• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP XIII: Apocalypse Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Looks like I won't be able to make this in time. Oh well! I'll probably finish on my own time and submit it to Creative Minds for feedback and stuff.

Best of luck to the entrants!

tekkie

Smash Master
i've got this so hard, i hope i dont forget if i dont submit on the 31st someone remind me lol

edit: its about a group of unlikely heroes fighting against a virus outbreak that spreads when people touch (kind of like zombies i guess ^^; ) as they try to escape and trying to find a cure in a remote laboratory oh and one of the protaginists is an elf and another is a neko (cat-girl) the rest are humans :D

-Final-

Aria♪
haha Cat-girl + Elf in an Apocalypse story's going to be wierd. I guess it could work, though.

I'm actually getting in some decent progress in my story, and it should be done by the deadline. I'll still be cutting it close word-count-wise, though...

:quill:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Mmm, wish I hadn't procrastinated so long. Also taking a pretty big risk with mine, hopefully it will remain appropriate and on prompt.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
When we finish our final drafts, do you want us to just edit our rough threads and label them (final)?

If yes, do you lock the threads once that happens?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
When we finish our final drafts, do you want us to just edit our rough threads and label them (final)?

If yes, do you lock the threads once that happens?
Yes, once you've made all the changes to your rough draft, just add "FINAL" into the title. We'll wait until the end of the revision phase before we lock all the threads.

is there like a formatting guide somewhere around here?
Formatting in terms of what?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Formatting in terms of what?
After checking out his thread/entry, I think he means paragraphs and whatnot.

Tekkie, just put a space between paragraphs. Unfortunately, Word formatting doesn't carry over, so when I (and others) post a story on SWF, I ignore indents and simply put a space between paragraphs.

Also, and this is only my opinion, it'd be good if people didn't put
tags around their entries because if somebody else quotes your post, your story doesn't show up. It adds an extra step for anybody who wants to comment on specific parts of your story since they have to copy and paste it from your original post.

-Final-

Aria♪
yay. 9000 words down, 3000 to go............ wait..................s***.

I'm going to have to seriously cut this thing down. It doesn't matter if the rough draft is over 10000 words, does it? As long as the final draft is under the word limit?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
yay. 9000 words down, 3000 to go............ wait..................s***.

I'm going to have to seriously cut this thing down. It doesn't matter if the rough draft is over 10000 words, does it? As long as the final draft is under the word limit?

Correct .

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
THE ROUGH DRAFT SUBMISSION PHASE IS CLOSED. NO NEW STORIES WILL BE ALLOWED.

The following stories are open for critiques:

Our One True Freedom by Final63
The Final Judgement by The Phazon Assassin
The Bensch Device by tekkie
Animals by Dark Horse
My Claire by DerpDaBerp
The Dead Flag by Virgilijus
Pumpkin by Goldshadow
Him by MARaTHonman
Title in Progress by camerino1

The following contestants have already commented on another contestant's story. If your name is not on this list, be sure to comment on at least one other story by August 15th!

Goldshadow
Tekkie
Final63
camerino1
MARaTHonman
Dark Horse

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
LT, you should post your story anyway, even if it can't be judged. You've talked about it so much I'm curious to see it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Also, I hate to out Virg his rough draft entry is literally the lyrics from the song that is inspiring his story.

If that is acceptable, I would have absolutely no qualms of entering my own 1/4 finished story.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Also, I hate to out Virg his rough draft entry is literally the lyrics from the song that is inspiring his story.

If that is acceptable, I would have absolutely no qualms of entering my own 1/4 finished story.
Well, he posted the link right in his thread too...
Hence why I said it was a very, very rough draft and heavily influenced. Making the rough draft deadline was warranted as more important than completing the story and getting it close to finalized.

-Final-

Aria♪
Pssh. I didn't finish a full draft by the deadline, and I still submitted what I had. Hell, I didn't even finish it until this morning. I probably could have done some crappy job and finished it, but I decided not to.

Speaking of which, my story should be updated with the full version tonight (after I have the time to type up what I've written).

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
The first draft is always crap. Always. It is much more important to finish whatever crap you have and get it down and edit to your hearts content in the days after than to not submit at all. ANd that's not just my opinion; it's Hemingway's and I tend to agree with him.

-Final-

Aria♪
Most of the time I like to figure out every detail of my story and what works best before I even start writing. I obviously do have to change quite a few things later on, though.

I didn't have time to do that this time, though, which is why my story is just meh in my opinion. :/

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Most of the time I like to figure out every detail of my story and what works best before I even start writing. I obviously do have to change quite a few things later on, though.

I didn't have time to do that this time, though, which is why my story is just meh in my opinion. :/

I think this isn't a great way to write. Writing is writing, it's not just pre-planning. I find it very difficult to forge a connection with my characters when I'm lining out their entire existence on a time-line or brainstorm sheet before I even meet them.

-Final-

Aria♪
Meh, maybe I'm just weird, because I feel the exact opposite way about it. :/

Oh fail. I procrastinate too much and get distracted by other things. Finished story will be up tomorrow. :V

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The best story I've written was one where I knew exactly what I was going to write before I started. I got about 1/4 into it, realized it sucked and started over with no plan. The second version was 34 times better than the first.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
The first draft is always crap. Always. It is much more important to finish whatever crap you have and get it down and edit to your hearts content in the days after than to not submit at all. ANd that's not just my opinion; it's Hemingway's and I tend to agree with him.
Although in my experience I find this to be truer for longer works as opposed to short stories, the point still stands. Listen to Virg, the man knows what he's talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom