• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP 5 -- Figure Drawing 101 (Contest closed! Good luck everyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
that's always been risky for me because i don't know which timezones the closers are in and daylight savings time is useless in Hawaii...

Matt

Banned via Administration
Don't forget, I haven't posted my WWYP3 writeups either.

LT, you'd better still be entering.
You see, I wanted to be really pissed off at you while I was in Dallas, but you were letting me stay at your place free of charge so I couldn't exactly snap at you, y'know? So yeah, we're square.

You owe everyone else, however.

I mean it, Scav.

Scaaaaaaaaaav.

SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAV.

JUST DO IT ALREADY

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I still have the problem that I have no clue if my story is any good. I have no idea if people are saying "Gosh, I bet that was written by a drunk ten year old" Or "Dude... Why hasn't lombardi entered a WWYP before?". Oh well.
I'll review it tonight.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's Sunday, August 5th at 1 o'clock AM. I think I'll start my story now!

Edit: So, I just wrote 524 words worth of my story so far, and the most exciting thing that's happened so far is a woman crossing the road. You're in for a treat, judges!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
It's Sunday, August 5th at 1 o'clock AM. I think I'll start my story now!

Edit: So, I just wrote 524 words worth of my story so far, and the most exciting thing that's happened so far is a woman crossing the road. You're in for a treat, judges!

Just make sure if your story is about sailboats....have some sailboats in there ;)

And good luck to all you soon to be punctual writers!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Just make sure if your story is about sailboats....have some sailboats in there ;)

And good luck to all you soon to be punctual writers!
Hey-- I wanted to write about a city, and that's all I could find! Plus, I only wrote that so that because I felt sorry for the prompt.

Writing about a painting? I mean, seriously. What kind of prompt was that? I guess if you guys wanted to, the next Mini-WWYP should be to write a play. That way, the holy trinity of art can be expressed through writing. omg.

I actually like what I'm writing now.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hey-- I wanted to write about a city, and that's all I could find! Plus, I only wrote that so that because I felt sorry for the prompt.

Writing about a painting? I mean, seriously. What kind of prompt was that? I guess if you guys wanted to, the next Mini-WWYP should be to write a play. That way, the holy trinity of art can be expressed through writing. omg.
ATTENTION TO EVERYONE OTHER THAN XSYVEN:
None of you have to worry about placing last. Congratulations

:)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hey-- that was just for the Mini WWYP.

I'm shooting for at least sixth this time!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm not entering

I just realized that since I'm a mod, and mods can't be banned, I can't be Eorlingashed =(

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It's always been central time before, where I live

at the moment, it's 6:28 PM. Just add/subtract the time it appears on your screen to find out

Matt

My immediate impulse is to reprimand you for being a bum and say HELL NO buuuuuuuut I'm in a fantastic mood so why not?

You have less than six hours.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
it may seem like you have two (or FIVE) hours less, but when the contest began it was actually earlier in the day for us. it all evens out ^_^ but HURRY UP! i hope you finish.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Please tell me that 2 hour is for everyone, because otherwise what you just did was dumb. No one has spent every possible hour writing this story, making it so that people with Central time have had more of a chance. Dcp is just being lazy like me, but instead of facing the fact that he's wasted his time, he's trying to find a loophole around it. Giving him more time is a terrible idea, he has posted saying that he's procrastinating, it's not like he's been working his butt off and just hasn't had enough time as the rest of us.

I've procrastinated, and am regretting it. But if you're going to give him 2 more hours because of where he lives, you might as well just give me 5 more hours because I run the Thing and have been playing the mafia games, which take up my time spent writing. It's a bogus claim, and has no reason for it.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Please tell me that 2 hour is for everyone, because otherwise what you just did was dumb. No one has spent every possible hour writing this story, making it so that people with Central time have had more of a chance. Dcp is just being lazy like me, but instead of facing the fact that he's wasted his time, he's trying to find a loophole around it. Giving him more time is a terrible idea, he has posted saying that he's procrastinating, it's not like he's been working his butt off and just hasn't had enough time as the rest of us.

I've procrastinated, and am regretting it. But if you're going to give him 2 more hours because of where he lives, you might as well just give me 5 more hours because I run the Thing and have been playing the mafia games, which take up my time spent writing. It's a bogus claim, and has no reason for it.
I honestly don't give a ****. I'll finish the story either way. I just didn't take into account time differences when I was writing this (not to mention a slew of other problems that no one wants to hear about, mainly because they are similar to the same kinds of problems that prevented other people from entering this contest).

You can take it back if you want. Finished or not, I'm posting the story.

Matt

Well no duh, Eor. =P I fully intended to close the contest at 12 Central and post something to the effect of "lol owned." Geez, saying I was in a fantastic mood should have been a tip-off that I was joking.

Seriously, when a contest I entered got a WEEK extension because of lack of entries and I was the only one to submit a full story on time and I ended up taking second place--**** that. Worry not Eor. Justice will be served on my watch.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Matt moved it to the Broom, I guess he didn't want my amazing story-telling to be spread among the unworthy.

As all the judges have Broom access, however, I am still expecting them to read it and give me first place as I so justly deserve

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Matt moved it to the Broom, I guess he didn't want my amazing story-telling to be spread among the unworthy.

As all the judges have Broom access, however, I am still expecting them to read it and give me first place as I so justly deserve
Here here!

All in all, I'm just glad I entered. Me and McCloud really hit the deadline hard.

I'll read yours soon and post a review. It sucks having to wait for the judges to respond.

Thanks for all the "encouragement" McCloud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom