• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Just don't approach, I hardly ever approach with charizard and if I do, it's a speedy grab.

now, back on topic.

ZIG, Bowser is just a pimped down version of Chariiiiiiiii

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm curious why you like Bowser better? Not that I'm an expert on either but Char seems better.
I love Bowser's grab releases as well as his overall defensive play. More so than anything, though, is his jab canceling. Bowser's a great character to see how your opponent reacts to the first jab and then punish accordingly. Running away? Dash grab or dash Klaw. Spotdodging? Fsmash or dash upsmash. SDIing into you? Regrab, dtilt, Klaw, jab, Bowser Bomb. He's a very rewarding character to play in that your opponent can't "autopilot" against you. If they misspace attacks, it leads to an fsmash. I've caught tons of Snakes and MKs mindlessly ftilting me only to get an fsmash to the face. Bowser leans back a bit when he begins his fmash, so it can be used as an evade-and-counter on a LOT of moves. Most rewarding is dodging a Marth fsmash with a perfectly spaced Bowser fsmash. :)

In general, I just naturally play Bowser better than Charizard.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
i FINALLY watched princess and the frog lol

i'm very satisfied
About time, Mike! I looooove that movie, haha.

Today I used my Best Buy giftcard I got for Christmas to buy a bug's life and Cars on Blu-ray. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Did I play you on the ladder?

Happy holidays! I got some art 'manikins' to help model proportions and other good stuff. But now my hands are cramping from computer work, SSBB ladder and drawing so i'm trying not to use them except for a little keyboard 'pecking' typing. I wish people would give me money$ because I've reserved games and need to pay for them lol.
My PT is half decent, at least I understand how he works now. Is there a place where PT mains wifi, like an Xat room? It'd be great to get advice on my PT from a PT main. Eventually I aim to be at least ok with every character.

Edit response to Ingoro
Thanks
Online size restrictions hurt the image quality, this is closer to how I wanted my signature to look. I'll have better poses with art manikins for reference.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Oooo art, show me ya stuff! regarding anything about Pt I would always love to help and answer questions. I'm in the xat Spiritsmashers every single evening trough the workweek, but I'm european so keep that in mind :)

regarding any contact, everyone is free to mail me on rogierstam2@hotmail.com or add me on MSN messenger.

Regarding Wi-fi, I stopped playing PT online since it messes up my timings with hydroplaning squirtle to much.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I got Avid Media Composer 5 and a HP workstation, complete with dual screen monitors. :)

Caasi11

Smash Cadet
^Did I play you on the ladder?
Well, yes I did (as of now, I still am) but not doing so good due to Marths, lag, and a lack of technical skill when it comes to pulling off ATs. While many people I've played say that I'm a pretty good PT, I still need a lot of improvement in several areas.

That and I have nobody good to play against offline nor any capture equipment to record my matches to be critiqued, so I really can't improve by that much. :c

T-block

B2B TST
That sounds like quite the haul, Chris o.o

Coolest things I got were a George Foreman grill (I'm moving away from home in a few days for 8 months, so it's pretty sweet) and a Mario 25th anniversary Wii, since our old one can't read discs anymore, which means I can take our old one with me =D

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Lol wow you got like a barbeque? I got a

<Chelsea Grin Sweater and some really nice headphones and some giftcards to a music store.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yea I watched the princess and the frog over this weekend also

That is probably the best movie I seen in 2010

if its not the absolute best it is definitely the best disney animated one.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yea I watched the princess and the frog over this weekend also

That is probably the best movie I seen in 2010

if its not the absolute best it is definitely the best disney animated one.
This man is LEGIT.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Well, yes I did (as of now, I still am) but not doing so good due to Marths, lag, and a lack of technical skill when it comes to pulling off ATs. While many people I've played say that I'm a pretty good PT, I still need a lot of improvement in several areas.

That and I have nobody good to play against offline nor any capture equipment to record my matches to be critiqued, so I really can't improve by that much. :c
I've had a loosing streak from SDing 5 times:urg:. I should have stopped when my hands started to hurt, I airdodged when trying to recover twice. And people CP MK, Marth, ICs, DDD, and other killer MUs but low tiers have to accept hard matches. MK is soooo cheap:mad:.
My state is big with scattered smash scenes so I'm also solely wifi at this point. If you want to wifi leave me a message. You could help my PT and vice versa. Although, most characters I can only fake their metagame so it's not good MU practice:ohwell:.

Caasi11

Smash Cadet
^ I guess I could try and help your PT, but I'm new to critiquing and need help myself. I could sure try and I CAN tell you a couple quirks where I can, so why not? :bee:

I'll be hanging around the ladder later tomorrow, so send me a message my way if you want to do some friendlies.

Top Bottom