• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Im pretty sure I did that in version 1.10. Ill test it out

T

Trick or Treat

I think Yoshster is also acceptable.

Yosh-ster. Fits the sounds the original was looking for. =P
I shall be a yoshster then! :D
Sounds and looks better than my idea.

I'm allowed to be one because of all my 7 characters I have only really been using my main Jigglypuff and Yoshi lately. A little Peach but not as much as Yoshi.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Yeah my friend degerix always called yoshi yoshster haha. Its a pretty cool name tbh.

You guys should check out the air release thread I made. It has alot of potential stuff right now.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Forgot to post earlier, but I entered the PAX tournament in Smash 4 singles and doubles with my friend's younger brother and managed to get one game away from moving on to the next day (I think top 64) in both! I'm pretty happy considering how little I've been playing recently, I even got to play GimR (and actually got eliminated from singles by him) which was a stressful but fun experience. Doubles was especially a blast, we ran Yoshi and Roy and made it pretty far despite having no practice, plus the players were super chill so it was a fun time. Smash 4 was honestly starting to lose its appeal to me before, but I'm feeling a lot more excited about smash in general after finally trying out a tournament!

Sorry for the block of text, just remembered about it and needed to get it off my chest somehow. :p

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Forgot to post earlier, but I entered the PAX tournament in Smash 4 singles and doubles with my friend's younger brother and managed to get one game away from moving on to the next day (I think top 64) in both! I'm pretty happy considering how little I've been playing recently, I even got to play GimR (and actually got eliminated from singles by him) which was a stressful but fun experience. Doubles was especially a blast, we ran Yoshi and Roy and made it pretty far despite having no practice, plus the players were super chill so it was a fun time. Smash 4 was honestly starting to lose its appeal to me before, but I'm feeling a lot more excited about smash in general after finally trying out a tournament!

Sorry for the block of text, just remembered about it and needed to get it off my chest somehow. :p
Excellent! Glad you had a good time! Out of curiosity, why did you team with your friend's brother instead of your friend? =P

So I was cooking today, and oil burned three of my fingers. At ~7:45pm.

I wasn't able to remove them from cool water without severe pain until about 2:30am. Now they may exist unchained by a bowl of water, but they're still so tender. And pruney.

Burns guys. Don't get burned. It sucks.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Delta-cod post: 20082497 said:
Excellent! Glad you had a good time! Out of curiosity, why did you team with your friend's brother instead of your friend? =P

I wasn't able to remove them from cool water without severe pain until about 2:30am. Now they may exist unchained by a bowl of water, but they're still so tender. And pruney.

That gives me an Idea :^)

Ive been wanting to take a break from smash but I keep coming back to soon. The only way for that to happen is for me to burn my hands haha.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Nah dude. Just pick up Splatoon. Worked for me.
I have splatoon. I couldn't get into it :(.

My last hope right now is monster hunter 4 ultimate. If that doesn't work ill have to get out the pot(not really).

Edit: by pot I mean like for boiling water lmao

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon are both great but using the gamepad for long amounts of time really hurts the hands x_x

In other news, new Yoshi players joining my scene on Friday that I'm to train up, I've trained a fair few people in our scene but because Yoshi stuff is so natural to us it's gonna be weird to try and teach/critique another Yoshi other than "don't use x move" and matchup stuff. :p

Also,
I've gotten myself into a money match with Ghost (our scene's currently top ranked player) who's been winning all our tournaments for the past ages, and I'm running a tournament on the same day. Let's see if this dark horse can finally come out on top again! (Being Yoshi mains, I really hope someone got the dark horse reference)

Ouch. How exactly did it happen?

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, why did you team with your friend's brother instead of your friend? =P
Haha, it was just because his brother was going to PAX alone and my friend asked if I could go with him and make sure he didn't die or anything. It worked out pretty well, turns out we share a lot of the same interests. Also, I feel ya with the burn. I've had my fair share and they are not fun, hope you feel better :'(

Y

YoshiStar5000

Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon are both great but using the gamepad for long amounts of time really hurts the hands x_x

In other news, new Yoshi players joining my scene on Friday that I'm to train up, I've trained a fair few people in our scene but because Yoshi stuff is so natural to us it's gonna be weird to try and teach/critique another Yoshi other than "don't use x move" and matchup stuff. :p
Also, I've gotten myself into a money match with Ghost (our scene's currently top ranked player) who's been winning all our tournaments for the past ages, and I'm running a tournament on the same day. Let's see if this dark horse can finally come out on top again! (Being Yoshi mains, I really hope someone got the dark horse reference)

Ouch. How exactly did it happen?
Tournaments never happen where I live :'(

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've never found the game pad uncomfortable. A bit awkward for something like Smash, but otherwise a fantastic controller. Got small hands?

Also, I've gotten myself into a money match with Ghost (our scene's currently top ranked player) who's been winning all our tournaments for the past ages, and I'm running a tournament on the same day. Let's see if this dark horse can finally come out on top again! (Being Yoshi mains, I really hope someone got the dark horse reference)
I believe in you! Raise the next generation, and assert your dominance by beating the Ghosts of your past.

. How exactly did it happen?
Sometimes you wanna fry stuff in oil. Sometimes the oil decides that today is not your day. It splattered way all over my fingers when I put something in the pan to fry it. =(

On the upside, mostly better now. Got some minor blisters now, but otherwise okay.

