• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
so as some of you may or may not remember, i declared kanye's through the wire one of my favorite hiphop songs of all time. i would like to now further that list with two additional songs.

jay's "girls girls girls" and immortal technique's "dance with the devil"

that is all.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Anybody go to apex? I only got to meet YBM.
I did. I saw you but I don't post here enough so I was just watching your matches and stuff. I was impressed, I kind of thought you'd be like crush level or something haha. I saw Y.b.M. too with his camera recording or something.

soap

Smash Hero
So what are some new releases for 2012 so far that I should keep my eye on? o-o

Also introducing 50 Cent she sounds mad.... shall I say the R word? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM3rjM5wq9Q&feature=player_embedded#!

Fox news. lol
Na, she didn't sound mad. She sounded like a corny middle aged white woman. They both just sounded mad ignorant, especially when fifty was being particularly well spoken, sounding like an actual head of his company.

But, 300-400 is kinda nuts for headphones, considering how saturated the market is now with 'rapper' sponsored headphones. Aside from Dre, Luda and RZA launched lines too.

I'll never drop that kind of bank when Shure, Senheisser and Ultrasone have high quality products at a fraction of the cost.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yeah I was using mad in a figurative sense, they just came off as... people I just wouldn't wanna talk to lol he did a good job at brushing that off and keeping his composure.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yeah 50 speaks out about things that don't concern him as of lately and has been somewhere present where drama is at. Ray J and Fab situation he was said to be the instigator, T.I. and his wife with the charge situation, this with Jay-Z and Beyonce's baby.. lmao dude can't be bored with all the stuff he has going on.

Then he turns around with noble actions such as helping feed underprivileged children with his site, energy shots and headphones.. idk.. he a conflicting person lol

soap

Smash Hero
Love that song just for the sexist *** third; when he talks about Mrs. Fu Fu, specifically.
Mrs. Fufu wasn't sexist. That was an Eddie Murphy reference.

It's sexist to talk about the bull**** of having to give half of your estate to a woman who had nothing?

Even my moms told me to sign a pre-nup..

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
50 Cent is a strange hybrid of being a street thug and a respectable, successful, and intelligent businessman.

I find it hilarious.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I ain't normal no more lol, I'm starting to Odd Future now xD Starting with downloading Earl after hearing WakeUp****** and Pigeons lmfaoooo **** keeps me laughing and it's good.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEBODY CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

It seems like everytime I post something on here these days nobody even looks at it. I'm sorry I'm not on here as often as I once used to be. But, please check out what I have to offer.

Words I Never Said (Story Included)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYXwgyAFNhM

Thank you and much love!

soap

Smash Hero
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEBODY CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

It seems like everytime I post something on here these days nobody even looks at it. I'm sorry I'm not on here as often as I once used to be. But, please check out what I have to offer.

Words I Never Said (Story Included)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYXwgyAFNhM

Thank you and much love!
is that u spitting?

Flow is decent, I like the voice effect auto-tune type thingy. Not used to reading paragraphs while trying to catch a verse at the same time, but the content was synced pretty well that I caught most of it first time thru. Altho, you should just let the verse speak for itself, that **** written down just comes off as sappy.

Also, I wouldn't disown your friend just cuz they asked to borrow money. But don't lend them money unless you know exactly what it's for.

also. finally checking out a 9th Wonder lecture. ~Illmatic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3oez_FRogI&feature=related

If u got an hour an a half, it's actually really interesting

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
is that u spitting?

Flow is decent, I like the voice effect auto-tune type thingy. Not used to reading paragraphs while trying to catch a verse at the same time, but the content was synced pretty well that I caught most of it first time thru. Altho, you should just let the verse speak for itself, that **** written down just comes off as sappy.

Also, I wouldn't disown your friend just cuz they asked to borrow money. But don't lend them money unless you know exactly what it's for.
Thanks for listening. No, myy friend did all sorts of stupid **** like talk behind my back and then act all cool when i was around. Then he needed money and told me don't expecct to get paid back cause it was gonna go to his marijuana and all that I'm like **** that. and as far as the spitting I wasn't tryna spit hard just spit what I felt. The only effects I used were Flanger: 2 voice and that was only at the beginning and Large Room Echo.

