• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would u buy Brawl even if it has no online?? I certainly wouldnt. read b4 post

JPW

Smash Ace
Seeing as how Metroid Prime 3 was announced no Wifi it was a deal breaker for me, sorry but thats just how it goes. Nintendo has screwed us over once and i'm hoping they don't again.
I never quite figured Metroid for a Wifi game. I don't know why some people felt so different, it just one of those games that involve that single player experience more than a bunch of friends trying to have fun in a complex game.

I wont be bothered if Smash Bros. isn't online. It'll be a let down, but it wont be a stopper for me. I made my decision way back when I heard Satoru Iwata announce Smash Bros. as a launch Revolution title. Smash Bros. 3 Doesn't sound better then that huh? A successor to Melee can it be done?

But if it's no online would it really be that bad. Don't tell me you have problems finding friends to play with you on the Wii. Last time I checked Nintendo sold 10 million wiis worldwide, so there's a pretty good chance your best mates or next door neighbour could have a Wii, and is hopefully a smash bros. fan. This isn't the Gamecube era last time I checked.

Not that Gamecube was that bad anyway. Some great games just poor advertising. Not like the Wii though. Great games coming up, too much advertising.

I got more important things on my wishlist anyway. The list starts wirth a good smasher/game. then Sonic, then Megaman then a reasonable spaced out roster, then an in depth 1P mode then more items, more stages, etc.

Onlie is just an extra cool last minute thing to me.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I really want online....really. Each Smash game so far has had a significant upgrade from its predecessor. Brawl's most significant and worthy change is the inclusion of 3rd parties. But wouldnt online seal the deal for you? Sure you wanted the game b4, but with online- its a must have.

Nintendo has had plenty of time to complete this game- plenty. Sure i would still buy this game if there isnt online play, but i would be very let down.

Face it, if there isnt any online play, we'll have to wait until a new Nintendo system emerges- which could be another 6-8 years (if they even make a Smash 4). That is simply ridiculous.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I have friends who like the game, hence why I would buy it.

But if I lived in an isolated area with no RL friends, probably not. I'd rent it to try it but that would be all.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Great game = instant buy, not buying a game based on lack of online support isn't really a good reason. NOW if it had no online support and SUCKED, that would be a different story.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
I see most of u would buy the game even if it has no online. As i stated at the begging, and as the thread title says, i wouldnt, because all of my friends will have it, but if they were not going to buy it, id definitely would buy it too

Now, i also see that most of u, even tough u would buy it, would be very dissapointed if theres no online, but then again, u still buy the game, the game still becomes a best seller, and i cant help but get pissed off cause nintendo still makes millions and thinks everythings alright, and i would have to wait until the next smash to be able to play with all the world, and only god knows how much time will pass before the next smash!! i dont know if i will live that much! XD plus u know, they can put online now, so c'mon, just do it!

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
I would still buy it. Online would be awesome, but if it doesn't make it, I wont really care that much. I have many people I play SSBM with and it's not online. I'm sure I wouldn't have trouble finding people to play.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok so its either:
Buy the game Ive been waiting for since before the 1st trailers release, seeing 3rd parties for the 1st time in a smash game, the next epic installment of the greatest all star game of all, and having an adventure mode with a story that is absolutely breathtaking and with online...
or
screw it and not buying it cause of no online...

Yeah tough one...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you don't buy it because it lacks online, you either live in a isolated area, or are not a true fan. That seperates the REAL smash fans from the really isolated players and n00bs.

And if you say online would be a joke, Mario Strikers Charged [from wat I've heard] has extremely good online with minimal lag. And since Brawl WILL BE the Wii's biggest online game, and will be played like 100 times more than Strikers Charged [at least], I see no reason why it would suck [unless you had dial-up! ;)].

Edit: Kudos to Stryks' post above! *starts clapping*

SonicMario

Smash Master
I will get this game if despite there is no online. Besides, if he can't put it in. Sakauri will give a big forgive me by adding a very cool feature. (Of course i may only be saying this because i don't have the fast online to use where i live)

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Ok so its either:
Buy the game Ive been waiting for since before the 1st trailers release, seeing 3rd parties for the 1st time in a smash game, the next epic installment of the greatest all star game of all, and having an adventure mode with a story that is absolutely breathtaking and with online...
or
screw it and not buying it cause of no online...

Yeah tough one...
That's basically how I see it. Given everything we've already seen, I'd be hard pressed to say a person even has a soul if he wont buy SSBB simply because it lacks online.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I would definitely buy it, even if it doesn't have online. We have lots of fun with Melee, and it's not online. I don't understand why anybody would not want to buy it just because it's not online. They would have to be crazy.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
The OP is saying that he's not going to get it if it has no online because he'll just play his friend's copies, he's not going to shun the game.