Quote tags are really weird on the "Ouch" -- [quo te]Ouch[/quo te][quo te][/quo te][quo te]

Where did all these extras come from?

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I used to only use the Gamepad for Smash. It never once felt off or uncomfortable to me.

But now I use the Pro Controller anyway.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
ya, the gamepad has never bothered me really. I've been playing Splatoon like 10-15 hours per day lately. :p
10-15 hours a day?! Dang. I don"t even play smash that much... but then again I do when im not bbusy

And now that I tried out the heavy gravity smooth lander thing ive been playing that none stop.

Also the gamepad is a really comfortable controller but its just tooo comfortable for me lol

Y

YoshiMcSwaggins

Guys this is Yoshistar5000. Something happened to my other account which made me a guest... :(

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
List of stages Yoshi can go under and get to the other side:
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Battlefield
  • Delfino
  • Halberd
  • Lylat
  • Alot of omegas
Just thought i would make a list lol

Guys this is Yoshistar5000. Something happened to my other account which made me a guest... :(
That sucks dude.

Y

YoshiMcSwaggins

List of stages Yoshi can go under and get to the other side:
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Battlefield
  • Delfino
  • Halberd
  • Lylat
  • Alot of omegas
Just thought i would make a list lol

That sucks dude.
M8 was that sarcasm

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I've never found the game pad uncomfortable. A bit awkward for something like Smash, but otherwise a fantastic controller. Got small hands?
They're kinda small I guess, I had the same problem with Hyrule Warriors too. I still really like the game pad and find it comfortable myself, just not sure why it happens though, but the pain is worth enduring!

I believe in you! Raise the next generation, and assert your dominance by beating the Ghosts of your past.
This is almost sig worthy in some form. :p I'll try to introduce the hatchlings to the boards, maybe we can call on old grampa scatz to read them stories of old :]

Sometimes you wanna fry stuff in oil. Sometimes the oil decides that today is not your day. It splattered way all over my fingers when I put something in the pan to fry it. =(

On the upside, mostly better now. Got some minor blisters now, but otherwise okay.
Really glad to hear it, oil rebellions are nasty. Get yourself a splatter guard, I didn't think it was all that necessary myself to use one but it's actually amazing.

That really sucks, get onto the admins about it right away. I was wondering what happened when I saw your old account listed as a guest...
Though, your new account name may just be too good to pass up anyway :p

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
@ Nikes Nikes I've considered the guard, but what I'm frying fries so fast I'd need to be constantly removing it to add more stuff. The usual oil pops are okay, I just Icarus'd while dropping more in. I'll have to work on my form. =P

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
@ Nikes Nikes I've considered the guard, but what I'm frying fries so fast I'd need to be constantly removing it to add more stuff. The usual oil pops are okay, I just Icarus'd while dropping more in. I'll have to work on my form. =P
Normally when oil comes you can perfect shield It tbh. Sometimes I like to mix it up with wave dash or perfect pivot to quickly get back to frying.:dkmelee:

Y

YoshiMcSwaggins

Ah, I've heard horror stories about this issue, but always thought it was a myth! I believe they called it "logging out" D:
Just stop. I tried to log back in and it didn't work.
Have you considered making a thread in Forum Support? Someone on the staff might be able to figure out what happened and give you your old account back.
lol sorry I'm so dumb, but how do you make a thread? I can't seem to find the option to...

EDIT: Nvm I found it
That was not sarcasm.
Ok m8

Last edited by a moderator:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Man I really want to keep up with my youtube channel.. but I can't anymore... I wanted to just make 2-4 videos a week and one tech a week but I might just uploaded a ton of videos once a month.

I was going to make a video about a tech I recently found. I call it pivot canceling(I still need to research if somebody else found it). Basically the inputs are

Dash> turn around> neutral> press the turn around direction once more>do a jab or something.

I find it pretty cool and a fast easy method of canceling your dash. It could be usefull or it could fail.

Edit: I may have put the inputs wrong. You do have to input them fast though and it shouldn't be that difficult.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Is delta the only mod here? I mean theres others but I never see them.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
According to the staff listings, I am the only dedicated mod here. The other two listed at the top of the page have other forums that they moderate. I only moderate here, so it makes some sense that you'd see me a lot more than them.

But yeah, I haven't seen the other two here either, really. I remember Omni posted once or twice kind of recently, but I've never seen Swampasaur.

But hey, not having a lot of mods active could be seen as a good thing. Means you guys are pretty well behaved. =P

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Yoshi boards is getting alot more active then it was. But still I think delta cod is the only mod we need.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I still think delta and I should've been the first mods before adding omni and swamp.
At least me from the stuff I tried doing for the boards before all 3 were added and my activity -v-

Speaking of which, because smashboards rankings keeps better track of tournament results I might stop updating the tournament results thread so there's one thread I no longer helped the community with.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I feel like the most active people should be mods... except me. My grammar sucks :p

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I mostly meant last year lol
My activity was shot cause I didn't get mod, smash 4 was becoming silly while everyone got buffs around Yoshi who still had killing problems, and I get warned for silly stuff.

Smashboards rulings are much more strict than it was years back, most likely cause we're slowly turning into esports so we need to be more "professional"
So much more lax in the old days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom