• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
zard from 0 to 87 or so, but only at 0. so make sure you take some damage. if you do i think footstool is how you get out early.

squirtle from 0 to 40 or something

i don't think ivy can be cg'd

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wow that looks like it really hurts MK which is awesome.
All they have to do is use their tornado higher or vary the timing that they come in, like they do in real life, and it becomes close to useless against him.

Other characters, sure--Lucario suffers from this, as well as other really safe characters. Peach, maybe.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
EPISODE 1 OF MY NEW LET'S PLAY SERIES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61e48OGmfo0

POKEMON BLUE COMPETITIVE NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE

coincidentally it is also the last episode of pokemon blue competitive nuzlocke challenge...

if you like it, share with your friends! it'll get better. this isn't my last vid.

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
I'll give it a try when I'm not about to fall alseep on the keyboard.

I was thinking about doing more strips like that one, but then I realized that I don't have any more ideas other than "Pikachu is cheap". But that's not an idea, it's a fact.

For all Pika mains out there, c'mon. He's one of my secondaries, he's fun to play as and he takes effort, yeah, but honestly. Pikachu is cheap.

EDIT:

BTW, when playing with Ness, I once reflected Charizard's rock smash with FSmash. I have no idea what happened there, and I haven't tried to reproduce it. But Ness didn't take any damage, and Zard took some massive damage that couldn't be just the bat damage alone. Was Charizard's rock supposed to be reflect-able, or did something weird happen there?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm not sure if it's reflectable by Fox/Falco/Wolf, but I've seen Ness reflect it before. It technically has some projectile properties.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Link's Hylian Shield can block the rock shards the touch it.

Do many PTs SH flamethrower? I catch a lot of people on wifi that way.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't wavebounce my Flamethrower as much anymore, I think it's really nice since it can catch the opponent off guard, but whenever I do it, it brings me close to the opponent and I find myself getting punished earlier and doing less damage. It might just be a personal problem, but It's not used too much by me.
As to the Rock Smash being reflected, it's never happened to me before, I never noticed it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
*Sees social title*

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Trace / Modest
252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk. / 4 Sp. Def.
~ Shock Wave
~ Thunder Wave
~ Psychic
~ Protect / Will-o-Wisp

*Leaves*

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
*Sees social title*

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Trace / Modest
252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk. / 4 Sp. Def.
~ Shock Wave
~ Thunder Wave
~ Psychic
~ Protect / Will-o-Wisp

*Leaves*
Nope, you'll get wrecked. :)

Yooo, typh!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Doubtful. If you bring in Gardevoir on the turn Octillery switches in, you turn Inconsistent against your opponent's team. Octillery can't hit Gardevoir, but Gardevoir can hit Octillery. Also, Gardevoir has bulk.

Hi Pokemon Trainer boards! XD

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Doubtful. If you bring in Gardevoir on the turn Octillery switches in, you turn Inconsistent against your opponent's team. Octillery can't hit Gardevoir, but Gardevoir can hit Octillery. Also, Gardevoir has bulk.

<3 Phiddlesticks

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
man i havent played pokemon online in like 2.5 years now for the same reasons as t-block

the only pokemon games i play nowadays are snap/stadium/stadium 2/puzzle league

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Inconsistent has a random chance of boosting evasion, so it falls under their Evasion Clause. :3

lol Puzzle League. I did buy that off the VC a while back, but then I realized I couldn't see the blue pieces because my TV's picture was so garbage DX

I have the other 3 games too. So good.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Are you joking?

It was a dumb gimmick.

It was a good call. No skill involved.
To be honest, I don't see a great distinction between it and Serene Grace flinch-hax. There are ways around both of them, of course, but how can you say, "It should be banned because it's entirely luck-based" and allow **** like Jirachi to flinch a Magnezone to death?

We can't be bothered to use never-miss moves, Psych Up, Heart Swap, a good pseudo-hazer, or Clear Smog, I guess. Too much trouble.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol, the Link boards have the latest pokemon info.

How does Charazard's glide work? I accidentally glided and died because upB didn't work afterward. It probably was wifi lag. Can Char jump or aerial attack like Fair after gliding if he has jumps remaining. Can I cancel glide without glide attacking?

^You should see Monster Hunter Tri's damage formula, lol.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
it's such a cheesy tactic.

yeah, it's counterable (lol not a word) with something like the move clear smog but honestly a team's resources are so limited when you consider how many moves and pokemon there are...it's really silly to have to dedicate a slot of your team for such a lame tactic like this when you also have swords dance garchomps running around and the like. the difference between choice band garchomp and sudden impulse is that garchomp doesn't rely on luck to set up and destroy your team.

in conclusion competitive pokemon is stupid

Top Bottom