• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWFAPT4SPT - WiFi Wars' Freakin' Awesome Pokemon Tournament 4 Sexy Pokemon Trainers

Sariku

Smash Master
Please note that this is a copy/paste of the tournament thread on WiFi Wars that I am hosting. To enter this tournament, you are required to sign up on WiFi Wars and post the sign up form in a post in the thread, which can be found here. We don't have any prizes finalized yet, but I can guarantee you that they are worth all the trouble of signing up and playing. Last time we had a "Larvitar (Pursuit) (Nature : Adamant) (IV's : 31/31/31/28/31/31)," which would be very time consuming to breed for by yourself. We may also have a Virtual Console game to choose from instead of the prize, so I hope this will attract you to register and enter!

Anyone who enters in this thread will not be entered in the tournament, again, it must be in the WiFi Wars thread. That is where all matches will be posted as well. Good luck, and I hope you sign up!

Yes, the next WiFi Wars official Pokemon Tournament is here, and guess what? It's singles. WiFi Wars' Freakin' Awesome Pokemon Tournament 4 Sexy Pokemon Trainers, or WWFAPT4SPT, is the next real tournament since the PokeDisplay, but enough chit chat, let's get right down to business. The difference in this tournament will not be a pools tournament like the last one, but now a Double Elimination tournament. This thread will be much shorter than the last, so let's get started.

Details -
  • Date - August 30, 2008
  • Double Elimination
  • Singles (1v1, 6 Pokemon Each)
  • Clauses (View in "Clauses")
  • No Ubers (View in "Ubers")
  • Banned Moves (View in "Banned Moves")
  • Prize - Working on it!
Each round, as of now, is to take three days each. They will always be updated in this thread and on the chat, and possibly the front page as well. Being double elimination, this may take up to a month to completely fill, but we'll see what happens when we get there. Watch this space.

Supporting Details -
Double Elimination is a tournament type where even if you lose your set, you will be in the losers bracket, where you can work your way back to to the championship! As stated above, each round will last three days. Please don't start the losers bracket until I give the okay, as it changes as the tournament goes on. Please don't start your next round until all first round matches, but if you absolutely have to, you may. Warn me if you do a match early.

To get a hold of your opponents, I recommend to use the PM system to schedule a time and date. Forward me the message that you sent them as well, so I have proof you attempted to contact them. If they don't contact you back, and I have the message you sent them, you will automatically advance. Sadly, this is hard to enforce, but I recommend it highly.

Signing Up -
When signing up for the tournament, I request the following details:

Username -
Ingame Name -
Friend Code - 0000-0000-0000
Prefered Email Address -
MSN / Windows Live Address -
AIM Username -
Yahoo Address -
G-Mail Address -
Skype Username-

You don't have to fill in everything, but only what you have. This will make it easier for people to contact you through messengers and emails if they have to. Please copy/paste what is in the box below and fill out the information. I will add everyone's sign up information to the second post for you to recall easily.

HTML:
[B]Username -[/B]
[B]Ingame Name -[/B]
[B]Friend Code -[/B] 0000-0000-0000
[B]Prefered Email Address -[/B]
[B]MSN / Windows Live Address -[/B]
[B]AIM Username -[/B]
[B]Yahoo Address -[/B]
[B]G-Mail Address -[/B]
[B]Skype Username-[/B]
Clauses -

• [*]Sleep Clause - Can't put two of your opponents Pokemon to sleep at the same time. This is not affected if the opponent puts himself to sleep.
    [*]OHKO Clause - Not allowed to use OHKO moves, such as Sheer Cold.
    [*]Seld Destruct Clause - Can't use Self Destruct, Explosion, Perish Song, or Destiny Bond when both players have one Pokemon left.
    [*]Ubers Clause - Not allowed to use any Ubers.
    [*]Evasion Clause - Mia will clarify this later.
    [*]Legit Clause - All pokemon's stats, moves, and abilities must be attainable in-game.
    [*]Species Clause - No using two of the same Pokemon.

Banned Moves -

• [*]Double Team
    [*]Minimize
    [*]Fissure
    [*]Guillotine
    [*]Horn Drill
    [*]Sand Attack
    [*]Sweet Scent
    [*]Sheer Cold

Ubers -

• [*]Mewtwo
    [*]Mew
    [*]Lugia
    [*]Ho-Oh
    [*]Latias
    [*]Latios
    [*]Kyogre
    [*]Groudon
    [*]Rayquaza
    [*]Deoxys (Neutral, Attack, and Defense)
    [*]Dialga
    [*]Palkia
    [*]Giratina
    [*]Manaphy
    [*]Darkrai
    [*]Shaymin
    [*]Arceus
    [*]Wynaut
    [*]Wobbuffet

Advertising -
Want to be awesome and help advertise for this tournament? Well, all you have to do is choose a signature that players have made, and copy/paste the code giving to you in the signature edit page for your respective forum. Be a conformist and help advertise!

Made by NovaX81.
HTML:
[URL="http://www.wifiwars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1258"]
[IMG]http://universityplus1.com/media/ps1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
you know im going to be part of this i just need to submit my details and whatnot at the wifiwars thread.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
i wana join. how i register on wifiwars? it not make sense. can i use bibaril or somthing?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Shaymin is banned due to there being no legal way to obtain him as of now.
Actually, Gamesharks and Action Replays are perfectly legal. Prove me wrong.

But, that's besides the point. Do you think you could make it that I have by rounds all the way to semi-finals only to destroy everybody with my team of level five Jigglypuffs.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Shaymin is banned due to there being no legal way to obtain him as of now.
If it is obtained through normal battle and captured with out a catch all pokemon hack then it is legal

I wouldn't advise allowing it since some people might claim it to be caught normally but it may be truly hacked

Top Bottom