• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

E3_

Smash Apprentice
Lol rightttttt

Drake makin hoez wobble like a bridge in a earthquake - Lol. Can't take this man seriously.
Tell me Mr. I AM BLUE what rapper you take serious

THE THINGS IM WILLING TO DO TO HER
I WISH I CAN HAVE A THREESOME WIT TO OF HER
I WOULD SING A LOVE SONG IF I KNEW THE WORDS
BUT ILL BE D*MNED IF A NOTHER ***** DO IT FIRST=drake

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Of course it's all opinion, but I'm just trying to understand people's opinion. I personally don't see what's so special about him. I mean I can understand why people like catchy songs. Sometimes, people get too preachy and all up their own a$$ when trying to make a message in all their songs, which is why I don't listen to the majority of conscious rappers. I just don't like that lyrics are so easily dismissed just because the chorus is catchy.

I can take a lot of rappers seriously. He11, I can even take wayne seriously, even though the ***** made a rock album. I just can't take Drake too seriously. i remember on the.....room for improvement mixtape...i think it's that one....he says something along the lines of women should be cherished and respected. But then you'll play one of his more recent songs and it'll be the opposite. Don't get me wrong, i'm not sensitive about the $hit. A bunch of the rappers i listen to say ***** and ho all the time. Difference is, they aren't saying one thing and then saying another.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
first of all, you know what it is if you heard Drake
makin *****es wobble like a bridge in an earthquake
never see me out, cuz I live in my work place
I'll give you the business, so button up your shirt straight
look at where I landed, you'd think that I planned it
I'm just doin me and you can't understand it
chicks get hammered, big **** bandit
money flowin like a slit wrist wit no bandage

no comment

No more, ask less
all verses get dummied like crash tests
I say ya favorite rapper sub-par, at best
and these wack *****z couldn't find me with an address
yes! guess who's back at it
stage of intervention, it's apparent I'm an addict
ballin isn't my hobby, it's more like a habit
these *****z actin like everyday is a Sabbath
my life move faster than a leopard sprint
around the world got a lot of spots like leopard print
ha, and I'm fresh like peppermint

no comment

Boofy!

Smash Champion
dammn my man E3 with the QUADRUPLE post lol.. and drake does have some nice lines and metaphors. nowhere near lupe's level tho, i swear i can listen to one song from tha dude over and over and still catch something new everytime

E3_

Smash Apprentice
first of all, you know what it is if you heard Drake
makin *****es wobble like a bridge in an earthquake
never see me out, cuz I live in my work place
I'll give you the business, so button up your shirt straight
look at where I landed, you'd think that I planned it
I'm just doin me and you can't understand it
chicks get hammered, big **** bandit
money flowin like a slit wrist wit no bandage

no comment

No more, ask less
all verses get dummied like crash tests
I say ya favorite rapper sub-par, at best
and these wack *****z couldn't find me with an address
yes! guess who's back at it
stage of intervention, it's apparent I'm an addict
ballin isn't my hobby, it's more like a habit
these *****z actin like everyday is a Sabbath
my life move faster than a leopard sprint
around the world got a lot of spots like leopard print
ha, and I'm fresh like peppermint

no comment
Dats all cool......U typed all that

Mr.I AM BLUE...i guess

E3_

Smash Apprentice
dammn my man E3 with the QUADRUPLE post lol.. and drake does have some nice lines and metaphors. nowhere near lupe's level tho, i swear i can listen to one song from tha dude over and over and still catch something new everytime
LOL...Lupe cool as he11.I didnt like him til my only friend i trust started playin him...Not better than drake tho lolol

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
The Cool is a GREAT ****in album. Just listen to it for the first time in awhile today...dude's too much.

Finally got some Blu and Elzhi today too, gonna give them a few listens.

Jane

Smash Hero
just because its been mentioned once doesnt mean it cant be mentioned again

the cool is great. at first i didnt like it that much, but its just one of those albums that takes some warming up to before it really hits you

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
the following rappers are the ****:

big L, notorious big, tupac, nas, dr dre, eazy e, ice cube, immortal technique, classified, eminem, tech n9ne, ya boy, big pun, bone thugz, common sense

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
This is going around in circles...we mentioned the cool already lol
There are like 9000 people better then these people lol
PFFFFFT name them XD.

Srsly, I'm just saying. I was listening to it today, and the album was completely different to me than when I first heard it. It COULD be these new Beats By Dre earphones I'm using...but the entire album, track for track, was fire to me.

Besides, I don't listen to hundreds of thousands of artists, just the best ones. The ones with the beats that speak to me, and the lyrics that get me thinking. I can't speak on artists that don't apply.

Its been mentioned like 4 times over in this thread lol. Just saying...hes good but overrated a little.
also can someone tell me how drake is good.
<---hasn't bothered to read the whole thread.
HOW is he overrated? He's on nobody's top ten even though he's better than your favorite rapper's favorite rapper.

Drake is okay, HE'S overrated though. Nothing he says is that amazing, I think people just like him because he's different...like Myspace used to be.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
enough of this drake talk! if you like em, you like em. if ya don't, ya don't. back to posting music links! i'm lookin for new artists though. not just good songs : /.

@N9NE - may have to check out more evidence........

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
maybe its time to listen to some classics from back in the day?
yeah, speaking of which i saw binary star in concert in seattle on Sunday and it was an incredible show and reunion. They played thorugh most of MOTU but then they started to play some new stuff and announed that they are coming back together and making a new album. I couldn't quite hear the lyrics which is binary's strongest point by far just due to the the crowd being crazy loud but it was easy to tell that they were as stong as ever and the 10 years apart isn't gonna weaken them at all. At one point though Silla stopped the music after one of the new songs and had OneBeLo repeat his last verse A Capella and it was incredible.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
idk how many of you are melee players, but if you are odds are you're subscribed to HMW (theWaffle77) on youtube.. he had made a trailer for pound4 featuring a song by VerBs and Intuition called Hip No ties.. the song was great and really made me a fan of both artists..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw5TuJsSDyA -- Touch the Moon

prolly my favorite song by them, if you like what you hear i highly recommend DLing their mixtape titled "the buzz" (it's free on their myspace) great music right here

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
yeah, speaking of which i saw binary star in concert in seattle on Sunday and it was an incredible show and reunion. They played thorugh most of MOTU but then they started to play some new stuff and announed that they are coming back together and making a new album. I couldn't quite hear the lyrics which is binary's strongest point by far just due to the the crowd being crazy loud but it was easy to tell that they were as stong as ever and the 10 years apart isn't gonna weaken them at all. At one point though Silla stopped the music after one of the new songs and had OneBeLo repeat his last verse A Capella and it was incredible.
****. i'm jealous:dizzy:

^lol i downloaded that too. the beats got a flying lotus kind of feel to them. the mixtape is pretty dope

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Jay Electronica.... I don't see the hype.

People say he's lyrical.... don't see it.

Dude bores me to death.

Top Bottom