• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
A lot of the idiots out there who freak out over the most minor of things. They just aren't willing to give the game a chance. It's like judging a painting when it's not finished. You have to see the whole picture to do that.

Senario

Smash Ace
A lot of the idiots out there who freak out over the most minor of things. They just aren't willing to give the game a chance. It's like judging a painting when it's not finished. You have to see the whole picture to do that.
They are giving the game a chance, they are just offering criticism based on what they have seen so far.

I can relate it to something else too: If you wait until something is done till you say anything about it it is like you are a teacher who is handed a rough draft, you could decide to put in corrections so the final draft of the student's essay could get a good grade but you don't think you should judge an incomplete work. When they turn in the final version you give them an F because they fixed none of the problems.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
They are giving the game a chance, they are just offering criticism based on what they have seen so far.

I can relate it to something else too: If you wait until something is done till you say anything about it it is like you are a teacher who is handed a rough draft, you could decide to put in corrections so the final draft of the student's essay could get a good grade but you don't think you should judge an incomplete work. When they turn in the final version you give them an F because they fixed none of the problems.
No, the people offering criticism are fine. I'm talking about the guys already declaring the game a failure for minor things.

D

Deleted member

The worst part is the fans who want Sakurai to essentially remake Melee over and over again.

Senario

Smash Ace
The worst part of Smash 4 was that Chrom could not join his waifu and daughter in battle as a playable character. :4robinf::4lucina:
Pssh I have no idea what you are talking about. Avatar married Tharja :p and had a crazy kid and an overly happy kid. Oh and completely avoided the can of worms that is S rank with Lucina. Yup, everything works out ;D. (lol honestly female avatar I haven't done a playthrough of the game yet, can't really decide what i'd do differently).

Oh and, does momentum still not carry over when you run and jump? That should be a negative, I thought that just made sense since it is one part platformer, one part fighting game, one part crossover. Momentum carrying over while moving just makes sense even if you jump.

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
The game, so far, being a Brawl rehash. Not sure why we need to have dumbed down gameplay again.

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
What you see as "dumbed down" I see as fun, engaging, and enjoyable. So to each their own.
Not denying that's it's gonna be good. I just won't have the incentive to keep playing after 2 months if the depth is as shallow as a pond.

Senario

Smash Ace
What you see as "dumbed down" I see as fun, engaging, and enjoyable. So to each their own.
What he is trying to say is that the game doesn't look like it has the ability to have the depth that is needed for competitive gameplay. A few more changes here and there and it is fixed, doesn't need to be complicated.

1) Lower landing lag, no need for input this just needs to be there.
2) better dash mechanics, dash dancing is a thing that is easy to do and definitely should still be in the game as it gives you a feeling of control while being useful.
3) Fix blast zone/edge, this game is VERY forgiving so far for recovering, smash was exciting because a stock could be lost at any second with a good player. This doesn't mean remove backwards grabbing/auto sweet spot, it just means that the second person grabbing the ledge gets it 100% of the time is silly when everybody's recovery is already crazy big.
4) Momentum, you run, you jump, you should carry over your momentum. Period.

Maybe simplifying is "dumbed down" but I think it is the best compromise between the groups. Same mechanic but easier to do without needless tech barrier, good players play how they want. Regular players don't give a crap. And aspiring competitive players can pick up things easy but have a "tough to master" feeling while getting better.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of single-player mode reveals. I understand there won't be an SSE, and that doesn't bother me as I was never a huge fan of that... However, what an Adventure Mode? Smash Run or whatever it is called is neat, but I want to see Adventure Mode return.

That's all I've got that isn't in terms of characters. lol

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
For me it's Toon Links return. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against TL... but do we reeeaaally need 2 Links? It feels lazy. If there's any universe with tons of character potential, it's Zelda. But despite characters like:

Ghirahim
Darunia
Skull Kid
Midna
Impa
Vaati
Groose
Rusl
Demise

We get.....

Toon Link? Really? ....... I mean, Wind Waker was great and all, but still.... Toon Link? Whatever.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
The fact that since Lucina is (implied) to be a full-clone of Marth means many semi-clones may be unchanged, most importantly Gannondorf, who may still just be a semi-clone.
Good news is that means more characters!

