• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
that guy was a ****ing genius. to have that sense of humor and artistic ability in the 1700s (or whatever) is just **** awesome.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
congrats man. did you show her the scene in remember the titans with sunshine and ryan hurst in the locker room?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Haha, nope.

But I did take her to Disneyland for her first time.

humble

Smash Ace
Played online today, got compliments on my ivy but people kept complaining that I lag bad. How do I cut down on lag?

T-block

B2B TST
I'm pretty sure I've seen a guide to reducing lag somewhere on these boards ages ago. Try googling it? I think it involved opening a few ports on your router.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I'd agree with that statement. You land so many more rock smashes in teams. Feels good.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I think the only viable Pokemon of the three in doubles is Squirtle. He's great at support, and it's much more difficult for your opponent to keep up with Squirtle's antics when they have your partner to deal with. Plus Water Gun sets up some silly combos.

All in all though, we're not THAT good at doubles. That said, with the right partner, it's harder for enemies to plank/camp us to fatigue us than in singles.

Venusaur Trainer

Smash Rookie
Who would be PT's most viable partner in double?
He's not a good character to abuse Lucas' Psy Magnet or GaW's bucket (only Charizard can trigger these I think - what about Water Gun and Razor leaf?). Ivysaur can surely benefit from a good edge game.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Who would be PT's most viable partner in double?
He's not a good character to abuse Lucas' Psy Magnet or GaW's bucket (only Charizard can trigger these I think - what about Water Gun and Razor leaf?). Ivysaur can surely benefit from a good edge game.
I don't really agree with everyone else I feel like theres not enough room for squirtle to move around....Ivy has literally 2 people to gimp him....and zard gets team abused.

PT in doubles is rough and overall you can do it but isn'tbad enough that we already have rough matchups to overcome.....what happens when the infamous grand finals double MK or ZSS & GnW fight you.

Two bad matchups to choose between makes me not like PT in doubles, but hey it's jus imo

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
squirtle is okay. his weight and recovery really holds him back to a support role though. none of the three can carry a team, which is why i think magik feels the way he does. doesn't mean PT can't be used effectively in doubles...but there's so many other characters that can support well and don't require an insanely good and adaptable partner to function well...

humble

Smash Ace
I'm of two minds on ivy in doubles. On the one hand, ivy has alot of really good moves for it, that lead into your teammate, or work well in 2v1, so really it comes down to whether or not your teammate can help you recover or your opponents can gimp you. With a great partner, ivy is better in doubles.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ivy is better in doubles than in singles, hands down. Bullet seed team combos are amazing when done with the right team partner. Ivy's grab is also seperate from her body, so she's less susceptible to get hit if your team mate hit's them while you're holding them.

And Typhdash in teams is GDLK.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I guess I have the opposite scenario as you Miles because honestly I feel like in teams you have a much higher opportunity of looking two bad matchups for PT down the barrel then in singles where its one.

Trying to deal with a bad matchup and everything you have to do to get around it is bad enough in singles......put an MK and snake against a PT in doubles and its jus generally a nightmare to me

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
PT is a solid character if the character's partner can do a majority of the fighting.

Squirtle can hold stocks and support his partner with hit-and-run tactics.

Ivysaur has Bullet Seed silliness and long-range pokes to disrupt fights, as well as really powerful moves that are easier to land in Doubles.

Charizard has many ways to disrupt fighting and can keep himself relatively safe with smart use of Flamethrower and Fly.

This is oversimplified, but, in general, PT is not a bad choice for holding stocks if your partner plays super-aggresively.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Ok guys so as of tomorrow morning Im leaving LI for my summer job till the beginning of august and I wont be around the board that much at all.

I'm sure no one cares to much but Im actually taking my wii with me and training my partner in brawl again so it's not like Im leaving the game, but this time I don't wanna disappear from the boards and go back to no name status. When I get back I plan on getting to tournies again asap and following up my recent top 10 placing.

So I just hope this time around I'll be missed lol cause you guys all know I <3 the PT boards.....especially miles wherever the hell he ended up......MILES!!!!!

Top Bottom