• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I didn't know this. What a sad day. :(
Yeah, I go all Bowser now.

I just realized that my PT plays with a lot of habits, and I adapt much better as Bowser. That coupled with my realization that all the better PTs I've played--you, typh, and Magik--are a more natural fit for PT influenced me to drop him.

T-block

B2B TST
brb introducing zigsta to the definition of "co-main"

It's definitely not a good idea to start Squirtle no matter what the matchup is... as you said, stage and opponent's character are two big factors to take into consideration when choosing your starter.

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
Lately I've been using Ness more and more, and I think that right now I'm better at Ness than PT. Both are fun and awesome, so I'm not quite sure which one I should use next time I go to a tourney.

As for the starter, it really depends on who the foe is, but Squirtle is the safest choice. If its a good matchup for him - great, he can kill. If not, he can deal some damage, and then switch to Ivy, and Ivy should be able to finish the enemy off. Up Air kills at incredibly unfair %s.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Since we're on the topic I second Marth (not that i'm any good at this game, pretty much no scene here). Also I like starting as Zard because winning the first stock is important and Zard is heavier. I know that Squitrle is better and thus I should have an easier time getting first stock with Squirtle but I just feel more confident as Zard sometimes.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
since we are on the topic of co-mains

I really only use PT in first round of tourney

or after I smashed some scrub with Kirby

I get a bracket image...lolol

plus it helps my character success rating

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Saskatoon... have you ever played with Rob then? IDK what he goes by now... Blitz/Red?
Yeah I have tried to come to weeklies, but I haven't actually played anyone outside mybrother and friend. We don't have a good place to play, that's the main problem.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Meh, you guys already know my story. Toon Link for now on and occasionally PT is I can if I go to tournies.

:101: Look at what I found!!! :D

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah I have tried to come to weeklies, but I haven't actually played anyone outside mybrother and friend. We don't have a good place to play, that's the main problem.
Aww well keep trying... playing with a lot of people makes Smash 5017x more enjoyable. I dunno how alive the Sask Brawl scene is anymore... been a while since I've talked to any of them. But say hi for me if you ever do get to play them.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Haha, me and my friend go into tourney mode and when you leave it at default it`s all human players as random characters, good for recreational fun.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Well, at least I'm not the only one who leads differently.

I actually was maining DK and Kirby for a while, but lately I've used PT more and more to the point that I'm just going to secondary DK and main PT, since I can use DK really well against three characters I don't do so very well against with PT: Wario, MK and Marth.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Well, at least I'm not the only one who leads differently.

I actually was maining DK and Kirby for a while, but lately I've used PT more and more to the point that I'm just going to secondary DK and main PT, since I can use DK really well against three characters I don't do so very well against with PT: Wario, MK and Marth.
That is really fortunate for you. I think that this will work out well for you.

toooooooooooooooooby.

Chipotleeeeeeeee.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
who is going to get a hug from me at mlg dallas mothasuckas

miles buy a plane ticket real quick you can be zangief and i'll be fuerte and we'll be grabbin at each other ALL OVER THE PLACE

Magik0722

Smash Champion
It will be decided in the next few hours if im going to mlg dallas

if i do go its also unlikely that i will be placing that high since, i didnt think i was going to be able to go after all and didnt order my wired classic controller so ill have to be playing gamecube controller.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I was thinking of hitchhiking to MLG Dallas. Since I really dont have any other conventional way of getting to Texas. :/

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I would love to go though : / we've got a tournament half of december, 60 people it filled within 2 days of the announcement. That's lotsa hype for such a small country like us, I think they even signed in Orion without asking if he wanted to join.

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
So I'm looking around and there might be a tourney here in a couple weeks, I will probably go but I will probably play as Ness. If I do play PT I will let you guys know how it went. x]

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Since this is the social thread, yesterday evening I broke up with my girlfriend of nearly 2 years, most emotional night ever, I still feel bad about it and I feel so sorry for her but I'm not taking her back. I tell pretty much tell everyone this today, so sorry guys lol i just need to get it out as much possible

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Since this is the social thread, yesterday evening I broke up with my girlfriend of nearly 2 years, most emotional night ever, I still feel bad about it and I feel so sorry for her but I'm not taking her back. I tell pretty much tell everyone this today, so sorry guys lol i just need to get it out as much possible
I know what you mean man. I broke up with my ex after almost 2 1/2 years last November because of serious personal issues. It wasn't fun. I was crying the whole time (and it takes ALOT to make me cry).

Welcome aboard good buddy. Welcome to the Men's Club. :bee:

You are among friends.

Top Bottom