• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow. I HATE drill rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEliteSmasher

Smash Cadet
This move is too easy to use by accident. I swear. Usually when I'm doing tornado and I press b to do it again, if I have the control stick tilted even one millimeter, I end up doing this crap move. I SWEAR NO OTHER MOVES IS LIKE THAT. For up b you actually have to tilt it more distance, but for side b you only have to tilt it a millimeter. Drill rush sucks

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I don't have that problem...

I guess if worse comes to worse, you could always drill yourself into the ground to stop your horizontal movement. Although I guess what you do depends on the positioning of your opponent.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
What's wrong with drill rush? :( Just drill it into the edge and start your ledge camping? Or just drive it into the ground for minimal lag? =/

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with drill rush? :( Just drill it into the edge and start your ledge camping? Or just drive it into the ground for minimal lag? =/
Usually, people (including me) consider drill rush to be one of his worst moves. So if you use it and you meant to use tornado, you're going to get punished badly about 90% of the time.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
This move is too easy to use by accident. I swear. Usually when I'm doing tornado and I press b to do it again, if I have the control stick tilted even one millimeter, I end up doing this crap move. I SWEAR NO OTHER MOVES IS LIKE THAT. For up b you actually have to tilt it more distance, but for side b you only have to tilt it a millimeter. Drill rush sucks
If you were a REAL Meta Knight mainer, you wouldn't be complaining about how Meta sucks with Drill Rush! You'd actually adapt to the timing and proper way to use it!

[\close thread\]

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice

If you were a REAL Meta Knight mainer, you wouldn't be complaining about how Meta sucks with Drill Rush! You'd actually adapt to the timing and proper way to use it!

Don't spam tornado?

problem solved.
Yay! Greatest. Problem solver. Ever!!

[\close thread\]

Shred_kid

Smash Cadet
I can't say that I've ever had this problem with Drill Rush. But in melee, doing a fox SHL while moving forward, I would often do a phantasm by mistake, which is basically the same thing as what you're doing.

I solved it by letting the control stick flick back to normal and taking my thumb off the stick EXACTLY when i pressed b. Eventually, I stopped taking my thumb off the stick and finally could move it back without letting it flick back. Just practice by doing this, it'll work.

Binx

Smash Master
Take the time that you would spend complaining and practice not sucking @ life. I know thats harsh but this is a ridiculous thing to make a thread about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom