• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would Anyone Main Diddy Over DK?

Roscoewolf

Smash Cadet
I'll definatly like Diddy much more than DK, I value speed and comboability over much else, plus a little range is always cool. I noticed Diddy also has a bit of a longer lasting air dodge , which could be good and bad who knows, i vote for Diddy tho

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Lol answer is obvious here, its diddy fourms. Ask this in the Dk fourms and it will proboly be a lot different.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Lol answer is obvious here, its diddy fourms. Ask this in the Dk fourms and it will proboly be a lot different.
DK thread migrated to defend it's cause. =) , Additionally, I would like to state that we are all series fans of an under represented series. DKC1/2/3 = AMAZING DKC64 = Pretty Good

I would like to hear some more reasons from the Diddy side, all I see is

-DK is boring
-Banana's rock
-He's cool

Kyle~

LittleKey

Smash Cadet
Does DK have a peanut popgun? No. Does he have the jetpack barrels? Also no. Can he dash attack into the opponent while picking up a banana, then down smash the opponent off the stage, throw the banana at him, then jump off and spike him with the barrels while returning to the stage? For the third time, no. Everyone should main Diddy over DK.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wow, of course I'd main Diddy over DK, but I like both :)
IMO Diddy is better, but I never played the game so I'm not so sure about that.

DK was really fun to use in Melee. I love his fair, but now since you can't LCancel it anymore it's really risky and worse... I like DKs power and playing style.

What I've seen from Diddy is that his bananas will have a pretty big role in his game. It's awesome how you can always use them and fire at your opponents. They're maybe even better than Peach's turnips... Diddy is really fast and also looks fun to play.

Personally I'm sure I'll play both a lot, but Diddy more, because DKC2 was such an awesome game and since that game I really love Diddy.

Mr Mattastic

Smash Journeyman
I'm not maining him but he is my 2nd favorite character behind Pokemon Trainer >_> Duh, Diddy is waay better than DK in many ways. Coolness for the first part. Again..that's my opinion.
Haha we share the top two favorites.. I think Im leaning more Diddy than trainer right now though but I allways alternate between matches.

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
for those of you who think diddy cant kill they just havent used diddys amazing edge gaurding skills

Top Bottom