• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi shoutout thread/spam thread.

D

Deleted member

Ok i changed this to shoutout thread/spam thread so post any random crap to anybody here.

@Mmac:
HOLY ****!!!! Halberd shinanigans. =D

Also, i was sad that my shiek 2 stock was 6 seconds more than 3minutes.

On a second note: I like your yoshi, you use lots of nairs which is way different than me. I cant play yoshi online cuz i cant camp, but that was pretty funny.

This probably didnt deserve its own thread but mmac is worth it.

Mmac

Smash Lord
That Laser was hacks! >_>

Yes, I do terrible against Sheik. I need help on her badly :cry:

Another note, I wasn't really doing my best today (Ask Chaco). I screwed up so many pivot grabs, and every Release to Uair attempt on Jigglypuff.

This is like the 2nd thread about me, I know these are going to get me into trouble >_>

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hehehehe...mmac got eaten on DP on the final stock against my ZSS. But then again he did beat me alot.

D

Deleted member

No johns, i cant play online at all. my jiggs woulda beasted you xD

Mmac

Smash Lord
You think you have troubles, the Ferries are closing for the Winter, so I have to rely on WiFi for the next four months!

Not like I could afford taking a Ferry anyways >_>

Sharky

Smash Master
hehehehe, right, I forgot about those =P

Mmac we should play sometime. When you get your jetpack come over to ny. It would be win =D

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I doubt a Jet Pack can get you from BC, Canada to NY. :p

I say get a Ferrari, then drive all the way.... :p

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I still have to play a LOT of you guys online...

I swear, the Yoshi board has to be the hardest character board to get a match out of.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, I can't play online until late November due to bad Wi-fi here. When I go home for the break, then I'll happily fight you (and get owned by input lag).

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
YOU LIE! YOU'RE JUST HOLDING OUT ON ME!!! *Throws a chair*

*Wario eats the chair*

...Well, that was unexpected.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Man, that thread title is SO changed. It just didn't see what it had coming, it's so changed.

Sharky

Smash Master
lol

Bumped just so I can say good luck too all the Yoshi's applying for Smash Back Room membership =D

Chaco

Never Logs In
XD Doing it for the slight fact we might get in.

BWETT SIGN UP YOU'LL GET IN!!!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I did because I help the community on here alot. And i've played tournies, just not major ones. Locals I always ****. But still, if bwett did it I think he'd get in..

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: It's not that nobody is supporting you; I think most people here want someone from this board to get in.

I think, however, that people are considering both the differences in your and Bwett's realms of knowledge and your scientific analysis versus Bwett's practical analysis. They both have their strong points. Your realm of knowledge can be accounted for mostly online. Bwett's knowledge comes from his local tournaments. Your analysis is based more on numbers and binary situations that focus mostly on the character being played. Bwett's experience covers shifting probabilities and various scenarios that focus more on the player. Both views are good to have and are necessary to have in tandem in order to properly analyze the different angles of this game.

That being said, as more and more people are forcing depth to the game and to an overall tournament playstyle, reliance on strict facts and figures becomes less important as time goes on and building up knowledge of uncertainties and how to handle unclear situations becomes more appealing, especially for debaters in the back room. As much as I think they're...anyway, let's just say I have to give them credit where credit is due and acknowledge that they don't heavily favor one type of view (empirical versus statistic) over another when it comes to discussion as a whole. An example of what I'm talking about in regards to the difference in views in the realm of a discussion can be like: Meta Knight's downsmash always does 10% (for the sake of argument--I don't have the actual figure memorized) fresh. Awesome. Now, given a situation x or a scenario y, Meta Knight will not always downsmash. The first view is static while the second is more dynamic. I could spend the next two pages talking about the intricacies of arguments like this, but you see my point.

Of course, I try to favor neither argument over the other since I have already stated that both are essential for proper analysis.

Hopefully I didn't go too far off the mark, but to get back to what I was saying, I know that the biggest fear I have for anybody with hopes to get into the back room is that they will straight up be ignored or mostly discredited while the hopeful debater is in their corner by themselves trying to debate what may or may not be a valid point. I think that since most of Bwett's views cover a more appealing form of discussion among the back room members as a whole, he is more than likely the hidden hope for some who want a particular member of the Yoshi boards to get in.

With all that said, I don't think this is a case of favoritism, but rather members hoping that someone who would be more easily received in discussion will get the nod. In the end, I'm sure everyone would be satisfied no matter who got in, to be honest. We're all quite open with each other and there's not a single person here I would say that I do not want to voice the consensus of Yoshi players in the back room.

Now, these are just my opinions. I could be totally wrong, but it's just what I've gathered from looking at how people in the back room work and how both of you present cases, arguments, and debates. I am not particularly favoring either of you for the spot (and, hey, you both might make it in!), so this is me trying to be as neutral as possible while explaining in the most honest fashion, LOL.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Bwett nominated himself for SBR!!!?

I was thinking at school if I could I'd nominate him.

It's not that we don't like you Mmac....but

Your Chuck Norris.

Bwett is ****ing bruce lee.

BRUCE LEE DAMMIT!!!!

Bwett also has more freedom of movement then you do being stuck on an island.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Mmac they are not looking for good online players they are looking for good tournament players with offline experience.

Mmac

Smash Lord
So? How does being solely being an online player reflect any of my intelligence or my support of the community? Not to mention, since when did this became a political battle between Bwett and me? Why can't you just support us both?

Top Bottom