• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

x_x...What's wrong with my Mewtwo? D:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Okay. Round one.

Ganon is all about spacing and knowing which moves to use and when. Ganondorf is basically a stronger, slower and floatier C. Falcon with several powerful killing moves against characters like... everyone actually... O.o

Before I go into details, might I impress on you to STOP using the U-Smash all the time? You are throwing it out far to often. It's a good move and looks way too sexy, but it's not Fox's U-Smash. Don't abuse it. throw it out MAYBE twice a match, if even that.

Don't stay below Ganondorf. Bad idea. Use the teleport more. It's a very safe move as long as it's not read. Pick and choose when you use the Shadowball. It's something I'm working on myself, but it's far more useful as a recovery intercept against characters with readable recoveries. To get specific...

0:55 should not have been a Shadowball. you wasted the move and didn't follow it up with anything that worked. (an U-Smash)

If you get another 1:53 chance in another match... D-Air for a spike. F-Air is a good move too, but all you did was save your opponent, as the knockback sends the foe straight up.

On Pokemon Stadium, when Ganondorf gets up to 125% or higher... go for an U-Throw. It's a kill move at proper %. (Taj has the exact #, but for that stage it's in the 120's...)

D-smash more, and use Baby Shadowballs to force an opening.

Stop charging into Ganondorf.

Overall you actually have good DI and technical skill. (A C. Falcon player maybe??) You just need to get a grip on Mewtwo.

Round two.

Right at the beggining, you're in control. Then you U-throw. T.T Don't U-Throw a non FF unless it's for a kill. All you did was give him a chance to gather his thoughts. D-Throw is safer so long as you wait for him to try to attack when he thinks you're coming immeadiatly.

When behind the foe... GRAB. Mewtwo's strongest games are his grab and tilts.

Mostly the same deal as round one. Just practice more and learn how to use the Disable lol.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
yeah all i can really add is less upsmash and you used u-throw alot when it wasn't appropriate.
You don't really want to give him time to gather his thoughts like shadowball said, because that just resets the situation. I have found that once Mewtwo gets inside on somebody like Ganondorf, he just gets combo'd to no end. (well at least my friends do)
also don't waste the fully charged shadowballs.
And i didn't see alot of edgeguarding, that helps A BUNCH especially with Ganon.

OrangeMewtwo1337

Smash Cadet
Good Mewtwo, but too much upsmash and not a whole lot of unexpected moves like confusion and disable that can throw off your opponent.

Edit: At 2:47 is the first video you could have easily shield grabbed him, but you dodged, and made an approach, which isn't one of mewtwo's strong points.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
You need to get better at wavedashing. You're too slow. I suggest going to FD and practicing wavedashing on it for a while. Be able to wavedash all the way back and forth multiple times very fast without messing up once. Also make sure you can wave dash back and forth quickly and not just in one direction quickly.

Just keep playing and things will come to you. There's nothing too fundamentally wrong with how you're playing. You might want to upsmash a bit less though, it's M2's most useless move.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I've found more use for confusion than I have upsmash in my years of play. Upsmash has low priority, low ko power, and leaves you very vulnerable. Confusion has a couple consistent uses.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
I've found more use for confusion than I have upsmash in my years of play. Upsmash has low priority, low ko power, and leaves you very vulnerable. Confusion has a couple consistent uses.
I've found that it has somewhat Medium priority, but the rest makes sense. I just never use confusion, that's the thing.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
As long as you're dtilting to grab, chucking shadow balls and edgeguarding with dsmash you're doing fine. The gay thing about Ganon is how he can space fairs and bairs and there's little for M2 to do about it. Utilt kind of can throw a wrench in his plans. But really, about all you can do is camp him, and maintain pristine spacing until an opportunity to capitalize with a grab presents itself.

Your Mewtwo is actually pretty nice. Keep it up.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I've found that it has somewhat Medium priority, but the rest makes sense. I just never use confusion, that's the thing.
Granted, it can beat a handful of moves, but most of the time, your upsmash is going to be beaten out by most down airs and a few choice non dair aerials like luigi's nair. Uptilt is a much better option for hitting enemies above you in just about every scenario due to better range and much less ending lag.

