• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yobo's Videos

Battlecow

Play to Win
What happened to the 02D's every time someone got a hit?

pretty cool vids dude. Tell that falcon to stop trying to dair through your utilt. Also dair->grab (for ness) is pretty cool. and DJC uair chains. And stuff.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
What happened to the 02D's every time someone got a hit?
I think I moderated my statement.

If I am playing really good I can do a lot of 02Ds but these videos involve me being a little out of focus. Ill try to upload some sober ones.

I stand by the fact that 02D is true that if Ness gets an Uair on dreamland it is over if we assume top top level play and/or TAS.

Any Hyrule videos hopefully coming soon also? And what region do you live in?
I prefer DL, but yeah. I live in Upstate NY in winter and Texas in the summer.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
yeah, that falcon isn't very good, AT ALL.

also, i feel like i didn't see a single combo. nothing past 3 hits probably.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
yeah, that falcon isn't very good, AT ALL.

also, i feel like i didn't see a single combo. nothing past 3 hits probably.
What specifically is wrong with the Falcon? I am posting these here not to be told me and my friends are bad, but to get us to improve.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Your ness is like a week old kaillera player

1st stop uptilting x5000
2nd learn to z cancel so you can add djc fairs ,bairs, and nairs to the mix
3rd get online lol or go to big tournaments

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Your ness is like a week old kaillera player

1st stop uptilting x5000
2nd learn to z cancel so you can add djc fairs ,bairs, and nairs to the mix
3rd get online lol or go to big tournaments
Whats a kaillera?

1. I usually don't utilt that much I think.
2. I know how to Z-cancel. I just forget a lot with DJCers.
3. I refuse to use keyboards.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
you do know you can buy an adapter and play online using a n64 controller right?

M!nt

Smash Champion

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Nobody asked you to start
I know he never asked me ¬_¬ but the question in general just made me say wow.... all this time he's been in 64 boards, he hasn't notice the thread that says "ONLINE PLAY" in caps, or he probably does know what online play is but the word "Kaillera" is unfamiliar....bleh doesnt matter. At least you told him >_>

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
My ness isn't good enough to properly provide feedback but the falcon your playing against isnt making you any better. There are a lot of very talented players on the east coast that you should contact and try and meet up with. By the way best of luck in upstate NY with this horrendous storm.

B Link

Smash Lord
1. I usually don't utilt that much I think.
It would seem that way to an average ssb player but trust us, you do. Unfortunately it seems like you haven't played anyone good enough to punish you for it -- it really is a move that should be used in moderation. I rarely, rarely ever land a single utilt on any good player.

Battlecow

Play to Win
utilt is really good, actually

but yeah you use it too much and in the wrong places

For the 500th time you can play online with a controller

you don't need to play online but you do need to play against good people. I can't teach you how to not suck over the internet.

M!nt

Smash Champion
yeah I didnt mean it like uptilt wasnt good (I think its actually better than kirbys)

I know he never asked me ¬_¬ but the question in general just made me say wow.... all this time he's been in 64 boards, he hasn't notice the thread that says "ONLINE PLAY" in caps, or he probably does know what online play is but the word "Kaillera" is unfamiliar....bleh doesnt matter. At least you told him >_>
Sorry :(

This section isn't for just online players though and I don't see why you get fed up over someone asking what kaillera is when they're not in that audience.
Everyone knows what "online play" is.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
yeah I didnt mean it like uptilt wasnt good (I think its actually better than kirbys)

Sorry :(

This section isn't for just online players though and I don't see why you get fed up over someone asking what kaillera is when they're not in that audience.
Everyone knows what "online play" is.
Nah its all good no need to apologize :p

EDIT: Mint....nooooo..Kirby's Up-Tilt hitbox is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Ness

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
surround yourself with the highest level of competition possible, in this case, play online.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It's gonna be hard to get better without playing good people. Drive to jersey or NYC or whatever and play the good peeps from there. Go to apex. Stuff like that.

Or, and this is much much easier, spend twenty bucks on an adapter and get online.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
It's gonna be hard to get better without playing good people. Drive to jersey or NYC or whatever and play the good peeps from there. Go to apex. Stuff like that.

Or, and this is much much easier, spend twenty bucks on an adapter and get online.
Like what practically?

Like someone said more fairs.
Another person said less utilt. I still think against falcon, link, DK, and fox that utilt is entirely a legitimate move out of a dair, but if you think there is a better option I would like to know what people think.

