• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yobo's Videos

kys

Smash Ace
The problem is that these new guys come on here and think they know better than us. It's their attitude. Nothing is more annoying than arrogant ignorance.

I can think of era and Tom Bombadil, two dudez who came on here recently with good attitudes and they were treated nicely.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
The problem is that these new guys come on here and think they know better than us. It's their attitude. Nothing is more annoying than arrogant ignorance.
If I thought I knew more than you I wouldn't be using these boards.

Ill admit that sometimes I do things that can be considered a little bit trolly like when I was suggesting that DownB air-camping with Ness is a thing, but aside from the occasional absurdity I have just been trying to get better at the game.

kys

Smash Ace
Not necessarily. If someone plays this game in a cluster of friends, thinks they're really good and then sees these boards, they may think they could use them to showcase what they think is their superior knowledge and talent.

The purpose of these boards is not always to learn more.

The idea that someone would think they know more than us, and for that reason completely ignore and not use these boards is actually pretty ridiculous if you think about it. If anything it would give them MORE incentive to come on here, especially when you consider human nature.

B Link

Smash Lord
New players who want to play will play even if people are mean to him/her

Don't worry about new player bashing, if they leave they were gonna leave anyway

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily. If someone plays this game in a cluster of friends, thinks they're really good and then sees these boards, they may think they could use them to showcase what they think is their superior knowledge and talent.

The idea that someone would think they know more than us, and for that reason completely ignore and not use these boards is actually pretty ridiculous if you think about it. If anything it would give them MORE incentive to come on here, especially when you consider human nature.
I see where your coming from and thats true...but in his case he's here to "learn" and he stated that. By his post I made the assumption that he was trying to say, if he was (hypothetically) a smasher who knew every single detailed aspect and mechanic about the game he wouldn't need the boards to "learn". And that's true..a smasher who's out lies the rest of the community in rank and is beyond superior to the rest of the community wouldn't be here to learn because he already knows everything about the game inside and out. If anything a superior smasher would showcase or help other people (like you said), but he's not here to do that.

I don't think he meant "not using the boards entirely", but not using it for "learning".

@B Link thats true a person who loves a game will continue to play regardless of the people being mean to him/her on boards, but if a person left the boards because the majority of the community are douchebags doesn't necessarily mean they were planning on leaving in the first place.

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice

That pretty much described me a few months ago, now I just use the boards to read what people are saying and try to pick up a few tips along the way

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I have found recently that I was under-utilizing fair. The poor range and damage of the move disguise the fact that it is really quite good for combos. If anyone has any tips on the move I would like to hear them.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It's really not that good. Fair chains in practice mode until your fingers bleed and then it has pretty good utility on some characters.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
As others stated, you should get online and play some fake smash. Tons of different styles of players to adapt to that would make you a much better player. Thanks for the videos.

Nah its all good no need to apologize :p

EDIT: Mint....nooooo..Kirby's Up-Tilt hitbox is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Ness

Good god look at that hitbox, so broken.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I'm fairly certain it has the same size as puff's utilt (or at least that's what I've read on here). It's just so fast.

B Link

Smash Lord
^I think kirby's utilt speed is underemphasized.

It's fast in the two ways I can think of atm: hitbox comes out decently fast and it has a short # of total frames (spam ability).

I mean dk's punch has a big hitbox but it comes out piss *** slow and you can't spam that **** at all

The decently big hitbox of kirby's utilt obviously does matter though for damage (juggles opponents easily) + range

prisonchild

Smash Ace
^I think kirby's utilt speed is underemphasized.

It's fast in the two ways I can think of atm: hitbox comes out decently fast and it has a short # of total frames (spam ability).

I mean dk's punch has a big hitbox but it comes out piss *** slow and you can't spam that **** at all

The decently big hitbox of kirby's utilt obviously does matter though for damage (juggles opponents easily) + range
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...dmNFYXVsbjV2aEE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

here is the frame data for every utilt, just to put numbers to how ******** kirbys utilt is.

also, falcon is really good at edgeguarding ness. a ness recovering high can get smacked by the tail end of a reverse uair and if ness is recovering low then simply ledgehog and dair if necessary. a ness recovering around stage level gives falcon less reliable options to edgeguard but even then i like his chances

ballin4life

Smash Hero
wtf lol

Sheer's a ****in' marshmallow. Hell, he almost never posts.

