• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think I'm more-or-less done with Brawl, myself. I imagine I'll play when it's around, but outside of playing with motivated people in my area or setups around other games, I don't really plan on actively making contributions to it anymore. Too many fundamental problems at this point to make me care about improving.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
How come people just haven't moved to P:M? It's a pretty fun game. Link too fun.

I personally am taking a break from PT. I feel like no matter what, the level at which I play him will remain the same no matter how much practice I put into him now. I've recently gotten the courage to play my Toon Link again and motivation to try and play better with him. I'm slowly making improvements and I'm actually having fun with brawl for the first time in years. I haven't tested him out in tournament play yet, I'm just sticking to friendlies, but this year I'm going to. I'm pretty excited.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Some characters I can't play to save my life, lol. Sonic's my worst; I tried to learn him for a time and gave up :(.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Oh, I'm definitely spending a lot of time focusing on Project M. A big issue is that people seem to refuse to go to Project M events unless there's also a Brawl or Melee event. Nobody seems willing to consider it as a game to focus on primarily, which is sad, since it's already significantly better than Brawl and Melee, I feel.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I haven't played P:M a lot, but speaking in terms of playing Link, I find P:M Link better than Melee and Brawl Link. 64 Link is still my favorite because of his bombing capabilities, but P:M Link is right next to him though. P:M Link has a good mixture of feel from 64 and from Brawl. I can move around a lot better, throw bombs/boomerangs more accurately, and I can mix tricks from 64 and Brawl together to make some sweet combinations. It's a really great feeling.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Huh?

Hey Bomber want to play wifi?

Edit, I added you.

@Reflex, do you play wifi?

AllisFail is fail again.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Huh?

Hey Bomber want to play wifi?

Edit, I added you.

@Reflex, do you play wifi?

AllisFail is fail again.
Sorry man. It's a bit late for me to play wifi. I have to be up bright an early tomorrow for school. Maybe this weekend?

Rizen

Smash Legend
No problem.

I'd wifi anyone if you're in the MW/WC US, South mid Canada or North Mexico.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex why do you think PM is better than Melee, I think thats a pretty bold statement.

Not looking to argue, just curious about your thoughts.
Melee puts an emphasis on a lot of mechanics that are straight-up poor game design. Ledgehop stuff overshadows all the other ledge options coded into the game, huge ledge occupancy window makes edgehogging mindless, a higher number of obnoxious hitboxes (I shouldn't be able to dash grab people when they're outright behind me), technical skill outweighing most other types of skill until rather high levels of play, less variety in viable stages/characters...There are a lot of reasons, really.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
P:M has :006:.

What other argument(s) do you need?

:006:

In all seriousness, I've never played P:M, so my opinion is irrelevant.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey everyone. Name's Swamp! I'm a bit new here. I main PT but I've never really gotten into the competitive scene. I want to now. So I'll be frequenting these forums quite a bit. So, just wanted to introduce myself. :D

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thanks everyone! Hope to have fun here.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
We're not that active. Activity here is more spontaneous than anything.

Welcome to the board nonetheless.

Listen to everything Reflex says and you will be fine, otherwise, good luck with your smash carrier. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...what's your favorite of the three Pokemon?

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
My favorite is Ivysaur in terms of how comfortable I am with her.

Charizard is easily the most fun to use though :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ivysaur, then Squirtle, then Charizard. I don't really like Charizard, and it's a shame that Ivysaur is actively bad.

Top Bottom