• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Super Jump Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
I just saw this on Reddit. Supposedly you need a custom up-special move to be able to do it.

It's some kind of third jump where you don't throw an egg. Don't think I'm gonna touch that one though, personally.

Apparently you just jump, do a Yoshi Bomb and then use the custom up-special and it launches you skyward.

Scatz

Smash Champion
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR! TO INFINITY, AND BEYOND!!!

YOSHI LIGHTYEAR!!! TO INFINITY, AND MELONS!!!

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
LOL., interesting.

"It's A Bird... It's A Plane... It's Yoshi!"

Last edited:

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
I saw this on Reddit. There was no explanation for what's going on, or how it's happening but it certainly looks pretty useful as long as it doesn't use custom moves. I have to wonder what kind of patches this game is going to get though.

Now there's something to try to figure out once the game releases at least.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Nothing found.

Edit: Is this the Yoshi upB thing? I noticed I got tweeted a video where Yoshi upBs into the stage and instantly speeds off the stage.

Last edited:

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
Nothing found.

Edit: Is this the Yoshi upB thing? I noticed I got tweeted a video where Yoshi upBs into the stage and instantly speeds off the stage.
Yeah, that's it. It happens twice in the video, but I'm not able to tell what's causing it. Unless it's just caused by throwing 2 eggs in the air, then throwing one on the ground.

Shog

Smash Ace
Omg, someone, try this out in Smash Run please and record the map. I would love to see how it looks like

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Useful isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I see that. Anyways the way it works is you have to do a ledge hop and just eggtoss again when you're on the ground and you use the momentum to slide off fast.

here a gif tho

Last edited:

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
Definitely not on the useful side. I'm just glad I saw this, so if it happens I won't be suprised and SD. Hopefully they patch ot up honestly.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Useful isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I see that. Anyways the way it works is you have to do a ledge hop and just eggtoss again when you're on the ground and you use the momentum to slide off fast.

here a gif tho
Funny how this gif looks like my stream lol. I know how it works.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
This could actually be useful. In doubles you could use this to stall until your partner respawns. Of course it could also be used in singles to time people out. It might get banned because of that.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
If they don't patch this I foresee this being something they ban in tournaments, so it instead just becomes a silly little trick you can do on friends. This is amazing.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Custom moves are probably banned in tournaments anyways because of time constraints and the fact not every 3ds/Wii U will have every single custom move for every character.

Shog

Smash Ace
Custom moves are probably banned in tournaments anyways because of time constraints and the fact not every 3ds/Wii U will have every single custom move for every character.
So let us ban every unlockable stage and character because not every 3ds/Wii U will have every one! :facepalm:

And what time constraints? You can literally set cmoves up in a short period of time(like less than 30 secs). Look up the facts before spewing random nonsense...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not random nonsense really. But there will be stages banned and if there's someone gay enough people will hopefully be smart enough to ban the character instead of allow him to run around free for 4 years before finally banning him for like 6 months because of a silly URC group that didn't work out very well.

Besides even in 2014 there was still wiis that somehow didn't have everyone unlocked, so people just threw that wii to the side with risk of whoever owns it having it stolen from them lol.

It's more of people spending 2 to 3 minutes to pick certain moves against certain people and their characters (note both people) when the match could be played already since tournaments are more likely to do 3 stock matches instead of Sakurai's glory mode. So it just wastes a good portion of time when the most important thing is finishing tournaments as quickly as possible
No matter who wins, both of the players will want to go back to the custom moves and switch it around most likely, then there's the counterpicking stages and so on. All that alone between two people would infact take 2 or so minutes depending how slow or fast they are.

Man again I have to link Houston thread talk, http://smashboards.com/threads/hous...-free-venue-food.344694/page-36#post-17577668

Scatz

Smash Champion
Ninjalink got every single custom move in just over a week (playing off and on), and he released a video showing the easy way to get custom moves quickly.

Realistically, it could be done in less than a week with that method.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've seen the video and it's good to know that was found, but there's still some people who won't be doing that for, say 6 hours straight and get them all in 3 days. Not sure if classic mode is the same or even getting custom moves is the same for Wii U but one can only sit and wait till videos of that stuff is shown.

Also because I do not, nor will I ever, own the 3DS version I have no idea if the custom moves you get in classic mode are possibly copies of what you already have and if it's still just a shot in the dark by hoping it's a new one and not something you collected 6 times already.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Not random nonsense really. But there will be stages banned and if there's someone gay enough people will hopefully be smart enough to ban the character instead of allow him to run around free for 4 years before finally banning him for like 6 months because of a silly URC group that didn't work out very well.

