• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu: X Games It's Back on! Esam, Vinnie, M2K, Junebug, Logic, Mekos....Dabuz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I may be ignorant cuz i dont watch sports much but that's what i was referring too. Not other gaming communities lol.

In basketball or football they don't favor anyone...do they?
MLG is the closes professional gaming I have been close to and they don't favor one team over the other (halo 2 days).
And I understand what yall are saying and agree. Cuz we are human. I'n conclusion I think that PF and Esam are correct in the matter that people shouldn't disrespect a player no matter how sneaky it may be and treat everyone with equal respect.

@PF - It's okay man lol. U just got really loyal fans in VA/MD xD.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
What happens is that unless a team is on something like Monday Night Football/whatever popular basketball time there is or Sunday Night Baseball, they have the same commentators throughout their year. The Florida Marlins have the same 2 people for the whole year, the New York Yankees have the same people, the Colorado Rockies have the same people. If, let's say, it is a random wednesday night baseball game, Marlins vs Padres. It would air both in ATL South and Cali. THe poeple in Cali would hear commentators from San Diego, and the people in ATL South would hear Miami commentators. Whenever good stuff happens to the opposite team, the commentators are always less hype. If the opposing team hits a home run, they are like

"And that ball is gone"

as opposed to

"AND THAT BALL IS OUT OF HERE" (significantly louder and more excited)

And they are getting paid to do this. People have their biases, but they don't let it affect their commentary in a way that is actually detrimental to it. Again, back to my Nick Riddle example, I will be a lot more excited saying "And Nick Riddle wins 2-1" as opposed to "And Mr. R wins 2-1." Same concept.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Every time I see the name AshPikachu17, I can't help but laugh
ESAM u are a genius lmao

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
not gonna lie. I had no idea who ashpikachu was until like a week ago

Aposl

Smash Ace
I want hype commentary, that's about it. I want it to be entertaining and on point, if you bore me your going to be kicked off...

Unles you are entertaining everyone else, however if you are entertaining but talking about something completely irrelevant, get your own stream and make a vlog....

Esam you can be annoying to me sometimes but I love FL so imm let you have a shot

TKO you know your weakness but you are entertaining lets just keep it pro.

Coney, gotta stop letting people talk over you, don't be just there, gotta talk to have a presence.

Aposl you gotta be the best like no one ever was

anyone else I forgot to mention, its probably cuz im not gonna let you commentate :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Also Korn you gonna have that Pink hair, I think you should rock that if you come to the tourney XD.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
ummm. whatever "weakness" I had I was pretty sure I got rid of that.

the only thing I don't deal with now is matches with M2K in it when he's playing someone he is going to destroy. i mean there is no point in that being on stream.

I really wish you'd call me TKbro tho. just saying.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Sure, I rock with any colors :cool:

But really though.. I don't know anyone around here that going to Xanadu ;/ need a ride
Me, Max, Ryan & Beau are planning to go. I think Ryan might bail though (I'm not sure) You can ask Max about it

Aposl

Smash Ace
TKBro I was talking about your inability to commentate on boring matches LOL!!!

Mekos you cant commentate for dubs if your winning them silly

Korn you with normal hair color is officially banned from this event, come with a crazy color or I will show you the door! :cool:

Coney

Smash Master
Coney, gotta stop letting people talk over you, don't be just there, gotta talk to have a presence.
i agree, but most of it is because i think a lot of commentary teams are just two people trying to talk over one another, so i might overcompensate a little

no excuses though, i'll step it up

as VGBC'S OFFICIAL LEAD COMMENTATOR™ i might just skip singles, depends how i'm feeling that day

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Damn, with the amount of annoying people posting idk if I wanna subject myself to this in person.

:017:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i should go to a MD/VA tourney again. Havnt been to one in 3 years :laugh:

it wont be this one, but i'll be looking in 2012 for a hype one

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
EE talks over me all the time.....

Zak and TK was the glory days.

actually Zak + black person is usually always good.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
What, TK? What's wrong with alternating all day? KTAR revival team, endless call outs and second by second game play~!

And Zak always carries black people, haven't you seen his dubs matches with Pink!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Arguments over commentating every tournament that includes TKO, Coney, or EE.

Availjunior

Smash Cadet
I was the one who went to get pizza with you and little kaffei at Shell Shocked Korn(insert as many Ns as you want)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I wasn't arguing. and LOL at the call outs from KTAR

but naw I mean like you just usually cut me off like mid sentence so I was like aight I'm pretty irrelevant right now time to dip. lol

besides aposl is running this **** so I'm sure he is going to have the alternations down.

I KNOW YOU REMEMBER HOW YOU WAS CUTTING ME OFF DURING APEX 2 THO!

Aposl

Smash Ace
This needs to run on-time so people can get to my Bachelor party on-time

Thanks
I respect this, and wouldn't mind goin to Buffalo Wild Wangs myself.

So basically we need to do no pools and IF we do mid tiers, its definitely going to be only people not still in singles at the time of sign up because, unfortunately that holds things up way too long for mid tiers, which I REALLY DONT WANT TO DO AND MIGHT CANCEL!!!!

So if you guys really want pools let me know I will calculate your outcry into my decision.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Not a fan of pools, not to mention OOS has to drive home and Tants event is after~ Starting no later then 10, already called the place to give 'em a heads up, the UFC fight is gonna be on too, hype~!

I know TK, I get going on that hype too much sometimes, my bad lol.

if there aren't pools i'm not entering, but that's fine, i'll just do commentary
You'll still be seeded right tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom