• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yasumicon 2010 (NOW FIU North Campus) - EVENT CANCELED

nevershootme

Smash Master
details to come, I may or may not be hosting depending on my work situation (Moving to Iowa possibly).

I will inform the people who will be taking care of the tournament in my abscence if so on all the details to run it. If it falls, then I can't do much since my presence is not available

The con is FREE. all u gotta do is pay door fee and tourney fee (door fee is pending but i will work something out with staff to try to not require door fee)

I will need volunteers to help assist me in running the tourney, and will need people to bring setups because the staff doesn't have enough TVs to cover tournaments and needs some for exhibition games for others. Let me know if you're interested in helping out...

Master Raven

Smash Master
Will go to this if nothing important is planned around this day (and will bring a Wii + Brawl)

BBQTV

Smash Master
i could bring a wii.

how much for entry and tourney?

nevershootme

Smash Master
like i said i'm on the fence in running it since i'm pending on moving OOS for good, but if someone steps up to run it from start to finish then let it be.

yasumicon@gmail.com e-mail them and feel free to mention my name, Eddie (last name removed for privacy purposes), on volunteering and they will bring u up to speed... I experienced organizers are prefered, you don't have to be an FIU Student, but it's preferred that it should be an FIU student helping out... but pretty much i'm organizing the team and issuing the orders, you just gotta cooperate with the staff since i'm not in person. but pretty much it will be your standard tournament with no gimmicks (at least prevent that from happening)

pretty much location of the tournament is secured, all it's needed is TV's and systems, and fees established and you're good to go.

plus hype this **** up. As for SSFIV, someone from the SRK scene in Miami should be handling it, but i'm unsure who it is.

nevershootme

Smash Master
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Yasumicon has been moved to FIU North Campus (On Biscayne Blvd nearby Costco and Play-n-Trade North Miami Beach). The game room will be held at Wolfe University Center (WUC)

Still currently finding a person willing to help run it... I won't be there cuz I may be moving to Iowa soon...

nevershootme

Smash Master
bad thing is that I have no way in contacting him since he's online randomly lol. anyways, I don't care if it's 1 or 3 TO's to help, just have a gooood time.

I'm currently talking to the convention staff about spacing and what can be done about it to accommodate Brawl and SSFIV PLUS other casual games. also, Manny (gpx gaming, yea, people may be still mad at him) is planning to be there to provide setups (I don't have control of it anyways). but setups are heavily needed...

the biggest issue i have now is that events must end at 7PM, which is gonna restrict to only Singles at this stage of planning.

again, email yasumicon@gmail.com and feel free to mention my name that you're planning to help running the game room and the tournament specifically, I'll allow it lol. they'll catch u up on what's going on...

Master Raven

Smash Master
Ehhhh I won't really go then unless Seibrik wants to (even though he's my only ride for tourneys anyway >_> but I've become apathetic about this now)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Ehhhh I won't really go then unless Seibrik wants to (even though he's my only ride for tourneys anyway >_> but I've become apathetic about this now)
ehh. it's not easy working with schools on the tournaments since the politics of gambling come into play, it makes it even harder when u gotta argue how the law can be vague. when i work with them, i just say, let me handle it, give me the space and setups and we're set.

basically the size has been drastically reduced hardcare this year and I can't do much since I've graduated and wanted to do something before leaving for OOS

KaZeKaRu(Final Round)

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I am new to the forum. My name is Carlos and I am trying to help out the brawl scene get even bigger. I work a Final Round Arcade at The Mall Of The Americas the address is 7795 West Flagler Street #6 Miami Fl 33144 (For those who don't know the address or have never heard of us. I am hoping to start my casual Thursday Smash Brawlers Day where all smash bros brawl players are welcome to play brawl all day for more details you may contact me at this number which is mine and I will gladly tell you more about it. Depending on how many people show up I will be able to host tourneys for singles and teams. If you are interested please call this number for more 786-991-4253 ask for me Carlos.)

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I am new to the forum. My name is Carlos and I am trying to help out the brawl scene get even bigger. I work a Final Round Arcade at The Mall Of The Americas the address is 7795 West Flagler Street #6 Miami Fl 33144 (For those who don't know the address or have never heard of us. I am hoping to start my casual Thursday Smash Brawlers Day where all smash bros brawl players are welcome to play brawl all day for more details you may contact me at this number which is mine and I will gladly tell you more about it. Depending on how many people show up I will be able to host tourneys for singles and teams. If you are interested please call this number for more 786-991-4253 ask for me Carlos.)
I would call for more details, but my phones dead. Is this like, every thursday, or just one day :O? I'd definitely go. I live literally 4 blocks away from the mall, and go there all the time with friends now in the summer.

BBQTV

Smash Master
the event is cancelled! what part of that was not clear?

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
BBQ, he's not talking about Yasumicon. He's talking about something at Final Round Arcade.

KaZeKaRu(Final Round)

Smash Cadet
I might start it next Thursday it will be an every Thursday event for the casual brawl players and if i get alot of people then for sure I will start to host tourneys too. So every thursdays and who ever brings their own Wii's will get a discount. The more people I get for casuals the more tourneys i can host and the bigger the pots will be. Lol so whoever is interested in Thursday Smash Brawlers at Final Round.

KaZeKaRu(Final Round)

Smash Cadet
Well I can host tournaments on saturdays that was my main idea for it. But I have to make sure its a free saturday because sometimes we have Super Street Fighter 4 Tournaments. I was thinking of most of my tournaments being hosted on saturdays. Thursdays are just going to be casual days unless you guys want a random tourney for that day.

BBQTV

Smash Master
so you want to hold asmashfest every thursday for the causal scene? today is thursday,is anything happening

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
Saturdays are much more convenient for tourneys. Why not host on that day?
I understand a few of us have summer jobs (including myself), but if its an all day smashfest thingy, then going after work could solve that problem....

And also, how much would it cost to get in said smashfest?

KaZeKaRu(Final Round)

Smash Cadet
Ummm No nothing happened today. It will start next thursday and the cost is 5 bucks for all day smashfest. This will be every thursday. you can come after work or in the morning however you guys want to. if you need the location and the address again i will gladly repost.

BBQTV

Smash Master
sounds cool but thursday doesn't sound so cool. oh well

BBQTV

Smash Master
well i guess that depends on how big a crowd you want. if you host something on a weekend your bound to get more people then not

KaZeKaRu(Final Round)

Smash Cadet
Well that is true but for now i would like to see how thursday would work out. Lets see what next thursday does for me and we will go from there. If worst comes to worst then it will be saturday casual brawl. But as of now thursday since i have already been spreading the word for next thursday.

BBQTV

Smash Master
ok i'll see if i can makeit. what about setups? should people bring wiis or what?

KaZeKaRu(Final Round)

Smash Cadet
I will possibly have three or four wii's but defeinately bring your own control (BYOC) if you wanna bring an extra wii you can and we'll go from there.

BBQTV

Smash Master
yeah i'll be bringing my wii, the more the merryer

BBQTV

Smash Master
wouldn't it be funny if only we attend? im sure people know about it

Top Bottom