• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xenogears

Equi

Smash Ace
I am the Alpha and Omega
The Beginning and the End
The First and the Last

Does thou desire thy power? My fist is the divine breath!

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Those words I was unable to convey... That day... That time... Those
thoughts I was unable to carry out... Words and thoughts... The connection
between the two... Without words, thoughts cannot be conveyed... Without
thoughts, there are no words... They are both as vital as each other...
They can never be divided... Like the wings of angels...

Frames

DI
Since that time, I have stopped being human. I have commited so many sins that any attempt at living as a human is impossible. The only one who could have forgiven me is god.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Ok, I'll be the first to get flamed. I never like Xenogears. Convoluted story, uninspired characters, horrible battle system. Ridiculously long and inattentive. =/ Sorry, just wasn't that great of a game in my opinion.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I'm not much of a fan of RPGs personally, there have been some I liked a great deal, like Final Fantasty X, and Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, but for the most part, it's just very difficult for me to sit down and devote that much time into a video game and a story line. Honestly, I can't even think of the last RPG I really sat down with and played through.

inb4 KINGDOM HEARTS IS SO GOOD.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
OMG SORA IS SO KAWAII DESU NE! ^_^

on a side note, I somehow managed to play through Ogre Battle 64. It took 3 years because it was in japanese and I would randomly stop playing for months at a time. something is seriously wrong with me

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Because it creates a look that's appealing in a childlike way?
:psycho: That's all I have to say to THAT!

RPGs (and all single-player games actually) became boring to me when I discovered this far off concept known only as "multiplayer."
Yeah, it's kind of hard to sit through a 1 player RPG when I could be having sick-*** games of Mario Party DS with people!

However, apparently Dock and Matt have been having an amazing time playing Xenogears together, so I guess in a sense, they've combined the RPG with the good aspects of multiplayer.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
:psycho: That's all I have to say to THAT!

Yeah, it's kind of hard to sit through a 1 player RPG when I could be having sick-*** games of Mario Party DS with people!

However, apparently Dock and Matt have been having an amazing time playing Xenogears together, so I guess in a sense, they've combined the RPG with the good aspects of multiplayer.
Haha, I meant it appeals to children. Sorry, tired johns

Wouldn't that be "synchronized single player"?

Master Raven

Smash Master
I like RPGs, but I have always been more of an action-oriented person (in general, it could mean anything from platformers to FPSes to actual action games and etc.)

Mega Man (anything outside the AU ones like Battle Network/Star Force), Devil May Cry, System Shock 2, Half-Life, Castlevania, Mario (the PLATFORMERS! Although Mario Kart and Tennis are always good fun), anything that's done in real time really, that stuff gets more of my attention.

... You FPS fans really need to play System Shock 2 ASAP if you haven't already. :) It's easily my favorite FPS and top 3 on my list of favorite games.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
I like RPGs, but I have always been more of an action-oriented person (in general, it could mean anything from platformers to to FPSes to actual action games and etc.)

Mega Man (anything outside the AU ones like Battle Network/Star Force), Devil May Cry, System Shock 2, Half-Life, Castlevania, Mario (the PLATFORMERS! Although Mario Kart and Tennis are always good fun), anything that's done in real time really gets more of my attention.

... You FPS fans really need to play System Shock 2 ASAP if you haven't already. :)
SS2 was a classic, very nice overall.

HL2DM used to be my competitive game until I lost my Steam account. DMC and Castlevania are pretty good too.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
What ever happened to Secret of Mana nights at Nexus, anyways? :(
Pooky doesnt come by on Fridays anymore because we arent open 24 hours. Maybe if me and cary can find a third person we can do it again. But for now we got warhammer to keep us busy, we all need to hit 40.

Equi

Smash Ace
Oh yeah. Don't get me wrong yall. Xenogears is only amazing in the retrospect of its storyline, it's unique in a lot of ways, and I actually didn't mind disc 2, they wrapped it up pretty well. Its plot is way better than Evangelion IMO, or any anime equivalent that people compare it to. I dunno, it's tough to find a storyline with that much complexity nowadays.

But it will always be my favorite game of all time. =) I must be the biggest Xenogears fanboy there is. **** Xenosaga!

Citan is the man (and wicked intelligent)
Id is just... freaky
Ramsus was the cliche typical villain to start off but became amazing
Miang (Wow, just wow.)
Krelian (Meh, didn't care for him)
Grahf

Not to mention Big Joe randomly showing up places!

If they had devoted more time to making disc 2 more play oriented, the game would have been near perfect. That's the only thing I disliked about it, disc 1 is all mystery and making you wonder all of these different complex ideas and then disc 2 they unveil everything at once like it's Christmas.

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
This hand of mine is burning red! Its roar tells me to graps victory! Eruptinggggg burningggg finger! Wait wrong quote?

Frames

DI
on an unrelated note:

far cry 2 is soooo good, if you liked the first one you'll love this one, if you didn't play the first one don't bother this one is so much better!!

everyone get it now haha

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Oh yeah. Don't get me wrong yall. Xenogears is only amazing in the retrospect of its storyline, it's unique in a lot of ways, and I actually didn't mind disc 2, they wrapped it up pretty well. Its plot is way better than Evangelion IMO, or any anime equivalent that people compare it to. I dunno, it's tough to find a storyline with that much complexity nowadays.

But it will always be my favorite game of all time. =) I must be the biggest Xenogears fanboy there is. **** Xenosaga!

Citan is the man (and wicked intelligent)
Id is just... freaky
Ramsus was the cliche typical villain to start off but became amazing
Miang (Wow, just wow.)
Krelian (Meh, didn't care for him)
Grahf

Not to mention Big Joe randomly showing up places!

If they had devoted more time to making disc 2 more play oriented, the game would have been near perfect. That's the only thing I disliked about it, disc 1 is all mystery and making you wonder all of these different complex ideas and then disc 2 they unveil everything at once like it's Christmas.
I dunno, Neon Genesis Evangelion is REALLY good. Then End of Evangelion? Whew!

Master Raven

Smash Master
I love Evangelion! My favorite anime. Looking forward to more of the Rebuild movies.

<3 Asuka

Master Raven

Smash Master
I actually find myself enjoying a lot of mech anime.

Big O is another mech anime I absolutely love (3rd favorite after Eva and FLCL). Big Duo is one of, if not my favorite mech.

Top Bottom