As far as approach option, I use mainly momentum rush djc bair, momentum rush djc dair, and DJC uair.

Is fair a legitimate approach?
Are there any other legit approaches?

Is DJC uair the only combo starter?

I wish someone could offer me some tips or tricks (I appreciate the djc platform drop)

Play with pikachu ;)
You know as well as I do that Pikachu is not fun.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
idk, i still haven't played nearly any of you but i am at a decent level where i can keep up with killer, wotg, and dexter (if they mean anything to anyone... more ppl too but w.e) and not that i'm amazing or talented, but i got to where i'm at through mostly playing computers over and over and watching isai videos lol. I think you should practice your overall game and watch some people do well with ness (peek,isai,firo,ballin,boom) and practice. learn some more basic approaches and get at least some mix up with your djc. atm you are too obvious and idk if getting wrecked online will help more than practicing and getting the basics down first then playing online. meh don't know your work ethic or how much time you have... good luck.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Like what practically?

Like someone said more fairs.
Another person said less utilt. I still think against falcon, link, DK, and fox that utilt is entirely a legitimate move out of a dair, but if you think there is a better option I would like to know what people think.

As far as approach option, I use mainly momentum rush djc bair, momentum rush djc dair, and DJC uair.

Is fair a legitimate approach?
Are there any other legit approaches?

Is DJC uair the only combo starter?

I wish someone could offer me some tips or tricks (I appreciate the djc platform drop)

You know as well as I do that Pikachu is not fun.
Fair's a pretty bad approach. tricky DJC movement into bair is swag. Uair has invincible head stuff so it's actually a better approach than fair if you can do it low and fast. Send yourself at a downward 45 degree angle into dreamland's wall and you'll pop straight up, that helps with recovery. Utilt is good at starting combos, but after a couple (on fastfallers) djc uairs become cool. dair-grab, like I said before. Pikachu's a lot of fun.

I can't imagine you implementing any of that correctly without high-level practice though. It's as if you wanted to learn how to play an instrument by having people tell you how it ought to sound.

The Star King

Smash Hero
When people say you utilt too much they probably mean you do it too much in neutral game. It is a good combo move vs Falcon yeah. Although honestly Ness's utilt works really well as a defensive move against a lot of noobs so while you stay offline why not. But play online (because it hasn't been said enough already).

idk, i still haven't played nearly any of you but i am at a decent level where i can keep up with killer, wotg, and dexter (if they mean anything to anyone... more ppl too but w.e) and not that i'm amazing or talented, but i got to where i'm at through mostly playing computers over and over and watching isai videos lol. I think you should practice your overall game and watch some people do well with ness (peek,isai,firo,ballin,boom) and practice. learn some more basic approaches and get at least some mix up with your djc. atm you are too obvious and idk if getting wrecked online will help more than practicing and getting the basics down first then playing online. meh don't know your work ethic or how much time you have... good luck.
I disagree. Getting wrecked online is still way better than practicing vs computers and watching videos. Nobody has ever gotten good without significant experience vs HUMANS.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Fair's a pretty bad approach. tricky DJC movement into bair is swag. Uair has invincible head stuff so it's actually a better approach than fair if you can do it low and fast. Send yourself at a downward 45 degree angle into dreamland's wall and you'll pop straight up, that helps with recovery. Utilt is good at starting combos, but after a couple (on fastfallers) djc uairs become cool. dair-grab, like I said before. Pikachu's a lot of fun.

I can't imagine you implementing any of that correctly without high-level practice though. It's as if you wanted to learn how to play an instrument by having people tell you how it ought to sound.
I don't really have any difficulty recovering. I know the angles and distances in and out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBeOG1AIzCI&feature=youtu.be
It is all about that sweet spot.

I do the Utilt (x?) -> DJC Uair (X?) alot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WObUKV4hFtw&feature=youtu.be
Is Nair the best ender?

Dair-grab is something I should probably do more (I often get antsy and go into another move). Ill start doing more of them.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
uh...on that recovery video, i saw at least 3 instances where ness should've been dead 100%...i mean, on the third clip that mario had the kill, he just decided he wanted to jump right past you for whatever reason

i would've d-aired into techchase or restomp, reverse b-air also might've been stronger than n-air

The Star King

Smash Hero
"Recovery isn't THAT bad".

