• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF delete this thread please... Stop the trolls...

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Pit can't use his up-B again if he's hit in the air, not to mention that it offers him no protection whatsoever.
To say his recovery is from hell is quite the exaggeration. In essence, you have to edgeguard him to death before he does the same to you.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
lol have you seen the distance he can cover with just the up B? he can easily fly out of your range, and since marth has no projectiles, it's harder to edge him to death.

not to mention he can attack out of his up B up until the last frame- there he cant do anything.

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
arrow
arrow
(marth gets to jump yay!)
roll
roll
roll
roll
(ah **** hes on the other side?)
arrow
arrow
(marth ****in jump)
(**** i didn't move when i jumped)
arrow
arrow
arrow

so annoying, and for some reason I think he outranges marth ??_??

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Exactly who I'm having trouble against. My friend can also direct the arrows at me like no other, and while I'm recovering from off the stage I usually get hit by no less than 4.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Pit can't use his up-B again if he's hit in the air, not to mention that it offers him no protection whatsoever.
To say his recovery is from hell is quite the exaggeration. In essence, you have to edgeguard him to death before he does the same to you.
Exactly. As a player who likes to pursue off stage, Pit doesn't seem to give me problems.

Wait for a Pit player to use their recovery, fall off stage and hit them once, and then recover back to the stage.

dead pit.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
on all the neutral stages, pit's recovery is long enough to fly to the other side-below the stage.

he travels fast enough that marth's land speed isnt enough to catch him on the other side, too.

it's harder to KO an experienced pit than you think.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
on all the neutral stages, pit's recovery is long enough to fly to the other side-below the stage.

he travels fast enough that marth's land speed isnt enough to catch him on the other side, too.

it's harder to KO an experienced pit than you think.

Nonetheless, his recovery is still slow, vulnerable and easy to gimp. If you knock Pit a good distance away from the stage, (which is actully kind of easy thanks to his light weight.) you will have a more than adequate window to intercept him.

AcidJazz

Smash Apprentice
I don't find pit a counter to marth at all. The arrows are weak and pretty easy to get through in my opinion. I'm definitely going to get hit by a few, but who really cares? When I get in close, I'm not worried about the matchup.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Pit is not a Marth counter.

Marth wins this match-up 60/40.

Only thing Pit has on Marth is arrows.

Which are annoying, but not deadly.

Subach

Smash Apprentice

They can be REALLY deadly in the time right after you're knocked off stage where you can't airdodge. In fact, Pit's edgeguard game is rather impressive in general thanks to his recovery as well as his arrows.

Although, Marth has the advantage in close combat because he can attack Pit from a range too short for his arrows to be effective, and too long to hit Marth with his sword.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The main point is that Marth handles Pit, and that Pit has no advantages over Marth except his projectile.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You mean the ones that Marth outranges?

The ones that are by comparison to Marth's are weaker with less knockback?

The ones that shouldn't be hitting all that much if Marth is spacing correctly?

The ones that don't kill Marth until 130ish, while Marth kills Pit around 80ish?

Those smashes?

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
you havent played any good pits i assume?

the arrows stack damage, the smashes stack more damage and are very fast.

and if you dont get in pit's face, he arrow spams you, so spacing doesnt quite work as easily as you think.

if you are within tipper range and happen to strike, pit's dodgeroll is lengthed just right as to put him directly behind you, free smash.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I must admit, pit is rather annoying among characters, but for Marth, he's completely beatable.

As for defense against the following arrows, air-dodge, Pit cannot fire arrows THAT fast, air-dodged is a completely feasible option against him, using that you can get your proper spacing and unload.

Against Pit, edge-guarding is one of Marth's best assets, he can get off-stage and KO Pit, Pit's Up-B move is not the fastest, and so Marth has a large opportunity to exploit that.

And if he uses the roll move frequently, you can predict and punish that. And you know by the time you hit around 100% (Or whatever percent) that he's going to start using the roll method, and thus you can prepare for it, so when he does it, shield + smash or whatever you'd like to use.

Mike35

Smash Cadet
Sidestepping seemed to work well for you more than once up close. I may need to try it more...

