• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Now I need to know who this guy is lol I think he's full of it lol.

What do you have against Banjo Kazooie?

I place well and get decent wins consistently as of recent btw. Its not nonexistent. Although, I do feel like Yoshi has potential to do better atm. We need to step our game up
He was. I cant tell if he is salty or what because he said there was super lag and gave me a bad rating. Felt like offline till game 2 torwards the end and the lag actually helped him. He was playing sheik btw.

I plan on getting into tourneys soon but its hard to find some in Arizona. As of right now im doing the smash ladder.

Also I still cant figure out who mudkips is. Hes ranked really high and he mains yoshi.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
What do you have against Banjo Kazooie?
I'm more of a Banjo/rareware fan than I am a Yoshi fan, but i kinda just don't see Banjo ever getting into smash unless it's like 2020+ and Smash 5 after yooka laylee prolly takes off and nintendo buys playtonic/rare back from micro**** hoping for money to help wii u sales lol

Also it's nonexistent because quite literally nobody brings up your wins sadly and even if you do they usually bring back the sets next tournament or never any VODs/videos on YT for it all.
You can say you beat dabuz (which you did, just an example right now) in a close 2-1 win, but then the week after that win he beat you 3-0 solidly once he learned the MU a bit more.

What people bring up more is Mr. Doom beating shaky right now as of recent and people still referencing sky getting 49th place at APEX as if it's a big achievement.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
TBH theres not much Yoshi players in tourneys. I hardly see any on stream or in brackets besides TLOC Denti. He pretty much just air dodges 80% of the time xD

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Probably not. I only watch a tourney about once a week and it normally the big ones. My freind degerix was at 2 big tourneys and he told me theres no good yoshis there.

Besides im pretty sure denti has been using yoshi for awhile now. Like for along time. I remember watching some of his 3DS plays.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Sky also got a free ride out of round one pools cause Dabuz got DQ'd from winners so that let Sky play someone free in WF's.

Like I said we need to step our game up lol.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Im trying my best and I try to practice everyday. Really trying to push yoshi to his limits. IMO hes still top 5 or 3 but I would really like to show it.

Whats the yoshi results in japan?

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I heard about the dabuz thing but I didn't know the entire story, is that what happened?
lol
Basically, Dabuz was late so he got put into losers round one and then WF's was Sky vs some guy and he won. Sky was nice enough to just let Dabuz have the first seed due to what happened though, thus giving himself second seed. Then he got 49th (even though he kept saying 25th) which I think means last place in round 2 pools? Correct me if I'm wrong im not too sure on that one. But if that's right he basically beat no one notable

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Yoshi cant slide off the stage or platforms and throw eggs anymore apparently that was to much of a glitch for sakurai -_-

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Wait **** are you kidding me you really can't anymore LOL. I thought I was just bad because i haven't played in a while.

Not gonna lie guys im getting bored of Yoshi. My 3 favorite techs are gone why live?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The universal change is silly. It ****s yoshi pretty dang hard, I been thinking of quitting fer awhile now but now it's set in stone once August rolls by.

O well, unless next patch finally throws Yoshi a bone then I'm pretty much dunn with this game.

Need to remind myself we can't do stuff like this anymore, unable to UpB off edges severely hurts us too.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I still like the way he plays for the most part but they keep slowly getting rid of the things that made him feel so fluid in the first place. We keep losing momentum. We lost the auto cancel on bair, dr and DJC when the game came out, then we randomly lost down b edge cancels, then they killed egglay and dash attack speed, now this. Our options are getting really linear patch by patch and its super annoying.

Maybe i'll pick up pikachu more seriously lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
At this point, with how little buffs and fixes Yoshi is not getting and the games mechanics + the top tiers outside of diddy getting next to no nerfs, we're prolly better off switching to another character.
Slice is prolly gonna go to Ryu.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just did all three things in that vine using regular b reverse and wavebounces.

Up-b can be somewhat substituted by simply running off, fast falling a moment, and reverse up b.

Last edited:

swanswan

Smash Rookie
I guess this is sort of a dark day to introduce myself to these boards, huh?
I'm a Yoshi main from North Carolina. I'm not good at all and I focus mostly on competitive Pokemon, but I lurk enough that I figured it would be good to make my presence known. I do want to get better and hopefully participation here will allow me to do that.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I was answering the guy that was double posting tho
SB is acting up for me..

Anyways I knew that was patch along time ago but I misread and thought you said yoshi bomb to ledge didnt work.

Anyways no matter how hard yoshi gets patched ill still use him. I have pocket mains.

Last edited:

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
He was. I cant tell if he is salty or what because he said there was super lag and gave me a bad rating. Felt like offline till game 2 torwards the end and the lag actually helped him. He was playing sheik btw.

I plan on getting into tourneys soon but its hard to find some in Arizona. As of right now im doing the smash ladder.

Also I still cant figure out who mudkips is. Hes ranked really high and he mains yoshi.
muddykips does not have a smashboards account as far as I'm aware. I have played him once or twice.

I guess this is sort of a dark day to introduce myself to these boards, huh?
I'm a Yoshi main from North Carolina. I'm not good at all and I focus mostly on competitive Pokemon, but I lurk enough that I figured it would be good to make my presence known. I do want to get better and hopefully participation here will allow me to do that.
Welcome to the yoshi boards swanswan, wallow with us in this new universal change (*cough* nerf *cough) for yoshi.

Being unable to slide of the edges makes it even unsafer for yoshi to toss eggs :( I haven't been able to find any other changes though,

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Im going to miss edge canceling his up B...

But Yoshi is still beast dont freak out. Although this tech was amazing it defenetly wont make yoshi go anywhere down the tier list.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
O.o Calm down guys this nerf is barely anything tbh.

Slush, I'm pretty sure if you made it out of r2 pools you were put into the bracket of top 16

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Its normal. Alot of the communitys are saying there gonna change. Besides I think sliding off platforns wiyh specials was removed with alot of characters.

Also ive gotten some weird stuff connecting in training mode. 2 up air short hop...? Down throw into up air looks alot easier and it still shows up as a true combo even at high percents(no DI).

Also yoshis forward crawl looks faster. So ill compare these to 3ds

Compared to the 3ds his backcrawl looks faster but its not. Down throw into dj up air and up tilt into up air work slightly better. Testing customs atm.

Last edited:

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
No changes on Yoshi, only the remove of specials being able to SLIDE off edges in general (Sheik Needle Slide, Kirby Quickstone cancel etc.).

In the end Yoshi is Yoshi, and we love Yoshi no matter what.
Therefore: Yoshi.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Exactly. I found a way to yoshi bomb off platforms and ledges.

Also I feel extremely bad for the diddy comunity... Diddy isnt even vaible anymore... He dosnt have his hoohaa..

Last edited:

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
ok this isn't really a new find or anything, but for yoshi's who still use x for special as a leftover from brawl, consider remapping b to shield. My powershield game has never been stronger

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I dont have a problem shielding with just R. I grab with x and L is attack

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
I like to set Z as my shield. Always have a finger on it and the button action is really quick. Set X as special for ETS.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I want my c stick as tilts. I can do alot of perfect pivots and combos with it but I cant adapt to it..

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
ok this isn't really a new find or anything, but for yoshi's who still use x for special as a leftover from brawl, consider remapping b to shield. My powershield game has never been stronger
Interesting. Don't have a Wii U personally, so it's not so relevant to me, but sounds worth trying next time around. Hadn't considered changing the now-useless B-as-jump.

Last edited:
Top Bottom