• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP 6 -- Exercise Your Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
C'mon guys, I'm winning by default here. Step it up. I should never, ever win a writing contest.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you're still following the prompt, I won't take off points. I can't speak for Matt or Virgilijus.

RDK

Smash Hero
This is such a great prompt.

I think it's time to get back in the game.

Matt

Banned via Administration
A week to go!

Translated for all the lazy folks: Six and a half more days to laze around and half a day of panicked writing to go!

Handorin

Smash Hero
A week to go!

Translated for all the lazy folks: Six and a half more days to laze around and half a day of panicked writing to go!
That's me. Only I might actually might not write anything at all because Im that lazy.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Maybe we should start a "Scav Hall of Shame" for people who don't deliver on what they promise. Such as certain writers :p

On a related note: Handorin, if you're not writing an entry, I'm going to edit your title to remove the WWYP. We've had judges get confused by including entries that were, in fact, unfinished.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think there is a slight chance I won't make the deadline, even with my time zone advantage.

I've done a 1000 words so far, and was planning to continue last night when I had the sudden urge to start programming my own 'Phoenix Wright' style lawyer game based around SSBM.

Gannondorf naturally is the prosecutor.

Er...Hopefully I'll be able to get something down tonight and NOT become the first 'Scav hall of shamer'. Either way I will submit it, late or otherwise.

(EDIT: I think this around about the time we usually all start complaining and petition for an extra week rofl.)

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm thinkin' I'll enter the next WWYP, if the prompt is any good.
(Like this superawesomehowcleverofBlackaddertocomeupwithsomthingthissuperawesomecleverideaforapromptmygodIthinkIwannagivetheguyablowortwoorthree).
With any luck, I'll come a decent place, and compensate for my cheap win of the Nano WWYP. :laugh:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just posted the result of 3.5 hours and 2500 words worth of work.

I think most people will realise what I tried to achieve.

I won't apologise though, that won't make my story any better so my only excuse is:

I thought I had a few extra days :( The date post confused me at first, something about August 12th made me go WTF?

EDIT: I read the comments in Rapid's Entry, and am now worried I didn't follow the prompt enough. I didn't stick to my original game plan and ended up doing something I didn't even expect would happen.

For the record: I tried to follow the prompt :(

EDIT2: I surrender! Wooden spoon, thou is fated to my sheath! I usually try to be one of the first to post their story, but this time around, I didn't because I forgot about the contest and then threw something together without thinking about it first.

From the very day I discover WWYP7, I will begin straight away.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I think I'm entering. So, that makes me a part of the 24 Hours Club?
I'm sure you guys have the 3 Hours Club too. That's too much of a stretch for me.

Matt

Banned via Administration
Note to those who are wondering: The deadline will not be extended. I don't negotiate with terrorists.

bored

Smash Ace
Aww, I forgot all about this and I had an idea that reflected the prompt. :C

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
We might extend the deadline until the 26th or something.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Cort

Apple Head
No johns, this prompt has been up for quite a while. I don't see a point in extending the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom