• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would it be fair to say...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
would it be fair to say that Shiek has an advantage against shiek? No it's not a typo. I'm serious. I've played against other shieks and, hat I notice is that shiek can really put another shiek on the ropes.

Being one of the fastest fallers in brawl, shiek gets trapped in a shiek Ftilt easier than almost any other character and, though it's possible to DI out, normally some hefty damage can be given before you do AND it can be comboed into any number of things. Also, shiek edgeguards another shiek quite well.

I'm just saying don't EVER think that a shiek ditto has to play evenly. Shiek has quite a few self-counter techniques which would mean that I'd never play shiek against another shiek who I thought was superior plus, at any time, shiek could change to Zelda... who beats up on shiek.

The smartest way to approach a shiek ditto is to be agressive, but assume that you have a dissadvatage.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Are you suggesting the match-up be 60/40 and not 50/50? >_>

Any advantage you have against Sheik is also a disadvantage. Match-up lists are made on assumption that both players execute their techniques and timing flawlessly. Depending on exp level, a Sheik can even own ICs.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Are you suggesting the match-up be 60/40 and not 50/50? >_>

Any advantage you have against Sheik is also a disadvantage. Match-up lists are made on assumption that both players execute their techniques and timing flawlessly. Depending on exp level, a Sheik can even own ICs.
no.. I'm not saying that... it's dificult to word but... think of it this way:

a matchup chart is supposed to show how a matchup is going to turn out.... right?

well.. the matchups are assuming equal skill... but, of course, equal skill is nearly an impossible thing to achieve.

If you saw a 50:50 matchup, and the competitors were ROUGHLY equal skill... you'd say the match could go either way... but for shiek... I don't think that this happens... I think that one shiek is inevitably going to be better than the other... and that shiek is going to give the other shiek a VERY hard time... the matchup will play as a much bigger disadvantage than it should....

... like I said it's hard to explian... but I'd never go into a shiek ditto thinking the match would be close unless there were a lot of momentum shifts during the match.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I understand what you're saying. In the end it comes down to interpretation. The chart doesn't say that if the match-up is 50-50 you'll get a draw and sudden death. It basically gives statistics.

Example: vs ICs it's 10/90, meaning ur at a disadvantage. An accurate chart with this reading should be interpreted like this: Statistically, Sheik vs ICs matches end with ICs winning 90% of the time.

So sure a Sheik can **** another Sheik, but it statistically cancels out.

What you're suggesting is Sheik dittos are highly sensitive to skill gaps among opponents and even the smallest gap can make a big difference, and therefore seem very easy to the player with even the smallest of an advantage in skill.

You're probably right.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well back in melee Sheik could chain grab Sheik it's what made the fight so gay,

Personally, I much rather be ftilt lock by Brawl Sheik then be chain grab by melee's.

Which is why I'm enjoying sheik dittos now.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
What you're suggesting is Sheik dittos are highly sensitive to skill gaps among opponents and even the smallest gap can make a big difference, and therefore seem very easy to the player with even the smallest of an advantage in skill.

You're probably right.
yeah... that's what I meant

Squidster

Smash Ace
Sheik dittos are so fun because of that reason though. You feel so offensively powerful but know its not cheap cause your opponent has the same tools.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
To each his own, I suppose. I find Sheik dittos even dumber now than they were before in NTSC Melee. PAL Melee was where Sheik dittos were at.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I personally find it just as nervewracking as shiek Vs. Falco... sure you can Ftilt lock him for a KO from 0% if you get it right.... but he can chain grab you and edgeguard for the same result... I've played falcos where we just keep switching stocks from 0% damage.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute...ICs still > sheik in brawl? :O

dmtmanga's first post is right. However, you could say Sheik vs Sheik is a **** matchup (if it truly is), like CF dittos in melee. >.>

ADHD

Smash Hero
Sheik dittos don't take much skill, it's whoever gets the first ftilt in to the 20th :)

She has such bad DI when it comes to escaping her own tilt lock.

OH and btw, it is not even possible to beat a good ice climber player with sheik. GENERAL PHYSICS.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
wow this post brightened up my day.

50/50 means the better person is going to win.

if it DIDNT mean that then people would be talking about how many 50/50 fights tie.

Top Bottom