• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yasumicon 2009 @ FIU - Miami, FL - July 11- Brawl - See Results Thread!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
k good good. :3 thank u.

@snipa....DUHHHHHHHHHH...now go lube everyone up!

-!-

Smash Lord
Well, let's team up for this, then! :bee:
The thing is that a couple days ago I asked my brother to team with me for this, so it's official... like I said if I had read you a few days ago I would of asked you :( but for next time we gotta do it... I may go to the next Fl. gaming I'm not sure yet, maybe there??? since we could of teamed there if I had a chance to ask you sooner rather then on the day XD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, the thing is if Scatz manages to make it this time I'll be teaming up with him instead, so sorry. =(

Guess I still need a partner... I just know I'm going to be constantly asking over and over again until I am forced to wing it like I do almost every other time. v_v

:069:

Nope

Smash Lord
So I pre registered us for this event. We are not 100% if it's on Saturday but I wanted to make sure just in case. I also want to know how this is exactly working? Doubles and Singles on Saturday and then we continue on Sunday if we don't get done by what time? Are we sharing space with blueblaze? I will be more then happy to help you run the tournament if we go (and if you need help). Sounds like we only have 2 setups at this time... we need more! =p Other then that we are excited to play some OOS people!

nevershootme

Smash Master
So I pre registered us for this event. We are not 100% if it's on Saturday but I wanted to make sure just in case. I also want to know how this is exactly working? Doubles and Singles on Saturday and then we continue on Sunday if we don't get done by what time? Are we sharing space with blueblaze? I will be more then happy to help you run the tournament if we go (and if you need help). Sounds like we only have 2 setups at this time... we need more! =p Other then that we are excited to play some OOS people!
Basically I want to do doubles and singles in 1 whole day (Saturday). I have until 11pm midnight to get it done (that's when they kick everone out). I was planning to do pools on Saturday for singles and finish everything on Sunday, so that is up in thr air.

But if that's not possible, ill just do a double elim bracket and throw in an extra tournament (singles) on Sunday.

I do appreciate any help possible. I know I have 8 tvs secured for the con, but not enough wiis (I got 4), and some volunteers willing to bring their tv's. Saturday is jam packed sharing space between sf4, blazblue, and kof12... but they have it under their control, I'm doing smash so its under my ruling.

If you have suggestions on how to help me get this don't please do. On Saturday I have 12 hours from noon to midnight. And Sunday I have from noon to 5

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm waiting on word for a ride from the Naples crew on weather or not I can get a ride.
I can also bring a Wii setup.
I still feel I owe you big time for what happened at Pride 8-bit, so if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

-!-

Smash Lord
On Saturday I have 12 hours from noon to midnight. And Sunday I have from noon to 5
12 hrs on Saturday, we have plenty of time then... we can surely finish it as long as things are done quick, this shouldn't be a problem... if anything those 5 hrs on Sunday can come in handy for another singles with pools or doubles to be safe with the time, if not then continuing from the previous day if it didn't finished.

nevershootme

Smash Master
12 hrs on Saturday, we have plenty of time then... we can surely finish it as long as things are done quick, this shouldn't be a problem... if anything those 5 hrs on Sunday can come in handy for another singles with pools or doubles to be safe with the time, if not then continuing from the previous day if it didn't finished.
um.... yea thanks for repeating everything i just said -_-

edit: nick riddle, wtf are you not going to genesis?

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
lol I'm so bored I read this whole thread and wow -_- 8bit is a saint putting up with some of you xD you ask questions he just answered a post ago

I'll go. I just hope I don't have conflicting BB and Brawl matches.

One question though that I don't think has been answered.

I know BB and Brawl are going down at the same time, how close are the two geographically. I might be hanging out in one were in the other place they are calling my name.

8bit we need to Noel ditto :p

nevershootme

Smash Master
lol I'm so bored I read this whole thread and wow -_- 8bit is a saint putting up with some of you xD you ask questions he just answered a post ago

I'll go. I just hope I don't have conflicting BB and Brawl matches.

One question though that I don't think has been answered.

I know BB and Brawl are going down at the same time, how close are the two geographically. I might be hanging out in one were in the other place they are calling my name.

8bit we need to Noel ditto :p
all tournaments will be held in the same game room. So expect major over crowding from all ends.

although I haven't listed it, It's gonna be in Room GC 245, which is above the "Pit". I'll head to FIU later this week to take photos of the room... it's huge, but not enough to freaking stuff a ton of crap in the place

as for a noel ditto, i'll see about it... I still can't get the most basic string down cuz of timing issues on a stick... hopefully that will change when i use a 360 controller

I hate writing threads for this ****...

Tomorrow I'm gonna do a small video advertisement laying down the ground rules for this...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, tires ****ed up, so I cannot go to Genesis anymore... (lolmoneyjohns) That means I'll be here! MM? I don't even use a top tier.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Hmm

Anyone MM? $1, $2 or $5 since that's what I have in total right now ($7). I'll MM with Snake and MK.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
all tournaments will be held in the same game room. So expect major over crowding from all ends.

although I haven't listed it, It's gonna be in Room GC 245, which is above the "Pit". I'll head to FIU later this week to take photos of the room... it's huge, but not enough to freaking stuff a ton of crap in the place

as for a noel ditto, i'll see about it... I still can't get the most basic string down cuz of timing issues on a stick... hopefully that will change when i use a 360 controller

I hate writing threads for this ****...

Tomorrow I'm gonna do a small video advertisement laying down the ground rules for this...

Wait... did you say.... 360 >_<...................

nevershootme

Smash Master
So, tires ****ed up, so I cannot go to Genesis anymore... (lolmoneyjohns) That means I'll be here! MM? I don't even use a top tier.
I hate you.... j/k
Hmm

Anyone MM? $1, $2 or $5 since that's what I have in total right now ($7). I'll MM with Snake and MK.
Sorry but I'm really gonna have to boot people with full force (Disconnecting controllers or shutting down TV's) if any MM or Friendlies were to happen... Save it for post tournament or when the brackets die down.. I'm not gonna pull a FL gaming moment like that. I'm wanting everyone to enjoy the weekend by not staying up til midnight. I will also have a 30 minute break for you guys to check out the con and whatnot, and maybe snag some swag (I suggest save it on sunday for cheap last minute bargins in the Dealer's room)
Wait... did you say.... 360 >_<...................
Yes I own a 360, I can't use PS3 pads cuz they kill my thumbs.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
theyre 20 bucks man!!! but **** yea ill actually fight with those O_< hopefully they fit on my rather large hands mwahaha...hopefully nothing pops :\

i fought before in sockemboppers before with friends in 10th grade long ago...my friend popped his and didnt realize it and punched another one of my friends on the head and he started bleeding...we all lol'd xD

Top Bottom