• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would Anyone Main Diddy Over DK?

Quab

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure diddy has more cool attacks, but DK seems all-around better, especialy his final smash, which needs to be preformed corectly for it to work great

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
Diddy is combolicius.
DK is obese
peanut pistols own bongos
diddy wheres a shirt
DK is old
Diddy is new

nuff said.

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
And for the record, I've seen some amazing diddy vids. Find one with Edd.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I decided to main him the second he was announced on the dojo.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
I'm not maining him but he is my 2nd favorite character behind Pokemon Trainer >_> Duh, Diddy is waay better than DK in many ways. Coolness for the first part. Again..that's my opinion.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
diddy is on my short list of characters to try to main.

i plan on choosing about 3 or 4 to play with on rotation for the first 2 months or so until I get a hang of the physics.

DK, by the way, isn't anywhere near my top list.

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
I'm maining Diddy, the real problem i see wit Diddy is that he has no K.O. potential. The best usage of Diddy is by a player named edd... I think its crazy but both matches where he fights snake.. he has to beat his *** to the near 200% just to K.O. him. Dk is way more balanced just on the fact that he moves at a good speed and can actually kill people.

I'm sure once i get a hold of this game we all will find good ways to kill enemies wit him... I'm just a little worried cuz all the Diddy vids i watched its always the same outcome. Diddy can dish out the damage but ends up getting screwed over cuz the opponent wont die. I haven't seen a single vid that he won.

Quab

Smash Rookie
I will main the Kongs.

I pray for Lanky in SSB4.

Okay, that's more of a pipe dream than Master Chief!
Im with you brotha, chunkey and lankey are two of the best charcters, EVER
plus they would have a totaly origanal moveset (who could they possibly clone?)
but at least we get a lankey trophy (maybe chunkey too i hope)

Maph

Smash Cadet
Don't forget that snake is also really heavy. I think he's heavier than Ike.

t0ki

Smash Rookie
Diddy is a combo machine with projectiles that add elements to matches that most aren't used too. Just that element of uncertainty when fighting him will make him a first choice for many players in the smash community. I don't know about any of that "top tier" stuff I've been hearing but he's definetely a solid character.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Well seeing how everybody used diddy in donkey kong country due to higher jumps better ability overall I believe they will do the same in brawl :p

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I'll definitely play more as Diddy Kong more then Donkey Kong. No offesne to the big guy, but I've wanted to play as Diddy Kong for a while now; plus he looks awesome!

OfficeManiac070

Smash Cadet
from all the videos i've seen, diddy looks like a better overall character, faster obviously, suprisingly strong, good combo ability, i love DK too, but diddy looks sick.

ShardZ

Smash Cadet
I've never cared for DK, but Diddy is really fun to play as. banana shenanigans (bananigans?) FTW!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Well i've never liked Dk in the Smash Bros Series and Diddy looks awesome so ya I'm going to check him out and see if i like him

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
diddy is >>>> than donkey kong...big dk is way too slow...improved...but useless without the l cancel from melee
DK has one of the fastest dashes and all characters took a hit from the lack of L-cancelling.

Although I'll admit diddy will probaly be higher tier then Donkey.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Diddy > Dk. Why? Diddy is just better, and cooler like that.

Harder Better Faster Stronger (ok, maybe not the stronger part...lol)

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I've never been a big fan of Donkey old boy, but always loved Diddy. I was really excited when I heard he was going to be in Brawl, and will likely become my main. He looks so much fun to play as...

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
RunningA, Fair
Breaking news: New Sheik confirmed
B**** Kong is Diddy

Three spikes, Donkey Punch
Invulnerability
Strong Kong is monkey

DK > Diddy
Haiku OWNED!

Seriously, you guys talk about Diddy's "Combo potential" & Awesome "Projectile game".

NEWS FLASH- that awesome combo is the same stupid S*** Shiek was doing in Melee. Your projectile gives you what... oh yeah. RunnigA, Fair combo. LOLZ @ scrub shieks.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
does diddy wear a tie? NO, D.K. does; you know why? its because its d.k.'s job to kick *** in this game. even d.k.'s dash attack is him kicking your *** when he hits you, what's diddy's, a cartwheel thing? can you say HOMOSEXUAL

/fail thread

dk>diddy

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Kyle's Donkey Kong>Everyone in this thread's Diddy

SA frames on giant punch>Diddy's life.

Though I'm sure at least have you have no clue what I'm talking about.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
When given the choice right now (while not having the game in my hands), I will always choose DK over Diddy. I played DK primarily in Melee, in part because I like him as a character, in part because he suits my playstyle. Thusly, for Brawl, DK's already in a starting position. If I get into a situation where I want to win early in the game, I'm picking up DK.

Don't get me wrong, I like Diddy well enough, I may even play as him for awhile, but I doubt he'll wind up my main. I prefer heavier characters without projectile reliance. Diddy satisfies niether of these, as he's light and has not one, but two projectiles to concern himself with. If I want a faster character with less killing power, I'd go for Sonic.

Thus, as it stands now. If I do pick up Diddy alot, I'll be maining DK and second Diddy. Unless something becomes of this 'Forbidden 7' mess, because then I'll likely be maining Dk and second Dixie.

Top Bottom