I'm personally going to buy it even if there is no online for a number of reasons:

- (admittedly) general fanism; I love the game and I think the mechanics work great - truly an epic fighter, and it's been evident thus far (considering) that this sequel will top it's predecessor.

- Practice. I'll play it all the time to practice so that when I play friends or go to tournaments, I'll pwn. I also find the game more enjoyable once you take it to a competative level.

- Versatility. Having your own copy lets you take it to friend's houses, use it whenever you need it, and not have to worry about returning it to anyone.

I personally don't think that online is a big deal - it'll be gimped and laggy (there's technically no way it can't lag), and I'll just go to friend's houses or competitions - which are more fun.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Believe ne if its anything like Strikers charged, there will be BARELY any lag, the only times it DOES lag is when the competitor has a small number of stars (less stars, worst connection)....

and if u play against some random dude, just make sure he has 4 stars, and there will be almost no lag, if u consider they use the stars style in brawl...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Intresting, I've never played the original, or Charged, but the star system sounds intresting. That would be neat to have, like below the damage % meters or something [out of the way]. :)

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
I'd buy it, even if it's not online. the reason? I've been playing SSB64 and SSBM for about 9 years now, so I'll slowly get used to wifi if they have it. Besides, I suck, so online wouldn't be the first menu I'd rush into when I get the game.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
Anyone that says they wouldn't buy it if it didn't have online will end up eating those words when the game comes out. You're just kidding yourselves.

except in situations like Chronos where the only time he gets to play multiplayer is when his friends with Smash come over. That's no big deal.

yesh, tpyh is right.
apparently, every game is good has to be online :ohwell:

spare me teph :urg:

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how brawl's lack of online would keep people from buying it, even in the changing times, people will still go too tournaments and play melee, they would and still do so with brawl. Becouse no matter how awesome online is, being there in person is the real deal, I agree with those who said the online will be a form of pratice, sparring as they say

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Why would it be pointless? I'd buy the game even if it has no online merely because I loved Smash Bros., it was fun and Brawl will be fun, with or without online. So I don't really care, I want my game ^_^

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Would u buy Melee even if it has no online?? I certainly wouldnt, itd be pointless

Handorin

Smash Hero
Would u buy Melee even if it has no online?? I certainly wouldnt, itd be pointless
QFT. I was going to say that and realized it had four pages. (Probably of something along the same line)

Then I looked who posted the topic and saw it was a random guy who registered this month.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
No online in Brawl wouldn't be the end of the world. I mean, there's just something special about sitting in your living room and playing smash bros. with your friends right next to you, messing with each other's controllers to screw them up and making a wisecrack every time someone walks on a mine. When your just playing against someone over the net, its just like playing against the AI, except (sometimes) a bit smarter.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
I just read your title and felt a massive amount of disappointment that someone actually thinks like that.
I just read ur post and felt a massive amount of disappointment that someone actually writes like that without reading the whole post and not just the title XD

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Then I looked who posted the topic and saw it was a random guy who registered this month.
So, if im new im automatically random, and my point of view is wrong just because ive just registered... well thats pretty smart. i guess u were never new and u automatically began with lots of posts already and ur point of view is best just because. Well, enough sarcasm for today XD

Handorin

Smash Hero
So, if im new im automatically random, and my point of view is wrong just because ive just registered... well thats pretty smart. i guess u were never new and u automatically began with lots of posts already and ur point of view is best just because. Well, enough sarcasm for today XD
No, random because I didnt recognize the name and wrong? because I find new people are generally not my time to read. (I have been proven wrong though)

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah I think that's been said enough.

I've been trying to envision brawl without internet, and it sucks. All my friends are effing Haloites, and after logging about 7 hours of Halo in one get together was, truth be told, kind of pathetic. I mean, how can we just run around shooting each other for that long? Anyway, with online I might have a chance of meeting some other people to play Brawl with besides the computer. No online= me only playing Brawl vs. AI.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Rawr why is this thread still open?

I'm pretty sure over 99% of the Nintendo games you've played/owned AREN'T online, so why do you have them?

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Rawr why is this thread still open?

I'm pretty sure over 99% of the Nintendo games you've played/owned AREN'T online, so why do you have them?
if u read the whole post u will understand why i think that way about this particular game

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
Either way, I'm going to purchase Brawl. It's definitely going to have online play, but the question that should be running through everyone's minds is how good is it going to be? I think lag is a major issue we should be concerned about, and can piss people off while performing combo's, frustrate people, or ultimately throw them off online play. I seriously doubt it'll be that bad, so I'll just leave it at that. I'm just hoping this online play works out.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I would buy Brawl even if it was packaged in toilet tissue.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I would buy Brawl even if it killed my father and ***** my mother.

But I wouldn't like it.

Ok maybe I would.

Top Bottom