• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xenogears

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
She's completely insane and her mom hates her...Then she hears voices in her head, church music plays, and she kills big white bird mechs. :D Then she gets eaten. :D:D

Master Raven

Smash Master
Seriously, I have to ask. . .

What is even SLIGHTLY likable about Asuka as a character?
I can see where you're coming from. Tsunderes are hit or miss for me, but in Asuka's case I just really liked her. I don't know. Kaname Chidori is another tsundere I really like. :p

Gingerr

Smash Lord
She just seemed like a raging thunder<unt to me, I hate characters like that.
Sae from Peach Girl is the same way, another female character that just made me absolutely livid, although I doubt any of you have seen that xD
Though, Haruhi Suzumiya is the same way, but she's extremely lovable :3

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
on an unrelated note:

far cry 2 is soooo good, if you liked the first one you'll love this one, if you didn't play the first one don't bother this one is so much better!!

everyone get it now haha
I like being off topic. Is it as good as I've heard then? People have told me that the only noticeable flaw in the game is the storyline. I did like the original, so I want to know what they've done with the AI, weapons, combat system, etc. Also, is the game actually a free-roam style FPS now? I know the original boasted freedom of movement but in the end you had to go to the same place and couldn't backtrack once you got there.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
this game is greatness. no wait battle is beast. Still cant figure out why GApeach wouldnt like it tho :(..

oh well.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Xenogears is amazing even though it took me SEVEN years to beat it XD. When I got to the final duegeon the 2nd disc somehow got damaged to the point where it wouldn't work anymore ;_;. I was finally able to beat it when I got swap magic for the ps2 which allows me to transfer memory card data from the ps2 to the pc(Thank god for emulators >.<).

And a big LOL at whoever said this game has a bad battle system.

Frames

DI
asuka is cool cause she has nice b00bzzzz

seriously though evangelion is a great anime and having played xenogears and watching the eva anime/movies i can say that eva has a better plot imo

i really just like the characters and can appreciate the way the story evolves from a simple mech anime to a postmodern fantasy dealing with each of the characters and their attempts to define reality for themselves.

Equi

Smash Ace
yo are you serious? Do you seriously think there are better characters then CHU CHU?

Chu Chu is insane, i named her Jae Kwon.

Frames

DI
I like being off topic. Is it as good as I've heard then? People have told me that the only noticeable flaw in the game is the storyline. I did like the original, so I want to know what they've done with the AI, weapons, combat system, etc. Also, is the game actually a free-roam style FPS now? I know the original boasted freedom of movement but in the end you had to go to the same place and couldn't backtrack once you got there.
ya it's awesome

storyline is meh but that's not what's important

ai's better, weapons are the same overall

yes it is freeroam it's like 16+ miles of african savannah go anywhere do anything

White Out

Smash Apprentice
i've never heard of this game perhaps i have played to much kingdom hearts?

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
i've never heard of this game perhaps i have played to much kingdom hearts?
Have you gotten past the title screen? because that would be too much.

ya it's awesome

storyline is meh but that's not what's important

ai's better, weapons are the same overall

yes it is freeroam it's like 16+ miles of african savannah go anywhere do anything
Sounds interesting, I think my roomie is buying it so I'll see what's up

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I like this topic.

I should probably play Xenogears too. Hm.

well while the anime sh*t is being discussed, is or has anyone watched any of the following?

Black Lagoon
Toradora
Kannagi
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Shikabanehime Aka

all the ones I listed are ongoing right now except Black Lagoon... and there's already confirmed to be a 3rd season of that. :D

Equi

Smash Ace
I like this topic.

I should probably play Xenogears too. Hm.

well while the anime sh*t is being discussed, is or has anyone watched any of the following?

Black Lagoon
Toradora
Kannagi
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Shikabanehime Aka

all the ones I listed are ongoing right now except Black Lagoon... and there's already confirmed to be a 3rd season of that. :D
Yes you should.

Everyone in the world and their mothers and their brothers and their brother's sister's friend's family dog should play Xenogears.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Gankutsuou is another great anime you guys should watch.

I haven't watched any anime in months. Last thing I saw was uh... Hellsing Ultimate IV. I still need to watch GaoGaiGar and I'll probably get to watching Black Lagoon season 2.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Watch G Gundam. Grow chest hairs.
I've been tempted to do this

mostly because of how hilarious everything is.

Horse gundam, piloted by... a horse? When the gundams themselves can fly? Awesome
Over the top/redundant/nonsensical attack summons
Super saiyan gundams

I only ever saw bits and pieces when it was on cartoon network years ago.

Master Raven

Smash Master
G Gundam is so manly! It's really the first Gundam that I actually got into watching (I never got into any of the other ones, although I'm considering watching some of them sometime in the future, except for SEED. I thought that was awful and I don't even wanna watch SEED Destiny).

Equi

Smash Ace
Afro Thundah just wasted an hour fighitng Shakhan by putting the stupid **** Chu Chu/Jae Kwan in his party wasting an hour instead of putting Seibzhen in.

What a day.

Top Bottom