• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's a good thing I live on super-east Alabama/super-west Georgia. At the very least, I get one Georgia tournament and one Alabama tournament a month; sometimes more if I'm lucky.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Besides the fact that Unmods aren't supposed to have that power, I couldn't re-open the thread if I wanted to, and I can't post in closed threads? If anything I'd be utterly confused by the thread being closed after what I had posted. "WTF HE CANT DO THAT" would have crossed my mind.

Why I was able to close it was a huge failure oversight by the admin that created my usergroup.

Also, unless I'm forgetting how vB works, I actually do have my very own usergroup. Either that or vB has a by-user permission mask (these are usually for groups, and you can change a persons permission mask regardless of group but thats more work than just making a new group tbh) which is why this happened. Whatever usergroup I was based off of (likely moderator) has the ability to close their own threads.

Actually, based on that error - that's not even a permission mask and a personal permission mask wouldnt even make sense... I'm on a Members+Debater permission mask, (was on Smash Researcher but I quit)

Forgot users can have multiple masks.... so I have my own usergroup.... I'd assume, unless EVERY unmod was able to close their own threads but didn't realize it or something.

:nifty::leek:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'll do that MM with kaak and you can watch : D

Anyways, I think there is a slight misunderstanding. With "my everything", I mean the characters I actually play. Falco, ZSS and MK. I wasn't saying I'll beat kaak with ****ing ganondorf or something lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
blah, blah, blah tournament stuff

blah, blah, blah thread closing dispute

blah, blah, blah guy posting blah too much.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yo bomber, what up?
Sitting at Starbucks at school trying to warm up(though for a coffee shop, it is pretty **** cold). I have no cash on me so I can't warm up with one of their awesome hot chocolates. Other than that, I'm waiting for 8am so I can go to English class.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Been up since 6 in the morning, it's 14:45 here now. I'm working @ MimicMedia ( which is my internship located in Amsterdam) I got roughly 2 more hours till I got weekend :D

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
Post fliers around town and host one yourself. See what happens.
Man, if I knew people would be interested, I even might do that. But I have no idea if it would work. Next time I find one to go, I will ask around, see if people would be up for another tourney.

Bomber, I'll let you know when the time comes, but I don't know if there's anyone from this area on the forum. There are barely any Brazilian players here and Brazil is a quite big place :urg:

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
Indeed.

Anyone else here has the habit of cancelling Squirtle's jab into a down tilt? I find it easier than grabbing (I do it right most times, but when I do it wrong, I'm wasting an opportunity of doing more damage and thats always bad), and in the end the damage is close to what you would get from grabbing

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
I see. When I have time to think about what I will do next I usually cancel into something. Jab does 9% damage total, but if you cancel the first hit into an up throw (at early %s, otherwise I would use down throw for a KO) its 14%, and between 12-16% if I do a down tilt instead. And then there's usually time to follow with an aerial depending on who you're fighting.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If you guys set me up with an eduction in the states next year ( not joking ) I'll atend all your tournaments :)
get your education in the south. It's where the majority of us are. Primarily Texas. Random Louisiana for me (wouldn't recommend unless you love to party). Alabama/Georgia for Reflex. And whoever else in whatever other state. I'm too lazy to typh much more.

Edit: Though if you decided to get your education in Louisiana, I would definitely get back into the smash scene. It would be nice to have someone to practice with and get my but back into gear. Sorry Zigsta but you are just too far away man and when you are in town, I'm kinda busy. D:

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I finish my eduction summer 2011 and I'm really interested in returning to America and study for a year ( or longer there) apart from the states with other pokemon trainer players. I 'm looking for a school who teaches game art/design.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I finish my eduction summer 2011 and I'm really interested in returning to America and study for a year ( or longer there) apart from the states with other pokemon trainer players. I 'm looking for a school who teaches game art/design.
Right after I made my post I actually came to the conclusion you would say that. Quite honestly I think you want to go to a university in California. I hear they have great programs for media. Film, graphic design, etc.

Looks like I will be sitting out still. :c

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
if I'm going (that's a big if, it's a hell making something like it happen) I would probably stay near the east coast, coz if I go west or south I would have to travel like twice as long.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
So I've decided I'm going to use only PT at PolyTech 5 in NYC this Thanksgiving weekend (27th, I think). So, yeah, *crosses fingers* hopefully I do well.

With that said, I have a question. Does anyone else not lead with Squirtle all the time when using PT? I sometimes lead with Ivy or Zard (depending on who I'm playing) instead of Squirtle. For example, I like to CP people to Frigate if I can, since it tends to be the stage I do best on for some reason, but anyways when playing on Frigate, I'll usually start with Zard so I can try to avoid using Ivy as much as possible (due to the lack of the right ledge on Transformation 1). Plus, I sometimes find it useful to rack up damage with Charizard, then switch to Squirtle to finish with f-airs, down throw, up smash, or what have you.

It's probably just me, but I'm wondering.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Texas A&M actually has a very good animation department.
Woah hey wait what? It does?

I will look into that probably. I'm still undecided but I've been thinking of going into animation. I'm getting into drawing my silly little cartoons again but would love to actually develop my art skills not only by hand but digitally too.

Though the situation I'm in, I don't think I could afford to go out of state for college.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So I've decided I'm going to use only PT at PolyTech 5 in NYC this Thanksgiving weekend (27th, I think). So, yeah, *crosses fingers* hopefully I do well.

With that said, I have a question. Does anyone else not lead with Squirtle all the time when using PT? I sometimes lead with Ivy or Zard (depending on who I'm playing) instead of Squirtle. For example, I like to CP people to Frigate if I can, since it tends to be the stage I do best on for some reason, but anyways when playing on Frigate, I'll usually start with Zard so I can try to avoid using Ivy as much as possible (due to the lack of the right ledge on Transformation 1). Plus, I sometimes find it useful to rack up damage with Charizard, then switch to Squirtle to finish with f-airs, down throw, up smash, or what have you.

It really depends on the matchup. I use Ivysaur first in certain matchups, like DK or some Snakes. I can understand stage trouble, too, but it's never really bothered me.

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet

I'd usually rather start with Ivysaur than Squirtle, but thats just me, because Squirtle isn't my best poké.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I never start with Char, but my Char sucks. I usually just start with Squirtle, but I've tried Ivy too, because he's just so cool to play : D

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
When I used PT, I started Ivysaur against Yoshi and Fox. I started Charizard against DK, Bowser, Shiek, Kirby, and D3.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Top Bottom