eggtoss will never actually come out. If you're gonna do that though, dont hold down because you'll instantly hit the bottom blast zone lol

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
In this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTy30AKL3gg#t=11s), at about 11 seconds, Zudenka does some interesting things.
  1. He double jumps right... facing right.
  2. Then he starts drfting left.
  3. As he drifts left, he does a tap left, tap b, to face left and do a neutral b
  4. But then, he starts moving right again.
Does anyone know how he's doing action#4? I've never seen anything like that.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
It's a technique known as B reversing, while moving through the air press B and flick the circle pad in the opposite direction immediately.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
The up-b slide I'm talking about is this: https://vine.co/v/OKYhV9XUthj

The Inputs are as follows:
Dash, input opposite direction, A, grab, up b

The key to this technique is in the Dash->turn around A -> grab.
You know how in this game, if you dash, and turn around a, you will do a tilt instantly? With the input above, you have to cancel the tilt with a grab. Right after the grab ends, you can up-b and you will slide. Until you get the hang of it, you can just spam Up-B.

This is easier if you map X to grab, so that the tilt canceling is easier.

minor, but the Japanese are calling it Shell Canceling (殻キャンセル), although it doesn't really cancel egg in any way.

source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/wcproject/archives/1010949250.html

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
For whatever reason it looks like you can also do a little teleport forward away from the ledge too

edit: I don't think so...... If you did then I'm sorry please ignore this post.
Not just a little bit.

oh no

See, it spawns you DIRECTLY in front of the opponent. With an egg to their face. At least that's what's happened in the past 5 times I've tried it.

Talk about approach.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It's simplistic. You gotta do your jump from the ledge, and at a certain point, keep spamming up-B

You'll get the timing eventually.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Yeah, I'm assuming it's just me failing at it. Unless it's something like you need tap jump to be off when you do it. (And yes, I know most Yoshi users play with it off, but it's not how I personally prefer to play.)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well, tap jump isn't really the issue. You can double jump, and as long as you start egging at the right time, and keep egging, you should be fine.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Yeah, I'm assuming it's just me failing at it. Unless it's something like you need tap jump to be off when you do it. (And yes, I know most Yoshi users play with it off, but it's not how I personally prefer to play.)
Even if you prefer using tap jump, maybe just try doing it without first just to see if that's the problem. (Which I suspect it is unfortunately, unless your jumps aren't being canceled out that is-it's all just a matter of timing anyhow) There ought to be a way to it with it on but it's probably just harder. (But not impossible :) )
You can just turn it back on again right afterwards, hope it goes well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom