• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

xtremeplay tournies

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Apparantly the reason why the rules were never changed in any of the previous xplay tournies is because the Manager was blocking it from happening (he told the owner smashers prefer single elimination). But, he quit a few weeks ago and just recently when we brought it up to the owner himself he was completely willing to change the rules to whatever the Smash community prefers.

So anyways, what rules would you guys want? Xtremeplay could potentialy be another good CFL tourny to goto along with Gigabits, especialy since they pull in alot of scrubs.

I was going to send him a copy of the rules Gigabits uses, but I wanted to see if there was anything you guys wanted different.

The current admission price their using is
Singles - 15$
Doubles - 20$ (40$ a team)

Should I ask him to change doubles to 10$ a person (20$ a team) or keep it the way it is?

These are the rules I'm planning on sending:

Rules= Stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Time Limit = 8 minutes

Double Elimination
Best 2 out of 3
Semifinals / finals best 3 our of 5

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

They also tend to mix doubles and singles together, but I can ask him to do doubles first since it's usualy considered a warmup for singles.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah that manager was a complete *******.

Teams should definately be $20 instead of $40.

We'll definately be more inclined to go now that the rules aren't ********. Good work Crom.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
i kinda like teams being that much. the pot is a lot sweeter. only bad thing is i think a lot of the scrubs will stop coming to these tournies. lol oh well.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Heh, I had a friend that used to run these and he described that manager as 'an evil fat kid' or something along those lines.

Though it was kinda cool winning a tournament, it'd really be awesome if these were at a higher level of play.

Awesome stuff.

Edit: Also, did they ever put the videos of Reno and my match and the Ganon ditto between you and my brother up?

Col Bol

Smash Champion
These are the rules I'm planning on sending:

Rules= Stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Time Limit = 8 minutes

Double Elimination
Best 2 out of 3
Semifinals / finals best 3 our of 5

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.
Look's fine, except be sure to specify that "Semifinals" are only Winner's Finals and Loser's Finals. Don't really care about the teams admision, I could go either way. Same goes with doing them both at the same time. When's the next one?

OTRU...

Smash Champion
id say keep teams at $40, it will draw better people to go to this, it will prolly scare noobs but u guys have been doin it like this for a while and u still get the same ammount of kids to go

and thank god that ******** manager quit

when will the next one be? this could def be another monthly tourney for cfl

how much of the pot does the place keep?

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
id say keep teams at $40, it will draw better people to go to this, it will prolly scare noobs but u guys have been doin it like this for a while and u still get the same ammount of kids to go

and thank god that ******** manager quit

when will the next one be? this could def be another monthly tourney for cfl

how much of the pot does the place keep?
They keep 40% like gigs, I think.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I don't particularly like the teams being $40. Charging more for teams than singles seems a little harsh as it discourages teams from competing and just doing singles instead. I normally do both, but between this and gigs I think I'd go broke. How often are these tournies?

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
I don't particularly like the teams being $40. Charging more for teams than singles seems a little harsh as it discourages teams from competing and just doing singles instead. I normally do both, but between this and gigs I think I'd go broke. How often are these tournies?
Like bi-monthly from what I can tell. Not as frequent as gigabits.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah they are bi-monthly, the next one is scheduled for August 11. Is this conflicting with any other tournies?

Also we got 2 people saying 20$ teams and 2 saying 40$. Personaly I think 40$ a team is kind of high and it may cause some people not to enter. But, it does mean a bigger pot, so if the majority of you would rather keep it at 40$ a team I'l tell him that

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
or you could compromise and make it $30 per team. Then doubles would cost the same as singles.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
then do doubles at gigs and not there. sorry, but idon't thinke very tourney should be the exact same.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
They don't call it X-tremePAY for nothing. "Excuse me children.. children ...your going to have to pay to play"-then Fat Guy turns off the cube during a MM.

Renth

Smash Hero
to anyone who considers going to an extremegay tournament do yourself a favor

take a cactus and shove it up your a$$ it will be far more enjoyable

Top Bottom