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Well, threads like this often end up in flames, so tread carefully, people.

In any case, as for me, it's that Toon Link is virtually unchanged. (>_>)
Toon Link bugs me too, there is almost no excuse not to make him more diverse. He has so many things that Adult a link doesn't have. He could use the skull hammer, his spin attack could be movable, his B attacks in general could adhere to items exclusive to his game, like Hus Up B in the air could be the leaf, he could have his parry/counter as a down B, or something like that.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Lack of stages for Wii U revealed and not any gamemode so far either for our console.

Last edited:

CrazyChaos

Smash Cadet
The worst part for me would be how it feels like so many things have been revealed without being left as a surprise. Of course, this could be proven wrong and I will not see until the game arrives, but by now we have seen many characters, items, and a lot of the Smash Run map. I guess there are still stages, music, and game modes. Though we all know the big one that would be desired to see as a surprise is characters when you unlock them. Other game modes not being revealed likely means that there may not be anything particularly special or new. Stages and music might be safe at least.

The game will be cool and fun regardless, but not having those surprises and secrets would take something special away for me. Revealing too much is likely the worst part about it for me. I know they want to show off the characters to try to lure players in, but the surprises and secrets are what I really like. I also feel like there has been a lot of this sort of thing anymore, lots of pokemon and mega-evolutions were revealed before X&Y's release which left only a few unrevealed, Super Mario 3D World spoiled that Rosalina would be playable, and Mario Kart 8 showed its entire roster before release. I would like to just avoid the information, but somehow it always seems to get posted somewhere anyway. I will at least try to stay off the internet entirely after the release in Japan. That much I can at least try.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Probably what we know about online so far. If you want to play vs randoms, you either have to play FFA with items on, or final destination only with items off. At least 1 on 1 is finally possible, but there's more viable competitive stages than just FD, at the very least they also should have allowed Battlefield. Also, no custom movesets whatsoever.

It looks like friend codes are basically going to be the way to go yet again.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
For me, on top of my head the only thing that comes to mind is how out of place Greninja is, I know it's probably just me and I've been very surprised and happy with the roster by far, out of the Pokémon reps Greninja to me comes off as a strange choice... that's probably just because I actually thought Mewtwo would make a comeback at the time and wasn't expecting any other rep so maybe he'll warm up to me.

In terms of anything else? Not really, I've been quite happy with the choices and surprises made so far, I remember thinking that Mii's and Pacman would be a very bad idea but Sakurai completely changed my opinion on that matter and got me hyped at the same time!

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
I'm really looking forward to the game so most of mine are just nitpicks.

• Toon Link not being differentiated more. Also, taking away his pogo-stick down air. What is the point of that nerf?
  • Villager's Timber taking four steps to pull off and not moving with the stage.
  • Villager not having a move that uses his fishing rod. In my mind it'd be like Samus's Grapple Beam or Link's Hookshot.
  • Haven't really been impressed by any stage shown so far. Also worried some of my favorite 64/Melee/Brawl stages won't come back.
  • Stages being exclusive to either 3DS or Wii U. Jungle Japes being 3DS-exclusive is blasphemy. I also want Tortimer Island and Lumiose City in the Wii U version.
  • Wii U version coming out "Holiday" (and we all know it'll be delayed again, too.)
  • The gameplay of Subspace Emissary was pretty bad but I really liked the cutscenes. The newcomer videos don't come close to matching that hype.

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
There are just a couple of things I don't like...