I don't wanna know what you think of Battlecow (granted that opinion is probably warranted :p )
battlecow's been pretty mellow lately. current RAGE crown goes to SK, even though he's more of a loose cannon compared to old school battlecow's calculated, tactical aggression.

The Star King

Smash Hero
What rage? I only flamed aa twice with fake mad to make a point, although I kind of attacked him a third time and THAT was genuine

And I guess there was a little attack of Surri

O well

*insert me flaming ballin here*

ballin4life

Smash Hero
What rage? I only flamed aa twice with fake mad to make a point, although I kind of attacked him a third time and THAT was genuine

And I guess there was a little attack of Surri

O well

*insert me flaming ballin here*
ok, that's a few standard deviations away from average already, and you didn't even count all the times you've hated on koro ;)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nah. It's mostly just one person. If aa wasn't a dirk like two months ago then there would be little. And my "hating" on Koro has a more happy tone, definitely not rage, because I find his entire character hilarious

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I was gonna say, maybe my avatar makes me seem angrier. wut.

Anyways according to aa I'm boring and uncontroversial so ggs ballin

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
@Ballin4life

Pikachu always gimps Ness. (Near 100% of the time).

Mario Bros too are really good at gimping Ness and can get him.
Mario (90%) Mario's Better recovery and better air speed give him a better chance than Luigi. Luigi is about (80%)

Fox 80% (Lasers and speed) The lasers can push Ness below stage level at which Ness can only recover from an opponent's mistake.
Kirby 80% (Great recovery and if he is perfect he will usually do it, but he take a little longer than Fox to get to Ness)

Falcon (45%) He really needs to be careful because there is a moderately good chance that he might not be able to make it back on the stage or that Ness will make it back.

Yoshi 50% (He can't be that aggressive off stage due to his second jump being all he has) His eggs throwing, while good at fininishing Ness can't hit at certain angles and he really only gets one throw because an egg throw animation can only allow one between the start and end of PK thunder.

DK (70%) UpB is really good at gimping Ness, but sometimes he can't make it back if Ness is at the periphery of the sweetspot zone.

Jiggly (85%) Her aerial speed and good recover make this a really easy edgeguard.

Ness (80%) intercepting PK thunder with PK thunder usually works unless the timing is off

Link (70%) (Boomerangs until he is below stage level) whiffing one may mean Ness's recovery.

Samus (65-75%) One charged shot ends it, but if it misses or doesn't have one the uncharged shots can often get him below stage. If it doesn't he has a moderate chance of making it to the ledge.

In addition, there are ways to mitigate Ness's recovery weakness's further that I haven't mentioned such as starting PK thunder early in the air and following Ness down with it until he can sweetspot the ledge.

There is also some for error in all areas of SSB. Things like the placement of tornados on Hyrule can often aid Ness's recovery as they complicate edgeguarding him.

I am not making a case for Ness's recovery being good, but Falcon and Link have a comparable ability to recover.
the complacency of this dude is overwhelming.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman

I can think of era and Tom Bombadil, two dudez who came on here recently with good attitudes and they were treated nicely.
Aww Kys, does this mean we're friends?

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
You're playing pretty much the same as in the other vids and I blame the Falcon player. He isn't high level enough to really destroy Ness. He doesn't dash around and space, nor does he really gimp you when he has an easy shot, nor does he seem to know how long hitstun lasts. You may just be better than him and so he fears his own combos or doubts himself way too much to finish you off; he also dropped a lot of simple combos, like uair chains, early on and so mitigated damage heavily. He could kill you in two combos easy if he really knew his hitstun, and instead it takes 4 or 5.

You need to be properly punished and be forced to adjust your strategy accordingly, which is not happening in these videos at all.

I'm not trying to be too straightforward or rude about it, bu that's really what I'm seeing there.

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
@1:23 in the first video. It was a nice sweet spot, but like everyone else is saying, you should have absolutely been downspiked there. I personally would like to see a video with your Ness against a Kirby or Pika, someone who can challenge you off the edges.

It also seems like you rely to heavily on your use of uptilt. Average players will run right into it but better players will approach with better understanding and probably dash dance around it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
No. If you DI'd left you may have landed on the stage and survived (it's not changing the angle, but usual DI).

Top Bottom