• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Im kinda new here. I noticed some of the newer mods where actually pretty mean. I saw one getting really angry for some guy double posting something about warios bike i think lol

Delta is just too nice though haha

Edit: Still does his job of course though

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
There's no need to be as strict/mean with a slow-moving board. I don't see a purpose in scaring off newbies with double post/spam infractions without at least trying to raise them into better posters/community members. It worked with you, didn't it?

Also, well done with the flattery. It'll get you everywhere.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Why isn't sinister slush a mod anyways. Hes active, has good grammar, does alot of work on the boards, and of course seems pretty organized.

Not complaining but more mods=more power:denzel:

Edit:when I first came here I thought he was a mod anyways lol

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Is it just me, or is the most adorable sound in the game the one that Yoshi makes when you successfully tech with him? He makes this little squeak as he jumps back up and that sound might honestly have made me better at teching

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've asked before, the answer was basically Admins are strange. Only way for more mods is if they retired for the board only and decide to give the duty to someone else.
Similar to Yink giving it to some people for Ness/Yoshi back in the day.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Petition?
Why. Just wait till delta gets bored of snoreboreds then he can recommend whoever he thinks is activeish enough to monitor the boards.

He was barely on the boards then once he got the offer he was technically forced to be more active.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Omni doesn't go on here. Its no harm to ask him if he would give up his mod for you.

Also I was kidding about the petition.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I wasn't an active poster, but I certainly was a consistent lurker. I actually read everything that happened here prior to modship, now I just post more often too.

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Howdy! I'm a Fox main who often trains with Michigan's best resident yoshi, @ Regralht Regralht . I'm possibly thinking of picking up this character myself due to enjoying Fox's kill power but NOT how early he dies. From my own training against Reg, who places very well in our state when he's on his practice grind, regularly beating PR, I've kinda learned how the character works, plus I feel some of his options are close enough to things fox does that they work for me. Just thought I'd introduce myself if you guys see me talking in the threads! I was around a little way back in the early pre-patch diddy days, but I didn't stick around. Thought I'd give the ol' dinosaur another spin.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I don't even remember how I discovered Yoshi in this game. I never liked him in Melee (like Roy) or Brawl (like Ness) or Balanced Brawl. (like Ganon) He wasn't the hype character from the 3DS launch (Mac, Bowser) nor was he the ultimate Top Tier (Diddy, Mii Brawler) or even the recipient of a few major buffs. (Charizard) This is bothering me. I adore ol' Light Blue to death but I can't remember what brought us together...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
As a personal friend, it's Re-gralt
We're saved!

I don't even remember how I discovered Yoshi in this game. I never liked him in Melee (like Roy) or Brawl (like Ness) or Balanced Brawl. (like Ganon) He wasn't the hype character from the 3DS launch (Mac, Bowser) nor was he the ultimate Top Tier (Diddy, Mii Brawler) or even the recipient of a few major buffs. (Charizard) This is bothering me. I adore ol' Light Blue to death but I can't remember what brought us together...
You could hear his cute little tech noises calling you in your dreams. This is what brought you together.

Regralht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regralht
Yup it's Re-gralt

What's everyone's favorite omega stage? Omega mario galaxy is godlike because of the music + characters can't wall jump there :p

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Omega SMW, Woolly World, Mario Galaxy, and Guar Plains, nothing can top these. (There might be others amazing ones I missed idk)

D

Deleted member 189823

In an attempt to polish the dust of the olde', and at an attempt at regaining the confidence (MY FAITH) on my Yoshi, I went my first full-Yoshi tournament. Didn't do horrible, but not as well as going all-Bowser (made 4th and 7th twice out of 64-72). I wanted to stop relying so much on having the power to KO really early, it made me feel really secure. However, Yoshi's not doing so bad himself. What Bowser can't do, Yoshi can (more often than not).

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm also gonna throw in my support for omega Gaur Plains. I had forgotten about that stage's music as a result of my lack of play recently.

I actually use Gaur Plains music to do my schoolwork to. Been hoping to get a copy of the game and play through it eventually.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I'm also gonna throw in my support for omega Gaur Plains. I had forgotten about that stage's music as a result of my lack of play recently.

I actually use Gaur Plains music to do my schoolwork to. Been hoping to get a copy of the game and play through it eventually.
Everyone loves this stage and it's music <3
You know you can get it on the eshop right?

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
It would seem weird for the US eshop to not have it when the EU shop does especially just being a digital title, but I don't really know much about it either. At least I hope it's available everywhere?

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Omega kirby stages for kirby songs and for great cave for crystals. Mario galaxy.

Also don't forget that DK rap, Stickerbrush Symphony, and Battle for Storm Hill on omega Jungle :dkmelee:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It would seem weird for the US eshop to not have it when the EU shop does especially just being a digital title, but I don't really know much about it either. At least I hope it's available everywhere?
According to all the internet searches I've done, it's not in US shop yet. =(

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Yikes, just wow :( It's like, Nintendo seems to like to delay half their games and other products for one half of the world's English speakers for some reason, while the other has to wait for several months later with no real reason all the time. (Ok there's bound to be a reason but I don't think it's likely to be a justifiable one)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've seen some speculation that it won't be released here for a while because of the 3DS version. And then Chronicles X will be out soonish, possibly also delaying it further.

My tears are strong. I just wanna feel it. On the upside I've been playing Star Ocean and Xillia lately to get my RPG fix in, but I could use some Shulk time too. ;_;

I think EU gets the worse deal most of the time, so I can't reallllllllly complain though.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've seen some speculation that it won't be released here for a while because of the 3DS version. And then Chronicles X will be out soonish, possibly also delaying it further.

My tears are strong. I just wanna feel it. On the upside I've been playing Star Ocean and Xillia lately to get my RPG fix in, but I could use some Shulk time too. ;_;

I think EU gets the worse deal most of the time, so I can't reallllllllly complain though.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
This is true, I mean people petitioned for Flipnote 3D for ages and it eventually came to the US, but EU still doesn't have any sign or indication of a release. Side story: I once won a download code for it from some Clash Tournaments thing on Facebook, but as expected the code didn't work for my system. Sadface. (I had to try)

But in regards to Xenoblade, I'm positive they'll get to it soon once the 3DS version's seen sufficient sales, my eshop offers a discount for X for when it releases if you get the original Chronicles game on there, so I can see that hopefully happening over on your guys end.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
We did get smash wiiu first. So where like 21 days ahead of them and thats why we win. Not sure when smash came out everywhere else but japan.

D

Deleted member 189823

Can somebody tell me, how is it that there are SO MANY wacky/cool things and combos pretty much everyone and their mother are doing? Like, this kind of stuff was super rare in the Brawl days, so how come we see it a ton on Youtube and gif thingies?

Top Bottom