• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf is up with sports?

MojoMan

Smash Ace
So, when I was at y camp, a kid tried to tell me that Philadelphia is better than New York in every way because it has a better baseball team (which it doesn't). I don't understand why so many people's perception of what a city is like is based on their sports teams. Shouldn't they base it more on living environment? Sports just don't seem all that improtant to me..

JrdnS

Smash Ace
well philly is better this season cause theyre in the world series after all. but forreal most sports i couldnt careless about. even though i am an athlete. im not obsessed with sports and dont know all sport teams stats. but yeah a city isnt better because of a sports team.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
There are no good sport teams from where I live. I hate it. Someday I'm going to get out of here and move to New Jersey, home of the New Jersey Devils and apparently the greatest place on earth, if sporting teams are to go by. Then I can die happy, probably at the hands of a New York Rangers fan...

MojoMan

Smash Ace
I really don't pay attention to sports at all, and yet people keep rambling on about statistics and such when it won't affect or pay off at all. It's not creative and just shows that you know how to waste oyurtime memorizing how tall a man you've never met and never will meet it.

Smash Master
People are ********. I enjoy watching basketball. It's entertaining to me like Futurama may be to you. From watching so much basketball I have memorized the statistics of most players, just like you might be able to quote Futurama from nearly every episode. I don't consider it a waste of my life.

Although I agree that justifying your city's supremacy with the amount of money they spend on sports instead of streets is pretty foolish.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I'm obsessed with sports (especially American football), but I don't base any opinions of cities/states off of a sports team.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
People are way too obsessed with sports. I just got back from the Bruins/Penguins game. I like neither team, but my roommates is a Pens fan so I went with him since I love hockey. I actually prefer cheering for specific players rather than teams as a whole anyway.

While in the bathroom, I saw a bunch of Bruins fans just cursing and ripping on a guy wearing a Penguins jersey. Absolutely ridiculous, no class at all.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I find that all the people from Rotterdam are cockroaches, and all people from Eindhoven farmers, and all people from Amsterdam, jews!

Why, you ask me?
It's because in Rotterdam the main football club is Feyenoord, which are known as cockroaches, for their unabillity to get killed by just getting stepped on. Eindhoven has PSV as main football club and Eindhoven is located in the south of the Netherlands, so they are the farmers. And Amsterdams main club is Ajax, a club that started out over a hundred years ago by a little group of friends, which mostly consisted of jews.

So I Hannibal Lector'd my *****, because I'm an Ajax Supporter.

There, now you learned a bit about the Netherlands. Internet on his best side.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I used to find football amusing up until the Texans started going downhill has well as the Astros, better yet it's easier to say my howntown teams suck. <_<

Top Bottom