No. Just because, say, Mario doesn't wanna jump out in advance and fair you, doesn't mean that Ness's recovery isn't bad. Your opinions are skewed by your noob competition and it makes me sad. Play, say, Boomfan and tell me Ness's recovery isn't bad after that. Because he'll show you its badness.

In regards to finishing utilt uair chains - on Dreamland, I like to uair them enough so that I can uair -> land on platform -> utilt, do that -> djc uair -> weak nair/reverse fair -> bair/dair finish. Yeah.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
uh...on that recovery video, i saw at least 3 instances where ness should've been dead 100%...i mean, on the third clip that mario had the kill, he just decided he wanted to jump right past you for whatever reason

i would've d-aired into techchase or restomp, reverse b-air also might've been stronger than n-air
Yeah the third clip was just me illustrating that jumping away from the stage often helps if it looks like they might try to go at me in the air. It wasn't the best example. There are a good deal of options with Ness's recovery. DownB in the air can often be used to air camp. Fast Falling. Fake Fast Falling. Reverse PK Fire to air jump bair. Sweetspots and stage sliding along with stage sliding on platforms. It works reasonably well for me but if you know a silver bullet for Ness's recovery feel free to share.

When I dair they just tech under the platform and the momentum is reset.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
I disagree. Getting wrecked online is still way better than practicing vs computers and watching videos. Nobody has ever gotten good without significant experience vs HUMANS.
I do agree with you but what I meant was practice djc and basic things first. I didn't mean spend weeks and months practicing, i just meant maybe for like one week for a few hours total, work on perfecting Z-cancelling and DJC. Also (just from my experience of online play), the decent players -> good players kick literally everyone unless they are atleast decent or a big name. There are some nice players who play everyone but they're usually not on when i'm on (Also my internet blows still) :/ (AND I actually don't have that much human experience compared to MOST ppl)

In my personal experience:
online/ppl helped my spacing
computers helped tech skill
which both are pretty crucial right? meh

but i'm gonna go with you on this one i guess SK :urg:. if you see me online yobo i'll be glad to play you.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
"Recovery isn't THAT bad".
Play, say, Boomfan and tell me Ness's recovery isn't bad after that. Because he'll show you its badness.
Not with Captain (hardest time edgeguarding Ness) Falcon. I can sweetspot all day and he can't jump far enough to get me and get back, nor use a projectile to get me below stage level.

I'm so proud to be on this list haha
Your Ness is really fun to watch.

The Star King

Smash Hero
DownB in the air can often be used to air camp. Fake Fast Falling. Reverse PK Fire to air jump bair.
All my wat

When I dair they just tech under the platform and the momentum is reset.
Yeah don't listen to him there

I do agree with you but what I meant was practice djc and basic things first. I didn't mean spend weeks and months practicing, i just meant maybe for like one week for a few hours total, work on perfecting Z-cancelling and DJC. Also (just from my experience of online play), the decent players -> good players kick literally everyone unless they are atleast decent or a big name. There are some nice players who play everyone but they're usually not on when i'm on (Also my internet blows still) :/ (AND I actually don't have that much human experience compared to MOST ppl)
Fair enough. I just think that the vast majority of your time should be vs humans at some point.

Not with Captain (hardest time edgeguarding Ness) Falcon. I can sweetspot all day and he can't jump far enough to get me and get back, nor use a projectile to get me below stage level.
I think you are forgetting about the hug of love. Can reliably be used when Falcon cannot reach with his jumps alone. Judging by the videos your opponent is unaware of this.

Gotta admit I lol'd at "hardest time edgeguarding Ness". Seriously, dude, HEAVY vibe of your opinions being skewed by your noob opponent.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I think you are forgetting about the hug of love. Can reliably be used when Falcon cannot reach with his jumps alone. Judging by the videos your opponent is unaware of this.

Gotta admit I lol'd at "hardest time edgeguarding Ness". Seriously, dude, HEAVY vibe of your opinions being skewed by your noob opponent.
Lol if he get close to hugging me, I just aim the ball at him and we both die.

I don't really see this being a plausible scenario. He cannot get to the edge of the screen in time to do that unless he jumped off before my PK thunder even started. I can fast fall if he gets close in that scenario and still make a recovery attempt. I honestly think you are wrong here.

The opponent you are referring Z-cancels and short hops and can fluently play the game. I don't know what you want him to do from there.

Top Bottom