Anyway, I don't think I'm that good yet so I'm not going to judge too much, but one thing I noticed is that when he flew under the stage near the beginning, it looked like it may have been possible for you to run off the edge and attack after he uses his UpB.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
you havent played any good pits i assume?

the arrows stack damage, the smashes stack more damage and are very fast.

and if you dont get in pit's face, he arrow spams you, so spacing doesnt quite work as easily as you think.

if you are within tipper range and happen to strike, pit's dodgeroll is lengthed just right as to put him directly behind you, free smash.
arrows are easily power shielded, and the d-smash just **** dogeroll, also marth can counter the arrows and hit whit the counter attack if he's close enough,

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
ya, i would have if i didnt know his playstyle so much, what he normally does if i try that is use his up B from that spot, all the way under the stage and back up - and its speed is faster than marth's running. Basically he jukes me out under the stage, so now i just stand there until he picks a side.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dude. I saw that vid.

That Pit didn't even spam you or anything.

And honestly, you should have two stocked him.

You made alot of silly mistakes.

Counter spam and going for a needless spike that cost you a life.

To be honest, I wasn't impressed by the Pit or the Marth.

Plus your spacing wasn't that hot nor was your reaction time whenever you blocked something.

You didn't abuse dancing blade either or Marth's awesome d-tilt.

You didn't abuse what makes Marth amazing.

All I saw was fair and f-smash and some d-smash. And constant spot dodge spam even when Pit was no where near you.

And you are trying to tell me that Pit beats Marth?

Well, yeah sure he does when you don't bring out the character's full abilities and abuse what makes them good.

The same can be said of that Pit.

He didn't arrow spam at all. He should have spammed the hell outta you.

This vid proves nothing except that neither one of you knows how to bring out your characters full potential.

Although I'll admit that the Pit player is closer to bringing out his potential then you are.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
ya, i would have if i didnt know his playstyle so much, what he normally does if i try that is use his up B from that spot, all the way under the stage and back up - and its speed is faster than marth's running. Basically he jukes me out under the stage, so now i just stand there until he picks a side.
Wow, that sounds very irritating, but Pit's up B is faster than Marth's foxtrot? i hope not.
and I also suppose if the opponent try to comeback up, i think an footstod jump in Pit's head can be usefull (or an footstod to d-air). I just hope my thoughts are right and this help to beat the quick Pit.

Dude. I saw that vid.

That Pit didn't even spam you or anything.
And honestly, you should have two stocked him.
You made alot of silly mistakes.
Counter spam and going for a needless spike that cost you a life.
To be honest, I wasn't impressed by the Pit or the Marth.
Plus your spacing wasn't that hot nor was your reaction time whenever you blocked something.
You didn't abuse dancing blade either or Marth's awesome d-tilt.
You didn't abuse what makes Marth amazing.
All I saw was fair and f-smash and some d-smash. And constant spot dodge spam even when Pit was no where near you.
And you are trying to tell me that Pit beats Marth?
Well, yeah sure he does when you don't bring out the character's full abilities and abuse what makes them good.
The same can be said of that Pit.
He didn't arrow spam at all. He should have spammed the hell outta you.
This vid proves nothing except that neither one of you knows how to bring out your characters full potential.
Although I'll admit that the Pit player is closer to bringing out his potential then you are.
He's right about you needing to use a lot more d-tilts and make an good (and more) use of dancingblade. also, you didn't use utilt, usmash dtilt, ftilt, uair, nair, jab, shield breaker and grab, but you spamed dsmash, fsmash, fair, bair and counter (but you did a wrong use of it, you spamed it, wile counter secret is the surprise).

also the Pit played like an ********, just because he didn't spam his arrows (and those shiny *******s make Pit good).

So you 2 need to remember and use well the best of the characters you use

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Pit isnt a marth killer because marth is one of the, if not THE, best player in the game.

my opinion

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Depends on the stage, Pit is incredibly annoying in Final Destination, but in Battlefield (and multi-platform stages in general) Marth just owns Pit's angelical a$$.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Wow, that sounds very irritating, but Pit's up B is faster than Marth's foxtrot? i hope not.
and I also suppose if the opponent try to comeback up, i think an footstod jump in Pit's head can be usefull (or an footstod to d-air). I just hope my thoughts are right and this help to beat the quick Pit.