Jane

Smash Hero
yo master slice when you posted a link to your mixtape I tried listening/downloading but that website wouldn't let me without filling out a survey first. So I was like **** this.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
yo master slice when you posted a link to your mixtape I tried listening/downloading but that website wouldn't let me without filling out a survey first. So I was like **** this.
Yea, that was one of the big complaints from everybody in my group screaming at me about people have to sign up and ****. I'll probably have to repost it on datpiff or something so people can listen. It's not our official mixtape it's just our leftover bull****.

soap

Smash Hero
No, myy friend did all sorts of stupid **** like talk behind my back and then act all cool when i was around. Then he needed money and told me don't expecct to get paid back cause it was gonna go to his marijuana and all that I'm like **** that.
That's a great strat to get someone to lend you money. Hey don't expect to get paid back..

Now this is actually sounding like the type of dude I would disassociate with.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I've honestly stopped giving a **** about underground *****s because they have an extra 100 *****s that wanna be deep every ****ing month, so I say "**** it, I'll peep them when they drop a studio album."

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I've honestly stopped giving a **** about underground *****s because they have an extra 100 *****s that wanna be deep every ****ing month, so I say "**** it, I'll peep them when they drop a studio album."
What?

anyways, I really want to hate Childish Gambino (I hate the dude's comedy and acting) but dude has got some dope tracks and punchlines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjo1aww8lHA&ob=av2n

"i made the beat and murdered it, casey anthony"

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I'm just glad somebody listened.

I need people to critique me and tell me what they do and don't like about me. Being the leader of a group they always tell me my **** sounds good. And I'm like WTF??? Can you at least say something sounds like ****??? Like, I don't wanna sound like ****, but I need unbiased criticism!!!

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Basically, too many rappers nowadays.
THANK YOU!!!!

I tell everybody that. It seems like everytime I tell somebody I spit, it just soooo happens that they are rappers to. But, you really have to be into hip hop to know who can rap and what not. If they can't rhyme on beat with a written then I tell them to quit ****ing wasting time. People bull**** too damn much.

That's respectable if you don't wanna listen to me. I just ask that if you do to critique me. Please and Thank you!

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
I agree, to many *****s wanting/trying to rap nowadays. I mean its cool just rapping with ya homeys or something for fun...just to many trying to be serious. That's what makes me fall away from hip hop and find myself listening to like Daft punk, gorillaz or something haha.

rhan

Smash Hero
I've been listening to Japanese radio.. since I found out I can listen to international ration stations through ITunes...

/nerd.

But yeah the most hip-hop I've listened to recently is MGK. Cuz he's dope af.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I used to listen to MGK. I got bored of him. Idk what it was. He just seems all over the place. Lace Up was still hot as ****.

I've only been listening to Vince Staples and Blu recently.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Man I listen to such random *** stuff, anyone who's fb friends with me can attest to that with all the links and **** i post. Right now it's Steve Aoki's new album.. here's a track he has with Cudi and Travis Barker. Not everyone will feel this but it's worth checkin out if u got some good headphones/system..
and after an L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmjbYmnV5Kg

Jane

Smash Hero
^love it. you and me have a very similar taste in music, i've noticed.

and on the whole "too many rappers nowadays" ordeal, i think thats total malarky. yes, there are a lot of rappers, and yes, a disproportionate amount suck. but this is HEALTHY. this is how hip hop grows, by allowing as many people as possible to jump into the genre. this is how greats are made/discovered. i say you shouldnt worry about unskilled rappers/producers at all, if anything just laugh at their incompetency and just move on. no need to be spiteful.

soap

Smash Hero
ya man, that's like saying there are too many indie bands.

You can't possibly listen to everything produced, so just chill, sit back, and listen to what catches your ear, or strikes a chord.

Been listening to alot of Kendrick for example, and he rolls deep with Black Hippy all over his tracks. Jay Rock and Schoolboy Q are solid, but Ab Soul's verses had a more distinct style that kinda caught my ear. Checked out Longterm Mentality, and it was pretty dope.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I have an interesting question for you guys..

Who is the sexiest female that you just wouldn't have sex with? and the ugliest that you still would?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Kim Kardashian. Hands down. ***** prolly got something by now.

Ugliest?

That ***** from Jersey Shore, Snooki. She ain't cute to me at all, but I think she'd give the ****in' coldest skully a ***** could ever receive.

EDIT: Fun fact, Kanye ****ed Kim K. That's the reason why Yeezy and Amber Rose broke up.

Top Bottom