SDC

Smash Lord
i like your mew2, but your gonna have to be a bit faster, space a little better, and not allow yourself to get lured into your opponents combos. i know lol i have the same problems. you (like me, like us all who arent taj), need to improve your wavedashing, dguy had some good advice on that, and you've got better tech skill then me already lol so you should have no problem getting to that next level. as dguy said, go to fd in training and practice your *** off (thats what i'm doing right now lol, its helpin somewhat so far).
but yeah, keep practicing, and play smart. you really can't afford to make mistakes while playing as mew2. if you play smart you'll most likely be fine.
but i'm sure you know all this already, so all i can say now is, your good (better then me right now lol), and keep practicin and gettin better!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
i like your mew2, but your gonna have to be a bit faster, space a little better, and not allow yourself to get lured into your opponents combos. i know lol i have the same problems. you (like me, like us all who arent taj), need to improve your wavedashing, dguy had some good advice on that, and you've got better tech skill then me already lol so you should have no problem getting to that next level. as dguy said, go to fd in training and practice your *** off (thats what i'm doing right now lol, its helpin somewhat so far).
but yeah, keep practicing, and play smart. you really can't afford to make mistakes while playing as mew2. if you play smart you'll most likely be fine.
but i'm sure you know all this already, so all i can say now is, your good (better then me right now lol), and keep practicin and gettin better!

I'm not in you're like all of us statement. =D that is all!.. Tony you still owe me pizza! and yes.. i'm back!

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I don't owe you a **** THING. :p If anything I still have to continue JV 11stocking you in basketball, and coaxing you into boxing me. :chuckle:

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Haha, sorry. I was going to add a snippet for you, but I opted out of it. But since I'm here...

Don't pick Kongo Jungle as Mewtwo. It will be bad for you in the long run. I don't really have much else to say to you that hasn't been said already. EDIT: I take that back, I may reevaluate that stage against a character like Marth. Ganon may not be THAT bad on that stage since it has a large ceiling, but it is still double edged. I guess if you know what you're doing, then it isn't so bad, but at higher level it will definitely work against you more than it did in that match. Be prepared.

You need to be more efficient with your combo opportunities, you knock them away prematurely or you make poor choices in throws and edgeguards. Whenever you get opportunities, make them count!

It's what Mewtwo is all about, when you play better players, you basically get your *** kicked until that opportunity arrives and you need to be good enough to make the most of each and every one of them.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Yeah, other than getting a better feel for how to flow your down tilt combos with Mewtwo, it looked pretty good. Keep it up! :)

SDC

Smash Lord
lol everyone just waits with baited breath till taj posts on their "critique my mewtwo" thread lol.

whenever i look at taj's sig, i'm always surprised to see the "moderator" title. usually moderators are nothing more then obnoxious, *******-nuisances who just infract you for mispelling something or informing you that your post is slightly off-topic and any more and you will get infracted lol. but not taj (he talks, informs, and advises you on things that actually matter) and i think thats it: taj is just too good to be a mod :D. (cue taj giving me a warning me for offtopic post XD)

i do have something else i noticed in your vids, you seem to stop your combos and leave yourself vulnerable at key times in combos or while approaching. ganon punished you for this :(. i think most has been posted already, and taj already touched on this, but just make sure you don't throw yourself into the line of fire, as mewtwo will get punished for it. as i said before, good ****, and keep up the good work!

Blitz Falcon

Smash Apprentice
lol everyone just waits with baited breath till taj posts on their "critique my mewtwo" thread lol.

whenever i look at taj's sig, i'm always surprised to see the "moderator" title. usually moderators are nothing more then obnoxious, *******-nuisances who just infract you for mispelling something or informing you that your post is slightly off-topic and any more and you will get infracted lol. but not taj (he talks, informs, and advises you on things that actually matter) and i think thats it: taj is just too good to be a mod :D. (cue taj giving me a warning me for offtopic post XD)
That was kinda a hardcore *** kiss...

Your mewtwo is pretty good kidd.
I might get to play it. one day...
soon if you go to foxy's
I can tell you more then ^^

Vman, lol I like how you post nothing useful.

SDC

Smash Lord
That was kinda a hardcore *** kiss...

