• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst excuse you heard someone say cause they lost

Chaos_Shadow35

Smash Rookie
'The sound wasn't loud enough for me to hear the sounds, so I couldn't concentrate!'

THAT is lame. Plus, the T.V sound was turned on, and it WAS loud.

MrMojoRisin

Smash Apprentice
After destroying my friend who isn't good, but getting much better every week he said this
"My Link wouldn't throw down, if he could you woulda been destroyed."

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This n00b: "I'll lose, your Falco will just waveshine me"

Me: "...Falco's shine sends you up..."

Him "Still..."

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol, here's a good one I used after airdodging off the stage yesterday:

"I wanted to waveland, but obviously the Gamecube didn't agree with me" :laugh:

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I hear it too often, whenever ANYONE around my area plays with peach, "that down smash is too strong", rofl, but i must admit, a move that can potentially take off 70+ damage is pretty nasty, lol, its funny every time i see it.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
I hear it too often, whenever ANYONE around my area plays with peach, "that down smash is too strong", rofl, but i must admit, a move that can potentially take off 70+ damage is pretty nasty, lol, its funny every time i see it.
i only get hit by it once 13-14%
pretty easy to di

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
The infamous "I wasn't trying" which I guess has truth to it....I dunno maybe after the 5'th time winning with characters I dont usually use, it seems to be some utter bullsnaps.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
My friend is like an excuse king. He's never lost a match without having some kind of out of this world reason. Here's what I can recall.

- My finger's been hurting all day long, I can't play as good as I usually do. (Even though he was shffling like a madman)

- Haha, my control stick messed up. I would've had you there.

- I'm so tired right now...

- I haven't played in a long time. (We had just played less than a week ago when he said this)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
My neighbor got pissed and yelled that bowser was broken i hope he was kidding...

and 56K i do that all the time haha like

Well i wanted to use fortress their but bowser took that as a suggestion

Banks

Smash Hero
I like how even when somebody has a valid excuse, people still say no johns. but thats the name of the game.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
"WTF happened to my second jump!" -Me
I'd four stock my friends if I could pay attention to whether or not I still had another jump...

DALegendarySauce

Smash Journeyman
my favorite one is when I was playing stacheman and he had me edge gaurded and was gonna win vs. my ganon. But he kept laying samus's bombs and it didn;t kill me, and then I won.
Then he checked the version after I won and claimed that the match "didn;t" count because he's seen mike nasty do that combo, and it was the "wrong version" so he threw away the disc and we used a fresh copy for our next match, along with different controllers because those still had the old version data on them.(NO JOHNSZ;s)

My 2nd favorite was when I was playing vs. 5150 and he illusioned off the edge to end a very close game by SD, after which he said, "oh man, that was supposed to be an audiable. You're lucky this isn;t madden. (WTF)

aawesome post.

EazyP

Smash Ace
Ha, I love it when people say "You're lucky this isn't *insert game title*"

Really, what the hell, if you want to play that game, pop it in and I'll beat you there too

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Namo: "You're lucky I have hepatitis" (not really though)

Me: "You're lucky I'm playing with a Sega controller"

Chris: "Wavedashing is for n00bs"

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
"Wavedashing is pointless......."

Me: "Well, It sure help me kick the **** out of you...."

Why must noobs bash the advance techs?

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
my bro
*gets beat* NO WAY!! lemme stand up*stands up,pulls pants
come on man,gimme a chance
all right lets play DBZ:tekienchi*puts disc in ps2*

me
man,you cheap
hands sweaty
alright you beat me,lemme chiill
*my sis vs my bro(jiggly vs luigi) my bro beats my sis like there no tommorrow* me:hey,give her a chance,she doesnt even know how to smash

me:you sure my controllers put all the way in?
me: *my bro grabs me from a smash* WTF?! how did you grab me outta my smash?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I have a question. My main is Zelda/Sheik. At the time of this story, I had seldom practiced with any other characters and was more familiar with their animations than their hitboxes. So, I decided that I wanted to expand my knowledge of and skill with other characters. So I get my bro, strictly a Link only player, and begin to play him with new characters. Mario. Ganandorf. Donkey Kong. Marth. -and I'm beating him with each one. The competition between my bro and I is very tight, due to the metagame. I am proficient with advanced techs- he still struggling to learn to WDing. He prides himself on being evenly matched with someone who can use advanced techs. Or rather, prided- things have changed :). Anyway, you can imagine what this does to his ego- to be beat by characters I don't even main. His john was, "I'm not used to these characters." Now, I didn't say this, but I was thinking, "You think I'm used to them? You at least have your main to use." So my question is, is it a legitimate excuse to lose to me playing a foreign character if your not used to playing against that character?

Consider this:
1. He is used to playing with Link
2. I however, am used to his playing style as Link.
3. I am not used to playing with (Insert New Character Here).
4. He however, is not used to countering that character.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
When I lose which I never do lol i just say good game but when I beat my brother. You cheated Jigglypuff has rest or you were lucky . Or if i combo with pichus uair against my friends falco man i hate when you do that I cant do anything.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah Hideous I think its a valid excuse, my friends have trouble vs my low tiers sometimes just because they are infamiliar with what attacks are fast and what they can get hit by and things like that, I personally feel that you had more of an advantage in the fact that you know how heavy link it and whatnot so you will have an easier time comboing / dodging link, whereas he has no idea whats coming with Mario, and no idea where his attack is going to send you, how you are going to recover, your WD distance and such.

If you want to be nice, tell him to slow down when facing characters he doesnt know the match up for, play more defensively until he figures it out, should only take a match or two if he is at all decent.

Anyways back to topic, I hear some pretty interesting johns sometimes, mostly its from newbs.
I get to hear "stop F***ing grabbing me" "you can't be hit" "bull****" "the characters you play never DIE" "I didn't try" things of that nature

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
"It's because they have swords" that one made me shake my head and hope that person quits at life.
I hear this ALL the time from my "scrub" friends. lol. They will not play if i am Marth....:mad:
Oh well, i just pull out my Samus then!!!

Vegard

Smash Lord
"I always play bad on sundays", or "I'm on my top of my game in the nights, why can't we run the tournament later?"

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
I told my friend I could beat his main with Jigglypuff. He says, "I don't think so," and after I 2 stocked him, he said, "Are you happy now? I didn't really wanna do that anyways."

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
The worst I've heard is people saying, "You can't hit me when I'm off the satge, you have to wait til I get back on."

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
"Arrgh! Why is Ganon faster than Sheik?!" - my bro

"Arrgh! Why is Ganon faster than Marth?!" - my bro

(Sheik vs Ganondorf in NTSC) "See, instead of chaingrabbing, I call it a scared tactic, cuz you're scared you're gonna lose if you don't." - Namo

"What's wrong with your game?" -Stiltz

"You only lost because I mindgamed your controller into not working" - Me, jokingly of course

Top Bottom