• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World Wrestling Entertainment

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
i stopped watching wrestling a few months ago due to the fact the storylines were not very interesting but i still upload the dirt sheet to YT its pretty **** funny

I actually stopped watching a few years ago, last time I remember watching it was before Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were still alive, may they Rest In Peace, from then on it became kinda pointless to watch it anymore, but anyway I just started playing the Smackdown vs. Raw superstar series bundle pack, and I have to say it sure brought alot of good memories form when I used to watch it.

I just saw Jeff become the new number 1 contender on friday.

Jeff Hardy for next WWE champion.
since when is Jeff Hardy turn into a heavyweight? I thought he would always be a lightweight.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296

since when is Jeff Hardy turn into a heavyweight? I thought he would always be a lightweight.
That distinction doesn't really exist anymore. If the superstar is liked well enough within the company and by the fans, they'll get pushed and likely (at some point) receive the title. People like Orton, Punk, and even Edge and Jericho certainly aren't heavyweights, and they were still credible champions.

OmegaXXII

Does anyone know if Rey Mysterio actually took off his luchador mask against Kane at No Mercy? of course this is only saying if he lost the match.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Can't say I follow WWE anymore since I don't have cable in my room. I'll check the reports every week, but with Punk stripped of his title, Jericho playing the boring conceited heel role (which may change since his stooge was fired), Michaels nigh retirement, and Trips on the B-show with their horrendous Vickie Guerrero angles (seriously, a Trips-Edge program would be SO MUCH BETTER without Vickie Guerrero involved), I get bored. Benoit was a draw for me, but he's dead now. I'd start watching again, but I'm afraid John Cena may pop out of the crowd and secure the kindergarten demographic while running everything else into the ground, then get injured again three weeks later where not only are good angles killed off but even the stupid one they had written up is gone.

I think WWE should consolidate back to two brands; they've taken a huge **** all over "ECW" and turned it into their new OVW/doghouse and they've got poor angles running on both main shows (with the exception of the building Orton/Afa/Priceless stable). Not to mention Raw without Jim Ross isn't Raw. It's @#$%ing Michael Cole.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I've been out of touch with WWE as of late. It's a combination of both my loss of interest, lack of time, and increased interest in numerous Independent promotions (notably CHIKARA, PWG, and SOME RoH). CHIKARA is by far my favorite, with PWG and Magnum Joey Ryan coming in second. ;)

However, I was happy to see Edge return at SS, and with a jank beard to boot.

notftomearth7 said:
I am honestly loving Vladamir Koslov! The guy is a ****** beast.
w0rd

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
I still watch it. However, the stories are not as interesting as it was years ago. Getting too kid friendly lately, in my opinion. WWE Kids? <_<' I also think Vladamir is the best thing to happen to SmaskDown in recent times. They totally need to make him champion.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I do think that the stories aren't compelling, but it doesn't really matter with guys like Vladamir Koslov, Kofi Kingston, C.M Punk, William Regal, Undertaker, Evan Bourne, and DJ Gabe on the roster. They have enough solid talent for it to excel. The only time when I seriously thought about stop watching was during the Triple H vs. Umaga fued a few years back. It just felt like the 80s WWE/F I've researched, the power wrestlers were being pushed, and the smaller guys were jobbing. Now it seems like WWE is focused more on pushing pure talent (Although they MUST push HHH :( )

I'd like to just throw this on record. John Cena doesn't suck, he's being used incorrectly. First of all, I've seen him wrestle since his heel rap days. THAT was when he impressed me. However, as soon as he went to Raw, his monster push made me realize that he just failed. He's a huge crowd pleaser, real nice in person, and has got the stamina to be WWE's Golden Boy for a long time. which wouldn't bother me if he actually wrestled, instead of sticking to that same 5 move pattern.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I have a few words to note, thank the gods Cena didn't win superstar of the year.
The only reason why I think he didn't win was because everybody would've expected WWE to do so, so they just slapped the award on Chris Jericho so he gets more heat.

Also: whoever has the "Chris Jericho does not approve" sig wins the Internet.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I don't think Cena winning Superstar of the year award would sit right with ANYONE (aside from 8 year old marks). Aside from his return at the RR, and his victory of Jericho, he wasn't very active at all.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
I'd like to just throw this on record. John Cena doesn't suck, he's being used incorrectly. First of all, I've seen him wrestle since his heel rap days. THAT was when he impressed me. However, as soon as he went to Raw, his monster push made me realize that he just failed. He's a huge crowd pleaser, real nice in person, and has got the stamina to be WWE's Golden Boy for a long time. which wouldn't bother me if he actually wrestled, instead of sticking to that same 5 move pattern.
God, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I keep bring this up to stop people from saying it but people choose to stay ignorant. Kudos for you bringing this up.

Also, I'm surprised nobody bumped this on the occasion that now Jeff got the push he deserved. Now the only quiestion remains is how long will he keep the belt.

OmegaXXII

Okay....

W00T! Jeff's champion! North Carolina is an epic win for bringing us Jeff and Matt Hardy! Like I said before, W00T!

Whoa!! Jeff is champ now?

Last time I checked he lost against Triple H at No Mercy, since then I haven't watched WWE, how is DX generation holding up since there comeback from October? Also is Matt Hardy still the ECW Champ?

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
gosh i wish wrestling was like it used to be, like the attitude
era. its NO WHERE near as good as it used to be.
Dont have the rock, stone cold, and a bunch
of wrestlers that made it what it was.
I miss it=/

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
We all know it's fake but the thing that you have to remember is that it can still be dangerous for them. They can still injure themselves from doing these moves. Honestly try doing what they do and say that you don't hurt or feel pain from some of the moves they take.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
All I know is, I didn't realize how great bra and panties matches were. That is until they went PG and now I have to watch two women who cant tell the difference between a wristlock and a wristwatch. I need my half naked women back! I can watch GOOD women's wrestling on tna, that is... if they can get the MEM off my screen.

Top Bottom