Besides even in 2014 there was still wiis that somehow didn't have everyone unlocked, so people just threw that wii to the side with risk of whoever owns it having it stolen from them lol.

It's more of people spending 2 to 3 minutes to pick certain moves against certain people and their characters (note both people) when the match could be played already since tournaments are more likely to do 3 stock matches instead of Sakurai's glory mode. So it just wastes a good portion of time when the most important thing is finishing tournaments as quickly as possible
No matter who wins, both of the players will want to go back to the custom moves and switch it around most likely, then there's the counterpicking stages and so on. All that alone between two people would infact take 2 or so minutes depending how slow or fast they are.

Man again I have to link Houston thread talk, http://smashboards.com/threads/hous...-free-venue-food.344694/page-36#post-17577668
It most likely will be banned right off the bat for some, but other experimental side tournaments may test the waters and see if it's worth it. Also why not say 'broken' instead of 'gay?'

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah tournaments will prolly test custom moves but ultimately ban them cause some of them are either lack luster and actually hinder the character more, hit too hard and shouldn't be allowed in tournaments. Or some that're regular in both damage and helping the character and such but it's bugged in some way.

Also because broken isn't the first word that comes to mind, I think Die Satan etc. does but ****** gay please be removed from brawl is prolly 5th or 6th when it turns into insults the character deserves. Why does it offend you or something?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This is just my speculations but this could be used as a good ledge guard by jumping from the ledge, reverse up B egg toss to force them to the ledge and then to teleport back, throwing another egg to stop your momentum and force a edgehog. The timing could take a bit to get use to but the fact you can cancel the teleport by not continuing the egg throw means this is not only a good tactic but is fairly flexible.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah tournaments will prolly test custom moves but ultimately ban them cause some of them are either lack luster and actually hinder the character more, hit too hard and shouldn't be allowed in tournaments. Or some that're regular in both damage and helping the character and such but it's bugged in some way.

Also because broken isn't the first word that comes to mind, I think Die Satan etc. does but ****** gay please be removed from brawl is prolly 5th or 6th when it turns into insults the character deserves. Why does it offend you or something?
I could see it helping some characters that fall into the lower tiers, but some might become to overboard/might not be worth it. The community might star gravitating to the determined 'best' mix of custom moves for a character, but with so many variables there is also a lot of opportunities and organizational issues.

And yes, such language can be seen as offensive to some when you use an identity as a negative insult or slur.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Are you some SJW from tumblr or something?
I hate to be that guy, but if you can't even take the word "gay" being typed, you prolly shouldn't go to tournaments. Cause you'll be hearing words like those all day even tho they don't mean any harm and it's all in good fun.

Meta Knight is homosexual and the red being that shall remain in the bottom of the earth.

lol

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
This reminds me of Link's boomering super jump glitch back in Melee. Obviously the execution is different, but the results of being catapulted to the top of the screen and staying there for awhile is very similar.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
All of Yoshi's specials have been pretty glitchy the past 3 games. Hell the downsizing and growing of characters glitch alone from his egglay has been in since Melee lol

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
Don't say such a thing as banning the lean mean green machine. I NEED Yoshi to be viable in smash. :'(

Last edited:

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
http://kotaku.com/latest-smash-bros-glitch-is-the-biggest-bug-yet-lit-1640219863/all

Smash Bros. released with a handful of bugs. Personally, I don't think they're bad. They're features. Funny features! (Well, unless they get annoying and screw up gameplay.) The latest bug, it seems, is turning Yoshi into Giant Yoshi. Or better yet, GODZILLA YOSHI.

As seen on Twitter and YouTube (viaOtaku News), the bug seems to pop up during a mode in which players take on a handful of CPU enemies. If you play as Yoshi and keep laying eggs, it makes enemies bigger and bigger, until your opponent takes up a huge chunk of the screen and then pretty much smushes you.

This is extremely similar to the Puff Up Glitch from Brawl.

It's strange that Yoshi's eggs have this bizarre growth property...

Last edited:

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
It's fairly simple to identify what is causing the glitch. The fighter character that is supposed to spawn has a variety of coding routines to go through before finally appearing on-screen, depending on the order of which it spawns, random factors that determine what fighter it is (Brawler, Swordsman, and Gunner are weighted, obviously), what strength of AI to give it, and what special properties to grant to the fighter, including, of course, growing in size.

What appears to be happening is that when Yoshi's Egg Lay temporarily "de-spawns" them to turn them into an egg, the programming that tells the game to make the character bigger activates again once the egg comes out, instead of remaining inactive. Thus, we get the glitch in question.

Or, you know, it could be something else. I'm pulling all of this out of thin air since I only have a fleeting knowledge of coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom