• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi setups

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
In all seriousness though, here is one that I use often: Short Hop Bair fastfalled into a Fsmash. It works most often early in a stock where the forward smash can connect. I don't know how common it is used but I use it quite often.
wow it actually works.

I'd have to test this on a live opponent though. It does a good 26%, but the combo basically ends there. So I'm not sure if this is the best option at the start of the game. already back air to up air does roughly the same amount and you can continue to juggle your opponent afterwards.
I've been using this a lot more lately, and it does work late stock if you do it right.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I've been using this a lot more lately, and it does work late stock if you do it right.
It does work well, especially is you do cancel it into Fsmash. Like let two hits of the bair land, the first two prefferably, and then Fsmash.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
*Sees Random icon where ZSS' icon used to be*

Hopefully soon, Yoshi will be there :yoshi2:

Edit: On a side note, I am officially legal, as I turned 21 on thursday, the 22nd of Jan.

-PM-

Smash Ace
A few things I do that no one else does.

When im on a ledge sometimes (im talking like once ever 10 games) I rise with a dair and then when it hits them and wears off nair them. EIther its a kill or it sends them off the map. Actually I have a vid where they're at 10% and i dair nair jab fsmash them. For a whole like 40 some odd damage. It was cute.

Right in the middle of the action ill jab turn around wait for the roll then down-b them. if they don't roll the right way i throw an egg then.

Rising bair uair. Okay pretend you just messed up your DR and you rise with a bair. Then you uair. Its good stuff.

dtilt. I really do use dtilts a lot. lol

-PM-

Smash Ace
XD. Its never happened against me. but I should have wrote that not that many people do that lol. Instead of everyone.

Sharky

Smash Master
dair to nair is my most favoritest combo evar. It's sexy =)

Dair to Dsmash too. Especially once in a blue moon when you manage to get both hits of it in for like 50 something damage. Too good. XD

and PM, you's been away from the Yoshi boards too long. Stay around this time. =D

-PM-

Smash Ace
I would check my smashboards at 5 am. On another note thanks Yoshinator since I started playing brawl again I figured I should return here =).

Does anyone besides me hit an enemy up, like with a usmash, and then jump to make them air dodge then rise with an uair? XD

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Who is this -PM- kid? I'm pretty sure I've never heard of him before. :D

D

Deleted member

I would check my smashboards at 5 am. On another note thanks Yoshinator since I started playing brawl again I figured I should return here =).

Does anyone besides me hit an enemy up, like with a usmash, and then jump to make them air dodge then rise with an uair? XD
I sometimes do.

Btw, hi PM =)
Long time no see.

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
Welcome back -PM-
also guys remember that i told you about Mind Games with Egg roll? well heres what i do with it
i for now call it Egg Delay i added anotaitons so you can notice when i do it...
if you get horrified with the quality skip to the second match ¬_¬

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7otqEwGBpI

Top Bottom