He's right about you needing to use a lot more d-tilts and make an good (and more) use of dancingblade. also, you didn't use utilt, usmash dtilt, ftilt, uair, nair, jab, shield breaker and grab, but you spamed dsmash, fsmash, fair, bair and counter (but you did a wrong use of it, you spamed it, wile counter secret is the surprise).

also the Pit played like an ********, just because he didn't spam his arrows (and those shiny *******s make Pit good).

So you 2 need to remember and use well the best of the characters you use

footstool gives them back their jump, according to the m2k post(im not on atm to check; i dont know this tidbit on the spot)

the reason i dodge in place is due to his playstyle i've regrettably grown so used to, he will normally shoot arrows if im that far from him.

and about the suicide spike lol, it was a friendly and i was a stock up, why not?

and he utilizes the arrows well even when he doesnt spam them, notice how he gimped my second jump to take my first life.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion

Where did you get those statistics? >.>
Come on. In my opinion Pit could give marth a rough time, looking at the arrows and the ability to recover and edge guard pretty easily.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
footstool gives them back their jump, according to the m2k post(im not on atm to check; i dont know this tidbit on the spot)

the reason i dodge in place is due to his playstyle i've regrettably grown so used to, he will normally shoot arrows if im that far from him.

and he utilizes the arrows well even when he doesnt spam them, notice how he gimped my second jump to take my first life.
crap, i didn't remembered the fact your opponent recover their jump if you footstool them. but may an footstool to dair can help whit that.

also don't doge so much, because if the enemy pit has good timing, he'll use the arrows to hit you in your vulnerable frames. remember the awesome power shield (which after that you have NO LAG and NO SHIELD REDUCTION).

And yea, he may not utilize arrows in small stages like Battle Field, and i suppose he uses the as hell on FD. and his use of arrows as edge guarder is very good, that is why i always save my second jump until the last second against a Pit and up-b to stage the second i get the chanse.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I got those statisitcs by simply comparing both characters advantages and disadvantages when fighting one another.

Pit SHOULD be spamming arrows becuase it let's him control space which is what fighting games are about. Controlling the opponent and through this controlling the pace of the match.

When a Pit does not do this I can't see that Pit as a Marth killer.

Crappular

Smash Rookie
Ignore Emblem Lord. Really, all he does is spam various forms of "MARTH IS OVERPOWERED QQQQQQQQ". I don't know if he does it because he can't let the conception that "Marth is for nubs" die because he got his *** kicked too many times by one, or if he's just homo-erotically attracted to him.

On topic, pressure Pit hard and rack up damage. Don't worry too much about overcoming Pit's recovery, just rack up as much damage as possible as fast as possible and go for the killing blow. He isn't that heavy.

And lol @ all the people saying how easy it is to overcome Pit's recovery. The Pits you guys play must be one-armed with 2 fingers missing from his remaining hand.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ummm, who are you?

Oh random March 08 guy?

Ok.

Anyway Marth and Pit are both amazing.

I'm not pulling **** out of my ***. I use facts to back up statements.

And Marth isn't overpowered. There are quite a few characters better then him in Brawl.

Crappular

Smash Rookie
Ummm, who are you?

Oh random March 08 guy?

Ok.

Anyway Marth and Pit are both amazing.

I'm not pulling **** out of my ***. I use facts to back up statements.

And Marth isn't overpowered. There are quite a few characters better then him in Brawl.
Yes, brilliant facts like "60/40" advantage. I'm sure that was scientifically derived, right?

OH NOEZ, YOU INSULTED THE DATE AT WHICH THIS ACCOUNT WAS MADE!!!11 The fact that you attempted to insult my disregard for building "e-cred" within an internet community is pathetic. Woe is me, an internet community in which 1337speak is practically an accepted second language does not know my name.

Shut up, you drooling ******. Get some real retorts.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Rofl.

You come in here and say ignore EL because all he does is talk about how Marth is overpowered, when not once did I mention anything like that and also suggest that I'm attracted to a videogame character and I'm the ******?

lol.

I'm done with you.

Lurk moar new*** and lrn2 troll better.

Top Bottom