Your mewtwo is pretty good kidd.
I might get to play it. one day...
soon if you go to foxy's
I can tell you more then ^^

Vman, lol I like how you post nothing useful.
? no it wasnt, what i said is true. usually mods are major *******s and taj isnt. i was just pointing that out. is there somethin wrong with that? or am i just used to the brawl forums rofl? didnt mean to point that out in an "asskissin" manner. cmon man we all get bored and ramble sometimes. if you really really got a prob with it i'll edit it out to make you feel better lol.

cmon we all love vman. he, like quak, never wins anything, but...well....
jk jk vmans good lol, and we all enjoy quak tryin real hard. he puts in a good effort. but im not one to blow ****, i know quaks better then alot of us lol.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
hey hey hey......I do post useful stuff.. juet.. when i'm .......meh.. well maybe I don't.. XD... but hey noone's asked and most of the m2 players are asking Taj anyway... (I MEAN I'M BETTER THAN TAJ ANYWAY) but they ask him.. =p.... *<3 Tony*

but lol idk.. I kinda just watch.. and Tony's the main spotlight so if m2 players have questions they usually look up to him... if they want to ask me.. about m2. then i'm sure they would address me you know.. so yeah it's jus why i haven't responded to the other m2 players you know..on another note

M2 PLAYERS... updated m2 movie collection is STICKIED.. post there and post you're videos... so we can have a m2 movie collection...

"c'MON.. you're letting me/Taj down! =/

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
hey hey hey......I do post useful stuff.. juet.. when i'm .......meh.. well maybe I don't.. XD... but hey noone's asked and most of the m2 players are asking Taj anyway... (I MEAN I'M BETTER THAN TAJ ANYWAY) but they ask him.. =p.... *<3 Tony*

but lol idk.. I kinda just watch.. and Tony's the main spotlight so if m2 players have questions they usually look up to him... if they want to ask me.. about m2. then i'm sure they would address me you know.. so yeah it's jus why i haven't responded to the other m2 players you know..on another note

M2 PLAYERS... updated m2 movie collection is STICKIED.. post there and post you're videos... so we can have a m2 movie collection...

"c'MON.. you're letting me/Taj down! =/
Who are you I know every m2 player in the world and you sir are not one of them.

Penalty for impersonation or trying to lie, flamage by a thousand brawl noobs.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Vectorman is a legit M2 player, he just didn't post that much and he's trying to make himself more known right now.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Vectorman is a legit M2 player, he just didn't post that much and he's trying to make himself more known right now.
@Taj - at least SOME people know =p <3

@Iori... I know already..NO ONE'S heard of me.. than when they get handed to them.. it still means nothing.. I already know.. it's been like this for 2 years now.. =p

But you're right i'm an unknown...

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
@Taj - at least SOME people know =p <3

@Iori... I know already..NO ONE'S heard of me.. than when they get handed to them.. it still means nothing.. I already know.. it's been like this for 2 years now.. =p

But you're right i'm an unknown...
seriously vectorman I was kidding, I was make a reference to family guy is all. I seen your handy work before and you are pretty good. I was only commenting on you saying you were as good as taj or something like that. Eh I figured no one came to the m2 boards, so I figured wth lets be fun and yeah next time I will add jk to the end.

SDC

Smash Lord
lol im not crazy about family guy right now, the first three seasons were better (i actually have the dvds of those) but the new ones are ok, but im getting a little sick of it right now (its getting overexposed). yall should care about the boondocks instead :D, much better show lol.
heres a crazy *** clip, if you dont watch the show you probably wont know whats goin on, but its still funny lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxHIf4Hqj8
heres a hint to whats wrong with the guy, hes possessed :O

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
hmm the joke was meant for vectorman so <.< yeah. The remedy to the situation watch more family guy XD cures diseases.
Hey Iori ^^; sorry.. yeah i'm with Taj on this side.. I recently just started watching family guy for real.. (can't believe i've missed out on so much) so yeah i didn't know..

As for me.. I wasn't really upset.. =p

Just alot of people gimme garbo =/ it's not cool.. I' think im' a good M2 player =D

and Yes i'm better than Taj.. LMAO! <3 TONY

Top Bottom