• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
....o.o

the first comment makes me like the song even more. its a really sweet song

I thought his dad was also on Life's a *****?

And didn't he have a single with his pops?
he was on that, nas sampled his dad.

& idk.

Niko45

Smash Master
Nas's dad is also on Bridging the Gap, and I'm pretty sure he's the voice on Street's Disciple that says "From the day you were born, you had that gleam in your eye" but I'm not entirely sure.

Edit:

I'm on an instrumental kick, just thought I'd share this with you guys cause its one of my favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV-Ily0d9Fg

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
No, it was leaked. And there's no point in that being a single when it's already peaked at where it will be. Shining Down could have been a single too, but that too was leaked.

So Lupe put this out.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Cookie quit acting dumb.

The song was leaked so they had to chase it and try to get their money's worth. The video came outta Lupe's pocket.

This is the "Official" first single.

Got ****, this **** is dope IMO. It's not Lupe's best song. But, for a Lupe single this is nice. I can see this on some NBA Finals/NBA All Star type ****.

BTW NBA Season has started. Heat suck. Go Rockets!!!!!

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Cookie quit acting dumb.

The song was leaked so they had to chase it and try to get their money's worth. The video came outta Lupe's pocket.

This is the "Official" first single.

Got ****, this **** is dope IMO. It's not Lupe's best song. But, for a Lupe single this is nice. I can see this on some NBA Finals/NBA All Star type ****.

BTW NBA Season has started. Heat suck. Go Rockets!!!!!
Yeah I hope the single does good.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure they used Superstar to promote NBA All star game a few years ago. This song is better than Superstar IMO. So i could see it being used in that situation.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Idk if it's better than Superstar, but it's definitely been on repeat for the last 20 minutes...

Lupe's been kind of on his grind lately. Surprised I am.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
KC relax, what has Cookie done to you?

Lupe track is mediocre. Hook is cool.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
KC relax, what has Cookie done to you?

Lupe track is mediocre. Hook is cool.
i dont even know
&
i mean released as a single by the label... i know they were leaked.... released by the label is "official" in my terms

agreed with the track... cant get into it

soap

Smash Hero
Nas's dad is also on Bridging the Gap, and I'm pretty sure he's the voice on Street's Disciple that says "From the day you were born, you had that gleam in your eye" but I'm not entirely sure.

Edit:

I'm on an instrumental kick, just thought I'd share this with you guys cause its one of my favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV-Ily0d9Fg
who produced?

also. **** you cookie

Niko45

Smash Master
who produced?

also. **** you cookie
Good question. The guy is called Ayatollah. Idk if anyone else is more familiar with him but I don't really follow a lot of the artists he seems to work with (Inspectah Deck solo, Cormega, Vast Aire, Afu-Ra). Only other really notable track I know he produced was Ms. Fat Booty for Mos Def.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
illlllll. that is all.

aagreeeed!
Haha, he appreciates it. Thanks =]

Good question. The guy is called Ayatollah. Idk if anyone else is more familiar with him but I don't really follow a lot of the artists he seems to work with (Inspectah Deck solo, Cormega, Vast Aire, Afu-Ra). Only other really notable track I know he produced was Ms. Fat Booty for Mos Def.
Interesting, might have to look into some of his stuff. Inspectah Deck!

*hops on bandwagon*
**** you guys.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I see you driving round town with the girl I love and I'm like "**** YOU"

uh, so anyways. is a finished "All of the Lights" available anywhere? That's definitely my favorite Dark Twisted Fantasy track so far.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
the Ortiz show last night was pretty good. can you believe this man is touring around the country in a damm chrysler minivan? he said he's getting absolutely no backing from his label. he didn't have a tour bus or anything so he just drove around in that. i took a picture with him but i look like a damm groupie. didn't know i was cheesin so hard >__>. anyway, i couldn't ask your question N9NE...shit would've fucked up the whole vibe after the show. he was reppin slaughterhouse pretty hard....unfortunately, he didn't bring any of them with him on tour >__> he had some decent opening acts though. gonna check out Apollo The Great. there was only like 80 people at the show though...really thought more people would show up.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
That's dope Blu. Didn't expect you to ask the question lol, you're right it would have made it mad odd. Were the crowd hype? What did he perform? How long was his set? Glad to hear he repped SH strong. 80 is small, but sounds like it would have been real intimate (pause) which is good in its own way. Was he a cool dude? Dude needs a shave though lol.

The rest of SH were in NY for Joe's MM4 release show at BB Kings. Joe repped SH hard too.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
That's dope Blu. Didn't expect you to ask the question lol, you're right it would have made it mad odd. Were the crowd hype? What did he perform? How long was his set? Glad to hear he repped SH strong. 80 is small, but sounds like it would have been real intimate (pause) which is good in its own way. Was he a cool dude? Dude needs a shave though lol. Post more pics if you've got them.

The rest of SH were in NY for Joe's MM4 release show at BB Kings. Joe repped SH hard too.

Top Bottom