1) :4tlink: could have his own attacks. He could gain a very interesting moveset. He won't...
2) :4lucina: is too similar to :4marth:. I would like a decloning process... removing sword tip and changing some abilities is definitely not what I want.
3) Lack of advanced techniques. I'm not a Melee fanboy, but it's true that the lack of L-cancelling and super-shield made Brawl worse for me. I think characters like :4charizard: or :4bowser: could be pretty better if they could use this techniques against projectile-based characters and for better and faster movements.
4) Don't see the point of a Final Destination mode for the stages. I love that, but I think it could be improved. FD is not the perfect staged since some characters have advantage. I would love to see more platforms, predictable hazards, etc.
5) Don't know how :4mii: are going to be playable in competitive matches.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
It bugs me that some of the newcomers aren't very expressive. Dedede has much more emotion this time around, but Palutena and Lucina feel lifeless. I'm hoping that all this means is these tweaks haven't been done yet; Mega Man seemed to get more expressive over the course of development

pbj10

Smash Rookie
There is no dash dancing. i don't care about wavedashing or l-canceling or the landing lag. i just want to be able to dash dance just because it's fun to do.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Two worst things, really.

One is the lack of Chrom because idunno.

The other is the fact that apparently the Mii Swordfighter is more prioritized to get new sword moves than Lucina is, to add insult to injury.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Easily is the announcement of all these girl hentai characters and also using promotional images with perverse inueddos thats annoying as **** like is it really necessary to put Lucina next to Palutena like that? Also another thing is Dr. Mario isn't in this game which is something everyone wants.

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Easily is the announcement of all these girl hentai characters and also using promotional images with perverse inueddos thats annoying as **** like is it really necessary to put Lucina next to Pauletena like that? Also another thing is Dr. Mario isn't in this game which is something everyone wants.
I thought they were Video game characters but what do I know.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
I thought they were Video game characters but what do I know.
Its the way he presents them in the pictures that is disturbing but also with Peach and Rosalina being cartoony mario characters but then they get hentai overhauled in this game which is just an eyesore. Also we don't need this many female characters they are annoying as hell.

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Two worst things, really.

One is the lack of Chrom because idunno.

The other is the fact that apparently the Mii Swordfighter is more prioritized to get new sword moves than Lucina is, to add insult to injury.
I think Lucina should simply be a costume for Marth.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Easily is the announcement of all these girl hentai characters and also using promotional images with perverse inueddos
I think you're looking into it waaaay too much.

First off, if it was Zamus, I could maybe see the 'hentai' argument, but those two? They're fully clothed, one in armour no less. Unless your problem is they're simply female?

Secondly, they're just lying on their side next to each other. They aren't in bed, they aren't groping each other, they aren't on top of each other. They're just on the ground. On their side. It's something plenaty of people do in public in real life in parks and stuff. I was lying like that next to another friend while we were talking with a third. There's nothing sexual about it. If there's really something sexual that you're getting from that, that's your problem.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Warning Received
I think you're looking into it waaaay too much.

First off, if it was Zamus, I could maybe see the 'hentai' argument, but those two? They're fully clothed, one in armour no less. Unless your problem is they're simply female?

Secondly, they're just lying on their side next to each other. They aren't in bed, they aren't groping each other, they aren't on top of each other. They're just on the ground. On their side. It's something plenaty of people do in public in real life in parks and stuff. I was lying like that next to another friend while we were talking with a third. There's nothing sexual about it. If there's really something sexual that you're getting from that, that's your problem.
This isn't up for debate people have been noticing that picture and pasting a luma over it because her hand is reaching somewhere on Palutena obviously. These are not suitable to be advertising a game obviously Sakarai has some sick fetish with girl on girl crap. Besides we don't want all these female characters in the game and Rosalina and Peach are cartoony but get the Hentai overhall in this game. Which just encourages guy gamers to pick them because they get a disgusting hard on while choosing them as a character. Seriously the hype surrounding brawl wasn't this perverted and didn't have sexual related memes and everyone knows it.

Last edited by a moderator:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Its the way he presents them in the pictures that is disturbing but also with Peach and Rosalina being cartoony mario characters but then they get hentai overhauled in this game which is just an eyesore. Also we don't need this many female characters they are annoying as hell.
Looks like someone hates girls being pretty...
Oh, and girl-on-girl crap's totally considered a fetish! It's not like there's thousands of women out there like that.

TL;DR: Unrustle your jimmies ASAP.

Last edited:

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
I kinda agree with him but at the same time I don't want to come across as salty as him. It's definitely not as extreme as he's making it out to be.

Also, no one wants Dr. Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom