• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yah I'm not maining Olimar anymore.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
But... why do you think anyone cares? D;

Unless this is sarcasm, in which case... lol?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
this almost makes me want MK to get banned :( he's convet dam near every player to him.... and he's like everyones 2nd *sighs* i want someone to come up with a ken comboe to **** MK so he won't be on every screen at tourny's >.<

asob4

Smash Champion
up smash > up smash > up air > up air ***** MK ^^

sorry to hear you go fearless

he only has like 8 bad match ups T_T

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
this almost makes me want MK to get banned :( he's convet dam near every player to him.... and he's like everyones 2nd *sighs* i want someone to come up with a ken comboe to **** MK so he won't be on every screen at tourny's >.<
Meta Knight will never convert me. The only reason why he was vied for as my *6th* was because of his character. Pit won out when I played Kid Icarus.

But we do need to learn strategies to kill Meta Knights with more characters. Oh, by the way, Kirby's Forward Smash breaks through Meta Knight's bloody tornado attack. Anybody know the moves with at least as much priority as Kirby's Forward Smash?

asob4

Smash Champion
Meta Knight will never convert me. The only reason why he was vied for as my *6th* was because of his character. Pit won out when I played Kid Icarus.

But we do need to learn strategies to kill Meta Knights with more characters. Oh, by the way, Kirby's Forward Smash breaks through Meta Knight's bloody tornado attack. Anybody know the moves with at least as much priority as Kirby's Forward Smash?
donkey kong :3

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
donkey kong :3
Donkey Kong is a big target though. It's probably just easier to cut him up into monkey meat at any point that Mock Tornado is viable.

Though the point of my bringing this up is so players can beat Meta Knight with lower tier characters who apparently can't counter him.

asob4

Smash Champion
every tilt DK has clanks with and outranges the tornado, some stopping.

his up b out prioritizes the tornado

kills MK at ~80%

bair is too good

doesn't die til ~150%

GG MK, GG

IcyLight

Smash Lord
aww what a poor olimar player. another one goes to a high tier to have fun. what's the point of playing this game again?

asob4

Smash Champion
MK is far from fun

it sickens me that he's in this game at all. he's so completely broken it's not fair

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He has too many bad matchups

Metaknight HERE I COME.
Should someone else say it or should I?

*takes a deep breath*

TIER ***** AT 12 O'CLOCK!! :laugh:

Honestly, is switching to Metaknight the ONLY solution people can come up with when they hit a snag with their mains? Oh no, all my mains (Mario, Wario, and Ness) can all be infinited so I better switch too! ... Thanks for reminding me why I have a lot of respect for people who have stuck with characters like Sonic and Yoshi despite being constantly told that their characters are garbage.

Awex

Smash Lord
You have you really stick with Olimar and put up with his flaws to get good with him.

I lost a tournament match yesterday because for whatever reason, I didn't get the little hop from a non-tether up b. Death at 40% right past the open ledge. Things can get discouraging.

But having secondary characters makes up for it. For what it's worth, I LOVE playing Dedede vs Metaknights. ;D

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Should someone else say it or should I?

*takes a deep breath*

TIER ***** AT 12 O'CLOCK!! :laugh:

Honestly, is switching to Metaknight the ONLY solution people can come up with when they hit a snag with their mains? Oh no, all my mains (Mario, Wario, and Ness) can all be infinited so I better switch too! ... Thanks for reminding me why I have a lot of respect for people who have stuck with characters like Sonic and Yoshi despite being constantly told that their characters are garbage.
Ironic how I get hated instead of that blasted peanut gallery being hated.

People can be rather selfish, to be honest. You can't very well expect them to give of themselves if it will just get them pain. Of course, at the very least they shouldn't be plain ***** to any good people around them.

You know: if there's a multiplayer mode where you can play as multiple characters in the same match (obviously each with one stock, like in Subspace Emissary, but probably you could mid-stock switch--but switched out fighters will retain their damage), it will be convenient that Ness and Kirby are my #2 and #3 respectively, because they're ironically the closest to being my easy fighters, so I can field them both first to test the opposition for threat levels AND expose their general strategy, and if mid-stock switching can be done, I can simply switch to Olimar when needed and I have a set of strategies in my arsenal backed up by the Pikmin to wreak havoc on the bigger dangers whose offense will be neutralized by attack memorization. If they start with easier fighters themselves, it just becomes a test of skill.

Oh, by the way, I'm seriously considering putting Pit on my #6 just for being a broken pain thanks to arrow spam (which I don't rely on to begin with, at least, but my goodness does it need to not cause flinching before high percentages). ROB will be #4, granted, but with my other guys being lighter than Mario, whaddya gonna do.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
lol... as if mk needs another bandwagon hopper. gl.
He probably would have been popular anyway, broken or no.

Meanwhile, I'd like to know what people think of my idea of a multiplayer mode. Although it wouldn't altogether stop broken character abuse. Just tone it down somewhat.

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
Im also thinking about changing main because of all the bad match ups and the sucky recovery. Its not fun when you die at 30 % because someone edgehogged you! But at the same time Olimar is Olimar, you cant let him go.
A secondarie could help but the problem is that I dont want a secondarie because I dont have time to get good with 2 charachters.

TomTom

Smash Cadet
Ironically, I'm a Meta Knight player who's discovering Olimar. I like playing as Meta Knight, but he's so common as a character that it feels difficult to reach my full potential as a Smash player simply playing as him. I picked Olimar because he has a very interesting and unique play style.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Wow, fearless. You're a giant *****.

But I love the Teamqq reference drop. I laughed for hours.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Wow....soooo many people just threw one of the better olly players under the bus...wow...uh...for a tourney player...who cares who you play...go play MK, have fun, but you'll see that olly has too many awesome matchups to be ignored for long :D.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
Have fun, sir. Whatever works for you.

I'm staying with Oli, I predict, but I'm working on Wario and G&W as well.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
I happen to think the OP is an idiot.

Seriously dude, if you are going to switch why go for the 2nd best character? Go for the best and pick Snake. Everyone knows Snake is the smash god.

shanus

Smash Hero
I happen to think the OP is an idiot.

Seriously dude, if you are going to switch why go for the 2nd best character? Go for the best and pick Snake. Everyone knows Snake is the smash god.
/facepalm

i really hope that was sarcasm

Gindler

Smash Champion
Fearless is giving up Olimar? most people don't live in CF so they have no idea how **** he is with olimar, darn i was hopin' for some Oli vs Yoshi matches at a Gigs...oh wellz *pouts*

Top Bottom