• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I can confirm that it is a windbox now! It connects better and still spikes which is awesome!

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
oh yeah, i think it did make the enemy freefall. though maybe we're thinking of dair?

in any case, i guess it DOES seem weird that sandbag gets knocked up and away while we're hitting it.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
IT brings the opponents with you up down to the side or away but it still spikes! This is actually pretty good news despite the back air spike follow ups :(. No more missed edge guards

D

Deleted member 189823

zomg, look at my Zamus!

I rarely get any replays of me uploaded, considering I lack a WiiU and only 2-3 people in our community have a capture card for it. It doesn't help that updates tend to kill my replays...):

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Pretty nice, I really liked the jab to pivot grab at :34, and your finish was really nice too.

On the subject of the latest patch, I remember we used to be able to SHAD then cancel a Bair into a grounded move like Ftilt or something, but I can't seem to get this to work anymore. :/

D

Deleted member 189823

I really need to stop trying to Grab... something I only began to understand as of late. I just find her lack of a neutral game iffy. I get a ton of stuff off of Grabs, and I only missed most of those Pivot Grabs by a milimetre...

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
zomg, look at my Zamus!

I rarely get any replays of me uploaded, considering I lack a WiiU and only 2-3 people in our community have a capture card for it. It doesn't help that updates tend to kill my replays...):
We should play somtime.

D

Deleted member 189823

I don't have a WiiU ),: I play on 3DS, most of the time...(I use CCPro for WiiU, though)

Last edited by a moderator:

ividal

Smash Cadet
Pretty nice, I really liked the jab to pivot grab at :34, and your finish was really nice too.

On the subject of the latest patch, I remember we used to be able to SHAD then cancel a Bair into a grounded move like Ftilt or something, but I can't seem to get this to work anymore. :/
you can also do it with dair nikes, with bair you have to wait a little longer after the AD, then use bair and it should autocancel, but i recommend using dair now since its the easier one

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Does anyone know if jab to light toss egg can semi frame trap

D

Deleted member 189823

Ever since I first stepped into Smash 4 (since Brawl), and actually started doing pretty well, I took a step back and decided to not pay too much attention to metagame discussion and the like. I actually used to make my homework rather dedicatedly back in the Brawl days. However, that never payed off when it came to show my prowess in tournaments. ),=

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I never really knew anything about smash boards. I played FG till i realized why the heck was I there with all the noobs.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Everyone seems to be reporting that Yoshi's unchanged. I haven't noticed anything yet myself, but I haven't exactly done any extensive testing either.
Omg your name is Nike's like the ****ing shoes.
How did I never notice that before?
My mind is ****ing blown.

Heya there yoshi's~ =w= How goes playing the wonderful green hitbox of destruction?

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Omg your name is Nike's like the ****ing shoes.
How did I never notice that before?
My mind is ****ing blown.

Heya there yoshi's~ =w= How goes playing the wonderful green hitbox of destruction?
It's funny because I reckon like, half the people I know didn't even get the reference until super recently, yet when I was playing Nakat in his stream a few months ago he understood the reference right away. :p (Also note the Nike shoes in my DP :yoshi: )

But yeah what's up Sunny! :D

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I got the reference. Are you the Nikes that host tourneys? KefkaTheMighty enters along with like aerolink?

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Nah there's another player just called Nike in the US, that's who you're probably thinking of. ( I live in Aus, good old kangaroo land that's practically out of space to everyone else in terms of accessibility :p )

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So it still exists, but in a different way. Kewl
Tournament/con still will be back later tonight but prolly so dead after the past 4 days Imma sleep.

urk

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Ive been wanting to make a video about Yoshi Bomb Under Ledge since 3DS days. I rushed it a bit but I finally did it.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Do you really need to hold towards the ledge to grab it? Aren't you good as long as you stop holding down?
Towards the edge or up. C stick supposedly works but Ive had problems with keeping analog stick neutral.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Good to know! Who should I work on tonight for that double jump thread. Diddy, Mario, CF, Yoshi or sombody else? Im going to try to do 1, 2 or 3 a day on non school days(maybe some on school days).

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Try Sheik, if she's not already done. Knowing when we can tank through those aerials might help get us some cheeky kills/reversals.
Sheiks already almost done. I just need to do some soft spots.

Edit
What do you guys think of this. I updated it and its still only about 25% done. I want it to be a top Yoshi montage but I don't think any of my editing skills are near slice's.
Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
About the Dthrow -> DJ Uair subject, I tested it a lot in a tourney some days ago against various players in both freeplay and tournament sets.

Basically, it did work against average players but started to be less and less reliable as I faced better players, they were easily escaping by getting away from Yoshi with DI.

I'm convinced this is NOT a true combo and only reliable against people that doesn't know the Yoshi MU. Feel free to disagree, but I personally don't see future for that combo sadly.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
About the Dthrow -> DJ Uair subject, I tested it a lot in a tourney some days ago against various players in both freeplay and tournament sets.

Basically, it did work against average players but started to be less and less reliable as I faced better players, they were easily escaping by getting away from Yoshi with DI.

I'm convinced this is NOT a true combo and only reliable against people that doesn't know the Yoshi MU. Feel free to disagree, but I personally don't see future for that combo sadly.
Forward throw will probably mess them up If there DI'n away. I really don't know what percents it kills with bad DI. But either way it will still set them up in a unfavorable position especially vertical recoverys.

Somthing I like to do is down throw up air till they start DI'n and air dodge then I run and charge a dash forward smash or up smash. If they up air dodge you could cover alot of options. You can follow them up or if they air dodge you can catch them with down b.

Im just glad we have throws we can follow up. Better then nothing.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Posting here too since more people subbed to this.

Thank Slice/his group for finding out more stupid silly **** with Smash 4.
Actually this has been know before. Amazing video though.

So this make me want to bring up Yoshi back air. I noticed that yoshis auto link back air could wall spike if really close. Now with the buff would this make it impossible to tech if your going backwards?

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Pretty good in some matchups with air dodge+jump.

Are you guys watching brawl? Im surprised it even hyped. Esam going ham with pika.

Edit oh my god esam is beating nairo with pikachu what the heck.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The games that are no longer relevant always get rehyped when they come back. Melee syndrome.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I played samboner(top player and top sheik on anthers) and it went pretty well. He beat me game 1. I 2 stocked him game 2 and then he beat me game 3. I told him Ill rematch him and beat him someday xD

Top Bottom